Mini Guide/FAQ

Another way to make more Valis is skipping very hard battles of whole story season 1 you already cleared,

converting those gold items can get you half a milion valis everyday.

Edited by Nelson_
  • Like 1

One question, is it better to manually upgrade the levels of characters or better to do it through matches?

NVM. Looks like it best to upgrade manually, otherwise you don't spend the Valis which is needed for the rarest trophy. 

Thanks for the guide.

Edited by Nutrageous69

2 hours ago, Nutrageous69 said:

One question, is it better to manually upgrade the levels of characters or better to do it through matches?

NVM. Looks like it best to upgrade manually, otherwise you don't spend the Valis which is needed for the rarest trophy. 

Thanks for the guide.

Bingo-Bango,

Also outside of level 1-20 the leveling is SLOW, so in order to get to the higher content faster its best to just spend the money to upgrade.

• Like 1

I want to point out, as far as I've seen, character skills cost 500k from 8 to 9 and then 1 million from 9 to 10. So if you upgrade all 4 skills of a character from 8 to 10, it will cost 6 million per character.

So you should need no more than 34 characters to get 200 million spent from the 2 level ups of each 4 skills alone. 

I would suggest focusing on Limit breaking characters to level 60 over more level 70s once you have a decent team of 70s.

As you need to Limit break into the level 60 cap to be able to buy skill level 10 for characters. And going beyond that costs 3 of the rare gem plus a rarer one. When it only costs 1 of the rare gems to reach the 60 level cap. 

At least primarily so you have a valis sink available and you're not waiting on stones to upgrade people.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2024 at 3:09 AM, Jarrod0306 said:

I want to point out, as far as I've seen, character skills cost 500k from 8 to 9 and then 1 million from 9 to 10. So if you upgrade all 4 skills of a character from 8 to 10, it will cost 6 million per character.

So you should need no more than 34 characters to get 200 million spent from the 2 level ups of each 4 skills alone. 

I would suggest focusing on Limit breaking characters to level 60 over more level 70s once you have a decent team of 70s.

As you need to Limit break into the level 60 cap to be able to buy skill level 10 for characters. And going beyond that costs 3 of the rare gem plus a rarer one. When it only costs 1 of the rare gems to reach the 60 level cap. 

At least primarily so you have a valis sink available and you're not waiting on stones to upgrade people.

Updated the guide a bit with this info and some other small changes including the discord closing.

Thanks for doing this calculation and the note on limit break 5 (i.e. level 60). Thanks!

• Like 2

One other thing, getting wins against bots in the magic scramble counts and so far it seems reliable to farm them, I haven't done too much testing because it's not working on my main account, I do technically have a work around but it's tedious and requires 2 Playstations or a boosting friend.  

The method is simple. Immediately swap to no cross-play and then search for magic scramble. 

If you are new/haven't got many points it seems to always (not confirmed) populate your queue with bots at about 30 seconds, you can still encounter players but it's uncommon. 

So when I tried this my account was like silver rank or maybe gold. And I queued up and it sat there for about 50 minutes without starting a match. In that time a random joined me as the queue went to 2 but they left after a period of time. 

While I was waiting I wanted to see how long it would take and also I was busy setting up my ps4 and downloading the game. I made an alt account and successfully searched and joined my own queue, I then tried rallying my brother to try and see if maybe it will start with bots at 3 players? I was trying to determine what the boosting numbers would need to be for it to work. I even queued up again and found my main account with the alt account within a minute and by 10 minutes I gave up on that idea because my brother wasn't around to try with 3 people.

I then wanted to know if the trophy would even pop from bots. So I loaded into scramble on the alt account and as stated, every queue filled with bots at the 30 second mark and after 10 wins I got the trophy. When you have crossplay turned off you earn no points so my alt account was still new and continued to get Bots every search. 

I then had the bright idea of starting the queue with my alt account and then searching with my main account, and it worked. I would join the queue, it would say 2 players, reach 30 seconds and then fill the rest with bots. I did this to get about 6~8 wins which got me the 10 wins trophy. But it is quite tedious and I'm hoping and planning to try it fresh on my main account when the scramble resets.

