Games that you can plat without using a guide for collectibles

As title says, i'm looking for platinums which does not require to you to use a guide to obtain those boring collectibles.

Of course, i'm not looking for Shovelware games. And having or not collectibles doesn't mean the game should be easy aswell.

What games do you recommend?

Mine's Battlefield Hardline. It has collectibles but you can find them by yourself with the camera thing.

Also Far Cry 3, there are maps that you can buy in the in-game store to help you to look for them by yourself.

• Like 1

I think all below are good games with or without collectibles but you don't need guide (at all) to plat them

All LEGO games

Batman arkham games

Bastion

Transistor 

Styx: Master of Shadows 

Apotheon 

The Deadly Tower of Monsters

Headlander 

Guacamelee!

Edited by WiktorM101

4 minutes ago, sharkyaya said:

Infamous: Second Son and Watch Dogs has all collectibles marked on the map.

I'm surprised of Watch Dogs since it's the Ubisoft's GTA, except that GTA has A LOT of collectibles. That's good news for me since i did the online trophies back in the day but it's on my backlog right now.

From the ones I have played I highly recommend the following:

• Spyro Trilogy: All gems can easily be found without watching a video/reading guides.
  • Mass Effect Trilogy: The collectibles are very few and from what I recall, you don't need to collect all of them in some of the games.
  • Marvel's Spiderman: All collectibles are on the in-game map
  • Ni no Kuni: Lovely game, no collectibles that need a guide, most of the game can be done on your own.
  • Borderlands 1 & 2: From what I remember it doesn't have collectibles.
  • The Walking Dead: Story game, no collectibles
  • Grim Fandango: Story game, no collectibles
  • Horizon Zero Dawn: You can find anything from the in-game map, didn't even need to use a guide
  • Assassin's Creed franchise: Most of the collectibles are in the in-game map
  • Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor: All collectibles are marked on the map
  • The Witness: Pure puzzle game, no collectibles
  • Bridge Constructor Portal: Pure puzzle game, no collectibles
  • Tails of Iron: It has collectibles, but you don't need a guide for them
  • This War of Mine: The Little Ones: No collectibles in the game

There may be more, but these are some that I didn't use a guide at least for the collectibles.

• Like 1

Days gone only asks you for 75% of collectables, which is perfectly doable

Infamous 2 eventually gives you a blast shard radar

Just now, ZOLANTON said:

Spyro Trilogy: All gems can easily be found without watching a video/reading guides.

Also you can press a button and Sparx will point to the nearest gems

Road 96 has one collectable on every stage, but it's very easy to find, and you have can miss them and still have enough time to get the rest of the game.

38 minutes ago, El-Sublime- said:

I'm surprised of Watch Dogs since it's the Ubisoft's GTA, except that GTA has A LOT of collectibles. That's good news for me since i did the online trophies back in the day but it's on my backlog right now.

Yeah, you just have to play the story up to a certain point to unlock certain side quests/collectibles. Then hack all the CTOS towers, marked red on the map then it’ll show you all the collectibles. Each type has their unique icon too. I did it recently and didn’t have any trouble apart from using video guides for a couple of puzzles. 

• Like 1