Minecraft Update Aquatic - 100% Guide for PS3 and Vita

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

It sounds like 1 or more patches have really messed up the PS3 version at some point, because I did all of these trophies when they first became available all those years ago and had zero issues getting them.

Hey mate, how are you?

Yes, this game was very frustrating at times. I have no issues working things out for myself or digging into things but I know a lot of people don'r have the time or patience for that, so I just wanted to do a brain dump while everything was fresh in my mind. I would say a quick brain dump but it seems that writing all this has taken six hours!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Dude, this is incredible! Thanks!!!

Thank you, you made my day. 🍻

I know it's going to be a bit annoying for people where I say "I did this in my friend's world..." but that's why I have asked others to chime in so I can make it more complete. I'm hoping people have some good seeds on Patch 1.84 for some of the more annoying trophies and will update the OP as and when anything comes in.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 4/3/2024 at 1:50 AM, Rebourne07 said:

Dude, this is incredible! Thanks!!!

I've completely updated this to be a 100% guide using the Tutorial World.

I would be curious if anyone with access to the Legacy version on PS4 could test this. I think this should also work for XBox 360 as well.

The last version on PS3 and Vita is 1.84, on PS4 Legacy it was 1.76 and on XBox, TU69. It should all be the same.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HuntingFever said:

IMO, this is good enough to be converted into a main site Gameplay Guide so see here for how to do it :): https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/98674-guidewriters-headquarters/

That's very kind, thank you very much! :)

The reason I decided to post it here is I wasn't sure if it might get lost with the other guides. There have been a few occasions in the past where the linked guide on this site wasn't as good as other guides, which are harder to find.

But I agree, it would be easier to use with the guide format with all the hyperlinked trophies, so I will take a look. It shouldn't be too hard to copy everything over.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dinniestar said:

incredible work. I just completed Minecraft PS3 and will be moving onto the Vita version soon will be using this should make this is into a guide and get is published 

Thank you! Congratulations on the PS3 100%. 

The Vita version is laggy and has a lower framerate than the PS3 version, so the first fifteen minutes will be painful but you soon get used to it, and then stop noticing it entirely.

The biggest issue is the pop-in and a lot of the landmarks don't render properly, so it makes navigating a bit harder, but overall I really enjoyed it. If you are able to play on PSTV then I would highly recommend it, having the same controls as the PS3 version and being able to play with a joypad on a big TV is really good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

The reason I decided to post it here is I wasn't sure if it might get lost with the other guides. There have been a few occasions in the past where the linked guide on this site wasn't as good as other guides, which are harder to find.

But I agree, it would be easier to use with the guide format with all the hyperlinked trophies, so I will take a look. It shouldn't be too hard to copy everything over.

If you need any advice about the porting process, the Guide Team will be able to help you :).

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

If you need any advice about the porting process, the Guide Team will be able to help you :).

Thanks mate. I am considering doing the PS4 version so thanks also for all the tips you posted on the threads for that version so you can play the Legacy Edition, much appreciated.

• Like 1

Just now, NueCuh said:

I’m wondering is there tips on how to get ender pearls easily? You probably said it in the guide but I look over things easily. 

Yes, it's in there. There's a huge amount of text - 12,500 words - so I suggest just using Ctrl + F to find things. 

Use the dupe glitch to give yourself as many Emeralds as you want - it's at the start of the Roadmap under Step 2.

Then, go to the starting Village and in the second building on the right (where the Trading Tutorial is). 

There is a guy in a white coat on the right behind the counter - he's the Librarian. To his left is the Cleric. The Cleric sells Ender Pearls for four Emeralds. With the dupe glitch you can get as many Ender Pearls as you want. You have to buy a few things off him to unlock more of his inventory but the Cleric will always sell exactly the same items, so you are guaranteed to be able to do this.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Yes, it's in there. There's a huge amount of text - 12,500 words - so I suggest just using Ctrl + F to find things. 

Use the dupe glitch to give yourself as many Emeralds as you want - it's at the start of the Roadmap under Step 2.

Then, go to the starting Village and in the second building on the right (where the Trading Tutorial is). 

There is a guy in a white coat on the right behind the counter - he's the Librarian. To his left is the Cleric. The Cleric sells Ender Pearls for four Emeralds. With the dupe glitch you can get as many Ender Pearls as you want. You have to buy a few things off him to unlock more of his inventory but the Cleric will always sell exactly the same items, so you are guaranteed to be able to do this.