Which is when I should have more testing completed. 

But at least 20 or so rounds all with bots from my alt account is interesting to consider. 

Ohh and 1 last thing. Simply swap crossplay back on and then when you view magic scramble you can see how many wins you have. 

• Like 1

Just a heads up to everyone. This month 4/24-5/28 there is a special event going on called "Golden Week" & "Golden Time". It gives a TON of free Valis, Selas, and coins that can be turned in for more Valis. I was able to gain ~5mil valis for doing very little. If you take a little bit of time and/or have a decent time it is likely you'll be able to gain upwards of 25-50mil by the end of the event.

Also: 

16 hours ago, Jarrod0306 said:

One other thing, getting wins against bots in the magic scramble counts and so far it seems reliable to farm them, I haven't done too much testing because it's not working on my main account, I do technically have a work around but it's tedious and requires 2 Playstations or a boosting friend.......................................

I was pretty sure of this but hadn't gotten to test it. I was able to get a fairly good team and so could win about 1/3. I was able to get 100 after some serious grinding...This def is something that can be done if you have the friends/utilities. Pretty sure the minimum is 3 after a certain point but it may only be 2 for PS4/PS5 since it has such limited player base.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jarrod0306 said:

One other thing, getting wins against bots in the magic scramble counts and so far it seems reliable to farm them, I haven't done too much testing because it's not working on my main account, I do technically have a work around but it's tedious and requires 2 Playstations or a boosting friend.  

The method is simple. Immediately swap to no cross-play and then search for magic scramble. 

If you are new/haven't got many points it seems to always (not confirmed) populate your queue with bots at about 30 seconds, you can still encounter players but it's uncommon. 

So when I tried this my account was like silver rank or maybe gold. And I queued up and it sat there for about 50 minutes without starting a match. In that time a random joined me as the queue went to 2 but they left after a period of time. 

While I was waiting I wanted to see how long it would take and also I was busy setting up my ps4 and downloading the game. I made an alt account and successfully searched and joined my own queue, I then tried rallying my brother to try and see if maybe it will start with bots at 3 players? I was trying to determine what the boosting numbers would need to be for it to work. I even queued up again and found my main account with the alt account within a minute and by 10 minutes I gave up on that idea because my brother wasn't around to try with 3 people.

I then wanted to know if the trophy would even pop from bots. So I loaded into scramble on the alt account and as stated, every queue filled with bots at the 30 second mark and after 10 wins I got the trophy. When you have crossplay turned off you earn no points so my alt account was still new and continued to get Bots every search. 

I then had the bright idea of starting the queue with my alt account and then searching with my main account, and it worked. I would join the queue, it would say 2 players, reach 30 seconds and then fill the rest with bots. I did this to get about 6~8 wins which got me the 10 wins trophy. But it is quite tedious and I'm hoping and planning to try it fresh on my main account when the scramble resets.

Which is when I should have more testing completed. 

But at least 20 or so rounds all with bots from my alt account is interesting to consider. 

Ohh and 1 last thing. Simply swap crossplay back on and then when you view magic scramble you can see how many wins you have. 

So, if having cross-play off gets you no rank points, couldn't you boost the 100 wins at once with an alt and a new account/not high rank account for that season? Actually, you said your high rank main still joined the alt so...

14 minutes ago, Nameless600 said:

Just a heads up to everyone. This month 4/24-5/28 there is a special event going on called "Golden Week" & "Golden Time". It gives a TON of free Valis, Selas, and coins that can be turned in for more Valis. I was able to gain ~5mil valis for doing very little. If you take a little bit of time and/or have a decent time it is likely you'll be able to gain upwards of 25-50mil by the end of the event.

Wow, that's potentially 1/4th of the money needed. It seems this is a great time to start playing this. Also, the first anniversary of the game should be in July if I'm not mistaken, so that should also host many events and rewards I imagine.

12 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

So, if having cross-play off gets you no rank points, couldn't you boost the 100 wins at once with an alt and a new account/not high rank account for that season? Actually, you said your high rank main still joined the alt so...

