CelestialRequiem's Project Management Certfication

20 hours ago, ElfenLied2003 said:

oh man congrats on the 50th platinum friend looking good 

Thank you very much!

20 hours ago, Jeanolt said:

You have to make another difficulty scale for humans, like I played the demo once and it's tough lol

Congrats on the 50th platinum!

Back on the Wii U or on PS4? The game is pretty tough... it's got a lot going into it mechanically, and I don't even think infinite hours with a demo would be enough to grasp the game, lol.

Thank you, friend. :)

8 hours ago, jonesey46 said:

Man, this is such a good feeling! Replaying a great game with no overhanging goals, no guides to look at, no optimisations to work out, just play the game at your own pace and chill the F out.

Great review friend!

Oh man, it was great. And I'm sure I'll be returning to it soon, knowing I've done everything. I do want to get Pure Platinum in all operations on the hardest difficulty some day.

I really appreciate the kind words, man. :)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/6/2024 at 1:48 PM, CelestialRequiem said:

Once the platinum popped, the first thing that struck me was "I'm free to replay this game, with no trophy obligation."

So I did. I replayed Operation 101, without my bullshit, and had a blast. I feel great knowing that whenever I have the itch to play this immaculate game, there are no more trophies for me to earn.

Oh man, I feel this. I've had it both ways: one on hand, there are games I've replayed on Playstation that I originally played on Xbox because I wanted to get the achievements/trophies again. But I'm also currently playing FF7 Rebirth, and I'm almost done with all the minigames and keep thinking "man, I can't wait to replay this and enjoy the story without having to worry about some of these damn minigames" lol

Congrats on the trophy by the way! :D

Edited by ObsoleteWoman
  • Like 2

I'm a little behind on project closures right now, only because it is very unusual to earn multiple platinums for me in one day. I had started a bunch of games throughout the past 8 months and had the opportunity to close some out. I'll be posting them eventually, just going to space them out a bit as it's multiple reviews I need to write.

Plus I'm starting a new game today, which I'll post about later.

16 hours ago, ObsoleteWoman said:

Oh man, I feel this. I've had it both ways: one on hand, there are games I've replayed on Playstation that I originally played on Xbox because I wanted to get the achievements/trophies again. But I'm also currently playing FF7 Rebirth, and I'm almost done with all the minigames and keep thinking "man, I can't wait to replay this and enjoy the story without having to worry about some of these damn minigames" lol

Congrats on the trophy by the way! :D

Hey, friend -- great to see you here! I still think about how we knew each other from Discord not realizing we're both on PSNP, lol.

Yeah... that's definitely what I experienced here. Good luck with Rebirth! I've heard it's a nightmare.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Hey, friend -- great to see you here! I still think about how we knew each other from Discord not realizing we're both on PSNP, lol.

Yeah... that's definitely what I experienced here. Good luck with Rebirth! I've heard it's a nightmare.

I mostly just casually trophy hunt (trophy hunt but move on before getting the platinum and sometimes come back later lol) but I still enjoy this site even if I'm not a hardcore trophy hunter like you and others!

The weirdest coincidence was finding out that not only does Ruhyah live in my city, but now he attends the school I work at!

• Like 1

Good shit, my dude!

19 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

More specifically, I downloaded the demo on Xbox 360, and then pleaded with my dad to let me rent it from Blockbuster,

I'ma stop you right there and old man rant about how "these kids just don't know." We were both there though and already know all the words, so I'll stop typing and just say the rant out loud to spare anyone reading this the trouble.

Dude, now I wanna play it🤣🤣🤣

Did you ever see that movie Shoot Em Up? That clip reminds me of the levels of absurdity that one went to... dude literally delivers a baby and shoots the umbilical cord, like what the fuck😂

...And this is something I've talked about with my friend that I've always found amusing, and seems to be present in every super hero/comic book game. These basic enemies think they're going to be the ones to stop YOU? It's just such a hilarious concept to me. No doubt that these guys have heard that Wolverine butchered all of their friends and comrades. But yep, you'll stop him. For sure. Like the goons throughout the Spider-Man games. YOU'LL stop me? Right.

Hahaha yeah this has always been a good laugh - surely you'd think that the crumpled bodies of all your peers that you've presumably trained with for moments like these would be enough to make somebody like "Ayo I'm out." Sleeping Dogs aaalllmmoooost did this, with how enemies would stop in their tracks and wince when you'd snap somebody's arm or leg, but then they'd go right back into Nah, I Totally Got This mode.