Thanks a lot! i’ll definitely use this! 

• Like 1

For the Elder Guardian, I just put a cow in my boat and parked that atop the monument. No need to fill up the inventory with buckets.

I then hollowed out a tunnel to the top of the monument using slime blocks, because those can be broken in one hit even when affected by mining fatigue, giving me a dry tube into the top chamber from which the Elder Guardian was easy to kill.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2024 at 9:56 AM, baboon_overlord said:

Dude yes, please, this is such good work it needs to be preserved in the form of an official gameplay guide so that it's not lost to the forums with time. 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 6:19 PM, Rebourne07 said:

Dude yes, please, this is such good work it needs to be preserved in the form of an official gameplay guide so that it's not lost to the forums with time. 

Thanks again. I will contact the Guide Team and ask if this can be posted as a full 100% guide instead of a Platinum guide with separate DLC guides: because everything is so interlinked, it would completely break the point of what I am trying to achieve. Additionally, all the DLC is free and is effectively integral to the game, so I don't see why not (I'm pretty certain I've seen a couple of PS3 guides with all the DLC trophies, so I am sure it is possible).

I have received the old physical PS4 version and did a quick test with an alt earlier and everything looks to be pretty much identical on that as well. I'm not sure if the PS4 version is most efficiently completed using creative mode glitches but I'm going to do it legit using what I know and enjoy playing the game. 

• Like 1

@HuntingFever HI HF, sorry to "at" you.

As the Minecraft PS4 resident expert, I'm just curious, do you think there's much of a demand for this guide for PS4 Legacy Edition? I bought the correct version of the PS4 physical as per your advice and have managed to crank out the Platinum and a total of 79 trophies in just over a day using my knowledge of the Update Aquatic Tutorial World, which is identical to everything I have written on here (obviously I wasn't playing for a day straight, probably 12 hours tops). 

The Villagers/Merchants are different, but I quickly figured out how to abuse the RNG to get Frost Walker 2. The Nether was the same but the coordinates were different - hard to explain but all the landmarks were correct once you found the Fortress (I knew exactly where to go and what to do once I found it), they were just higher up than on PS3/Vita. The only thing that is different so far is that "Map Room" unfortunately needs the nine smaller maps to unlock. Oh, and where the PS3 version requires you to use a Furnace you built yourself for the "Alternative Energy" trophy, on PS4 you need to use a Furnace you didn't build!

Strangely, I have managed to unlock two trophies from other DLCs that weren't on the other two consoles - "Marine Biologist" and "Do a Barrel Roll" but "Ahoy!" does not unlock despite me having visited three Shipwrecks so far. I can see I can import this World into Bedrock, so maybe that will work, but this is where I have huge gaps in my knowledge as I know nothing about Bedrock trophies other than Realms and Creative mode glitch abuse.

It would be really great if I could import a fully built out Trophy World into Bedrock and keep going to get all the trophies - do you know if this is possible? And/or is it completely redundant due to Realms or giving yourself any item you want in Creative mode using the command console glitch?

I appreciate any advice you have to offer, it would be amazing if I could extend what I have so far to fully cover the PS4 version. If it is possible, that would mean people who own the Editions version could import and run their own Trophy World Realms based on my guide - that would be pretty cool!

Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

@HuntingFever HI HF, sorry to "at" you.

As the Minecraft PS4 resident expert, I'm just curious, do you think there's much of a demand for this guide for PS4 Legacy Edition? I bought the correct version of the PS4 physical as per your advice and have managed to crank out the Platinum and a total of 79 trophies in just over a day using my knowledge of the Update Aquatic Tutorial World, which is identical to everything I have written on here (obviously I wasn't playing for a day straight, probably 12 hours tops). 

The Villagers/Merchants are different, but I quickly figured out how to abuse the RNG to get Frost Walker 2. The Nether was the same but the coordinates were different - hard to explain but all the landmarks were correct once you found the Fortress (I knew exactly where to go and what to do once I found it), they were just higher up than on PS3/Vita. The only thing that is different so far is that "Map Room" unfortunately needs the nine smaller maps to unlock. Oh, and where the PS3 version requires you to use a Furnace you built yourself for the "Alternative Energy" trophy, on PS4 you need to use a Furnace you didn't build!