Wow, that's potentially 1/4th of the money needed. It seems this is a great time to start playing this. Also, the first anniversary of the game should be in July if I'm not mistaken, so that should also host many events and rewards I imagine.

My theory is you don't need an alt if you're a new account and haven't got any points yet, as I was getting Bot Lobbies without any other players joining on my alt account. 

Otherwise you could boost it like I explained, but for me I want to wait until the season reset and see if that will let my main account be considered a "fresh" account that gets Bot Lobbies like the alt currently does since I'm assuming the rank is reset to 0 each season. 

• Like 1

Only if the host creating the room is low-ranked, the bot will gather in 30 seconds after the room is created (matching begins).

This is the same for both cross-off and cross-on.

If no one is in the matching, you can easily boost it by starting the matching with a low-ranked alt in the cross-off and then joining with your main account.

The bot is very weak and you can almost always win by just starting on auto.

When the new season comes, the ranks will not be completely reset, but only lowered by about 5-6 ranks.

In Japan, this time of year is called Golden Week. I believe a large amount of gold is rewarded as an event related to its calling.

Therefore, I don't think there will be an event where more money can be earned until next year.

And I don't think this game will last until next year.

Edited by syai0306
miss

28 minutes ago, tony_snake_24 said:

You don't think it'll last at least until 2nd anniversary? July 2025?

I think it will most def last until July 2025 however it will be on life support at that point. Which to be honest, for our purposes, doesn't really matter.

I think we will for SURE get a 1 year big event that will give us some great free items/free valis. I also am 90% sure the raid is on a pre-set timer, so each time it restarts you can trade in some "coins" you get that you can trade in for valis. So as long as the servers are online, even if not maintained were good.

Lastly, a lot of companies as they close down servers they give a month or two notice and start giving shit away like candy. An example of this is the gears of war mobile game. A buddy of mine spent over 250 hours playing and wasn't even half way to the final achievement, when they announced game server shutting down, they increased the amount of XP gained by like 10x, he gained the remainder of the achievements in no time. A last ditch effort to get a few extra bucks/ad revenue/let the long time players have fun if you will.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nameless600 said:

I think it will most def last until July 2025 however it will be on life support at that point. Which to be honest, for our purposes, doesn't really matter.

I think we will for SURE get a 1 year big event that will give us some great free items/free valis. I also am 90% sure the raid is on a pre-set timer, so each time it restarts you can trade in some "coins" you get that you can trade in for valis. So as long as the servers are online, even if not maintained were good.

Lastly, a lot of companies as they close down servers they give a month or two notice and start giving shit away like candy. An example of this is the gears of war mobile game. A buddy of mine spent over 250 hours playing and wasn't even half way to the final achievement, when they announced game server shutting down, they increased the amount of XP gained by like 10x, he gained the remainder of the achievements in no time. A last ditch effort to get a few extra bucks/ad revenue/let the long time players have fun if you will.

Nice. I think the best course of action would be to start it asap during this event, do all you can, and with this and the 1st anniversary this July you should be able to have at least half of the valis required. Then finish it off before the year ends to be on the safer side.

Yeah, that usually happens when a gacha/multiplayer game is shutting down soon.

P.S. There's a raid?

2 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

Nice. I think the best course of action would be to start it asap during this event, do all you can, and with this and the 1st anniversary this July you should be able to have at least half of the valis required. Then finish it off before the year ends to be on the safer side.

Yeah, that usually happens when a gacha/multiplayer game is shutting down soon.

P.S. There's a raid?

TBH "Raid" is a strong word. It is a 4 person battle against one of the bosses in the story (always the same, the giant naked AoT ripoff). As of right now, the hardest difficulty is 30K power, even if your below that, most people are 40-50K so they can carry and basically solo it.

Total time is about 1-2 minutes per round, you are given 3 tickets per day (on the normal 1 every 8 hours timer) and you can buy additional ones for 30 selas. Rewards are great up until you've done it about 25 times, then it drops off and give repeat crappy rewards.

Seems to be on a 1 week on 2 week off schedule (1 week to get rewards, 1 week for downtime)

• Like 1

On 4/12/2024 at 10:53 PM, Nameless600 said:

Valis Trophies

- there is only a certain amount of Valis you can get per day. Depending, that will range from ~50K-250K.

How exactly do you get these numbers?

On 4/12/2024 at 10:53 PM, Nameless600 said:

- There are a few strategies to gain money effectively, including repeating the rotating daily challenge when the reward is Valis (Note - this does require you to spend Selas), using all the various "event" tokens exclusively for Valis, & repeating Very Hard levels and selling the items obtain from them (Thanks to @Nelson_ for the last strategy). Its best to test what works best for you given time and money.

After trying out the game in an alt, and asking around, I want to clarify some things for other new players that may read this, as I was confused at first.

- The daily challenge is located at: Quest --> Daily Quest --> Upgrade Quest.

Repeating it costs 30 Selas, repeating it again asked for 50 Selas, so it seems the number will keep increasing the more you repeat it. You can repeat it up to a maximum of 10 times per day. The Daily Challenge can drop All-Encompasing Falnas, but it seems to be a REALLY rare drop. Even if you play on Very Hard difficulty.

- You can not exactly "sell" items. I play a gacha game called DBZ Dokkan Battle where you can both sell items and characters for Zeni (money equivalent to Valis) or exchange at the shop for points/other items. Me being a noob was looking for a "sell" option at the exchange shop and the regular shop. What you do is convert the items into valis by going to: Upgrade (to the left of Arena and Quest) --> R1 to Battle Items --> Convert (Convert SSR/Gold Battle Items from Very Hard Story Quests). It's basically selling, sorry if it's a nitpick, but what's important, I think, is telling people exactly where it is, and what to look for (Convert). It's also locked until you clear many story quests, which is why I missed it also, and a bit hidden.

- In order to repeat very hard stages you have to play many levels on normal, then on hard, and finally on very hard. And you have to be able to beat them, so the first step is getting good characters, or at least URs, start awakening them and leveling them up, and getting through the story, before you can actually begin farming very hard levels for items, and valis.

On 4/13/2024 at 9:06 AM, Nelson_ said:

Another way to make more Valis is skipping very hard battles of whole story season 1 you already cleared,

converting those gold items can get you half a milion valis everyday.

Originally I thought skipping would be auto-play through them, and was going to ask for an optimal/best stage, but no, you can actually completely skip the level and just consume stamina and tries and get the rewards without loading into the level or doing anything else. I was also told that all stages on very hard drop the same items, SSR/Gold items, so there is no best stage. Additionally, they have a limit of 1 skip per day, so it's a matter of having many stages cleared to skip them all everyday. Someone mentioned even doing Season 2 and 3 stages.

Currently, there is a x2 quest drops bonus. So rather than 500k a day, you should be able to get 1 million a day. I see 20 million up for exchange at the shop due to the current event, so I guess this is where the other 30 million from here come from? 

On 4/24/2024 at 8:03 PM, Nameless600 said:

Also, Artemis is unfortunately NOT on the regular UR gacha pool, but Ottarl is.

Finally, I'd like to share some resources I found that were useful to me as a new player:

https://game8-jp.translate.goog/danmachidanchro/521785?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB (The most important one. A Japanese site with tier lists for everything, with placement explanations. This one is really good. Check the many other guides it has)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg8ZX1-zBAA&ab_channel=Galeriot (Infinite Rerroll character guide, who you should get etc.) (Keep in mind the video is old and a top tier character, still to this day, has been added to it, Green/Wind Sword Princess Ais Wallenstein.) (Complement with https://game8-jp.translate.goog/danmachidanchro/521788?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-GB)

https://imgur.com/gallery/BnORMdI (A list of the available characters in the pool and their rates. You can't view it after you start summoning. It's old, but it has only changed in adding Sword Princess Ais Wallenstein to the pool. Same rate as the other URs and CAN appear in the 10th slot)