Strangely, I have managed to unlock two trophies from other DLCs that weren't on the other two consoles - "Marine Biologist" and "Do a Barrel Roll" but "Ahoy!" does not unlock despite me having visited three Shipwrecks so far. I can see I can import this World into Bedrock, so maybe that will work, but this is where I have huge gaps in my knowledge as I know nothing about Bedrock trophies other than Realms and Creative mode glitch abuse.

It would be really great if I could import a fully built out Trophy World into Bedrock and keep going to get all the trophies - do you know if this is possible? And/or is it completely redundant due to Realms or giving yourself any item you want in Creative mode using the command console glitch?

I appreciate any advice you have to offer, it would be amazing if I could extend what I have so far to fully cover the PS4 version. If it is possible, that would mean people who own the Editions version could import and run their own Trophy World Realms based on my guide - that would be pretty cool!

Thanks in advance.

With Trophy Realms and the Creation Mode exploit making it possible to get most of the trophies in a few hours or day, a 100% Walkthrough for the PS4 version would likely only be of interest to Hardcore purist players who despise trophy realms/exploits and everything they stand for. Personally, I would focus your efforts on the PS3 and Vita versions where the trophies are a PITA to get, then come back to the PS4 version later on but focus on doing a mini-Guide for the buggy/confusing trophies instead of the ones which are easily obtained through exploits and trophy realms :). Do note though, that cross-save was patched out years ago from all 3 versions of Minecraft so is no longer an option, though there is a chance it could be reinstated only for the PS4 version when the rumoured PS5 release comes out :(.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2024 at 12:32 PM, HuntingFever said:

With Trophy Realms and the Creation Mode exploit making it possible to get most of the trophies in a few hours or day, a 100% Walkthrough for the PS4 version would likely only be of interest to Hardcore purist players who despise trophy realms/exploits and everything they stand for. Personally, I would focus your efforts on the PS3 and Vita versions where the trophies are a PITA to get, then come back to the PS4 version later on but focus on doing a mini-Guide for the buggy/confusing trophies instead of the ones which are easily obtained through exploits and trophy realms :). Do note though, that cross-save was patched out years ago from all 3 versions of Minecraft so is no longer an option, though there is a chance it could be reinstated only for the PS4 version when the rumoured PS5 release comes out :(.

Hey mate, thanks for the detailed reply. Sorry for the delay, I wanted to try my hand at Bedrock before replying.

Yes, you are 100% correct. I was able to import my Trophy World from Legacy to Bedrock but the game was abysmal - motion blur, lag, controls were funky, 80% of the items in my chests had disappeared - overall an infuriating, unplayable disaster. I was also unable to place Command Blocks with the glitch, so I had to write it off completely.

I tried Bedrock but....I mean, the game is technically extremely impressive. But my main criticism even of the Legacy Edition was that the game basically breaks all the rules of making a good open world game and doesn't sufficiently reward you for exploration (I think comparing the Legacy Edition with Skyrim is pretty fair in this regard, personally: I spent hours and hours unlocking all the map of that game but there was always something cool at the end of the journey). Bedrock is probably a million times worse because the maps are gigantic - all filled with basically nothing. Sure it looks very nice, but it's basically an interactive desktop wallpaper generator with blocks at this stage - thanks Microsoft!

So, I'm afraid I tried the Creative Mode glitch and then suddenly the game was ridiculously fun again. I had a great time building out another Trophy World, plus Chunckbase now works, so that's also very helpful. 

I still had to do a fair bit of reading and research to unlock all the trophies, and some of them are buggy ("Map Room" and "Smithing with style" pop when they feel like it, it seems). Plus I built everything out so my friends can hop on, so everything looks cool. The armour racks in the Egyptian Pyramid Temple (with a Beacon on top, of course) I made were unnecessary but man, that was fun to build. 😂 I enjoyed it very much (which is the point I suppose), and learned a lot of new stuff, so I have no regrets.

I think if you use the Creative Mode glitch to hand yourself every trophy using only Bedrock then you are robbing yourself of an amazing experience, since you can get Legacy second hand for about the same price as the digital version. But yes, the game has definitely lost its way in my opinion. You have to hope that the PS5 version still has the glitch/world import in or I think the game is DOA for trophy hunters, unless you want to play this game exclusively for months/years!

Anyway, I'll try and sort out the PS3/Vita versions of the guide with the Guide Team and go from there. Thanks once again for your help and advice.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1