(It's important to note that you can't erase player data and start over on Playstation, unlike smartphones and PC, so it's important to make an informed decision and rerroll until you get a good starting summon. Try to aim for at least 3 URs, maybe 4, and: Red/Fire Hestia and Little Rookie Bell, Sword Princess Ais Wallenstein, Tiona, Tione, Gareth. Mainly Bell, Ais and Tiona as the game stands currently. Hestia is great but getting Assists seems way rarer than it should be, so pulling Hestia will be really hard. Whatever you do, get Ais, she's above S rank characters in the tier, belonging to an exclusive SS tier club, the best units in the game) (I pulled Tiona and Ais in the same multi but rerrolled because it was only 2 URs, not without thinking twice. In the end, I went with Ais, Rookie Bell, the best scene card in the game "Can't You?" and Ryu) (With the current campaign you also get a free multi for 10 days. Try to get many URs, so you can raise your total combat power faster, to be able to beat hard and very hard stages, to be able to farm valis earlier) (If you don't pull UR tanks before you challenge hard and very hard stages, SSRs Tiona and Daphne can get the job done, and are easier to get than URs)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvvIyPLbVbI&t=469s&ab_channel=Galeriot (The current new summonable character's ranking in the tier list plus a peek at an updated tier list) (28th April)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqsf34NpP1I&ab_channel=Galeriot (All the ways to upgrade everything, before ability board update)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsdUbWABT_M&ab_channel=Galeriot (Explaining Ability Board)

https://discord.gg/CY98TSAP (Official Discord for the game, JP and EN)

https://discord.gg/GCMhnsnD (The Youtuber from above, Galeriot's discord. Recommended to be in both) 

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, tony_snake_24 said:

How exactly do you get these numbers?

I updated them, that was honestly before I knew you could convert the extra items.

It's a basic estimate from how long you've played, the gacha's you got, and how much of your selas you're willing to spend on replaying levels.

Honestly, I think most people who don't have ottari, wedding bell, or artemis will struggle to complete even the first "season" on very hard, limiting the amount of money you can make. Now of course, if you're willing to spend money on selas, you could up that number significantly as you can replay a very hard level up to 10 times a day for 1K selas (meaning 500K on just one level) OR money on stamina boosters to play the hard versions of levels and/or grind normal scene cards to sell. But assuming you aren't, I'd be hard pressed to see anyone NOT during this event get more than 500K in a day between all levels.

Also @tony_snake_24 added your name to the thank you list for the resources you posted :).

Edited by Nameless600
  • Like 1

On 4/23/2024 at 10:30 PM, Jarrod0306 said:

Thank you so much for this suggestion. I started playing the game a bit after it started and to date I had only been able to get 9 Magic Scramble wins (the arena was not great but very double with patience over time normally) after trying every day multiple times and the queues were taking forever. I was fully expecting to have to play off and one for almost another year at that rate. By doing the crossplay thing at the beginning of the season your queue time is so much shorter and your almost 100% at a win. It still will take me a bit of time but now its just a normal grind I can do daily if I want while I work on the other trophies I have left.

Regarding Magic Stone Wins, I can confirm atleast as a new account you can just turn crossplay off to prevent ranking up and grind out 100 wins versus the bots, after a 30 second matching process, sometimes the search glitches out but you can just quit out and sometimes you can still match with someone and get destroyed, but it maybe happened 5 times the whole time. Ended up getting 100 Magic Stone wins the first day I started the game after about a 7 hour grind. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LloydBannings420 said:

Regarding Magic Stone Wins, I can confirm atleast as a new account you can just turn crossplay off to prevent ranking up and grind out 100 wins versus the bots, after a 30 second matching process, sometimes the search glitches out but you can just quit out and sometimes you can still match with someone and get destroyed, but it maybe happened 5 times the whole time. Ended up getting 100 Magic Stone wins the first day I started the game after about a 7 hour grind. 

Holy crude, added this to the guide, that's insanely easy

• Like 1

They added new missions this second week of the event and the total valis amount is almost 40 million. If they do this again for the remaining 3 weeks the total could be 50 or 60 millions+ from this event alone. I'm not sure how much is given out during other events.

I also just wanted to confirm that you don't need 2 level 50 scene cards if you're doing both versions. I leveled up the f2p scene card to 50 something and ran out of XP items, then leveled it up from 56 to 57 on the ps4 version and the trophy popped. It seems any level above 50 triggers it, not going from 49 to 50.