1. Performance
    -This game is rough on PS3. Because it runs on Unreal Engine 3, you'll have a lot of screen-tearing, low FPS drops, and long loading times
  2. Duration
    -Many games could stand to be shorter, in my opinion. It's not about getting to as many games as I can, but refining what you have. Wolverine is almost 10 hours long, which is pretty incredible for a movie game, but unless your mechanics are deep enough to justify that sort of length (like The Wonderful 101), then this game could have definitely been more condensed
  3. Price of Entry
    -As everyone here probably knows, the retro game market is totally fucked. Completely molested by the worst possible people, shit that used to be accessible and cheap is now hard to come by. I paid $60 USD for my copy, when copies for the game are going for over $100 USD. Even with what I paid, it's still unacceptable -- and makes it hard to recommend the game.

Thank you, you're real af for adding this! A very sobering finish, reminding me that I have plenty of super hero gaming to tend to in my life😂

Again, great work!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

I'ma stop you right there and old man rant about how "these kids just don't know." We were both there though and already know all the words, so I'll stop typing and just say the rant out loud to spare anyone reading this the trouble.

Yeah man, honestly. This will be one of our first conversions to being a "boomer" to our future adolescents. Blockbuster was such a big part of American culture. For my family in particular, we'd always get one film that was for everyone to watch, one film for my folks, and one video game for me. This occurred nearly every Friday -- and was always so exciting. Before my relocation to Japan, I visited the last Blockbuster in Bend, Oregon. I know it's largely transformed since 2018, but it WAS the exact experience I remembered. Complete with your own membership card.

It's going to be a really sad day when that one closes its doors for good.

Dude, now I wanna play it🤣🤣🤣

Did you ever see that movie Shoot Em Up? That clip reminds me of the levels of absurdity that one went to... dude literally delivers a baby and shoots the umbilical cord, like what the fuck😂

"Eat your vegetables":

That movie was really insane. Again, another Blockbuster film my dad rented that I ended up watching. Hadn't thought about this film in so long -- but may need to rewatch it now. It's not even my kind of film, but I know I'm going to really dig its absurdity. I vaguely recall the scene you mentioned happening after this one, so I'm eager to see it for myself.

Hahaha yeah this has always been a good laugh - surely you'd think that the crumpled bodies of all your peers that you've presumably trained with for moments like these would be enough to make somebody like "Ayo I'm out." Sleeping Dogs aaalllmmoooost did this, with how enemies would stop in their tracks and wince when you'd snap somebody's arm or leg, but then they'd go right back into Nah, I Totally Got This mode.

Haven't played Sleeping Dogs yet, but did you play the True Crime series? I had a bunch of those as a kid -- and I know Sleeping Dogs sort of started from that series. Maybe I should give it a shot since I have great fondness for True Crime. That is hilarious, though -- all of these peons having delusions of grandeur, lmfao.

Thank you, you're real af for adding this! A very sobering finish, reminding me that I have plenty of super hero gaming to tend to in my life😂

Again, great work!

Of course! It's a flawed product, even if I think it's worth experiencing. However, we only have a finite amount of time. You can and will get better experiences than Wolverine that are also less expensive. If I hadn't already had rapport with the title, it's likely that I would have sort of shrugged it off.

Thank you so much, man. :)

• Like 3

Just chiming in to say, play Sleeping Dogs. I didn’t expect much from it when it came out in 2012 and my friend gave me his steam code he got with his graphics card, but it became one of my favorite games. Highly quotable, fun combat, great characters. Shame there will be no sequel ever.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

"Eat your vegetables":

That movie was really insane. Again, another Blockbuster film my dad rented that I ended up watching. Hadn't thought about this film in so long -- but may need to rewatch it now. It's not even my kind of film, but I know I'm going to really dig its absurdity. I vaguely recall the scene you mentioned happening after this one, so I'm eager to see it for myself.

Aaaaaahahahahahahaha🤣🤣🤣

I forgot, he had a thing for carrots. I remember him slipping one into a pistol's trigger guard and shooting people with it for whatever dumb reason... yeah I gotta slap that one on again😂😂😂

2 hours ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Haven't played Sleeping Dogs yet, but did you play the True Crime series? I had a bunch of those as a kid -- and I know Sleeping Dogs sort of started from that series. Maybe I should give it a shot since I have great fondness for True Crime. That is hilarious, though -- all of these peons having delusions of grandeur, lmfao.

I have not! I never did play a True Crime game, I just know that those serve as Sleeping Dogs' origin (as you mentioned). Dynasty Warriors has the same thing... "He killed 2,000 of our soldiers, and almost all of our generals!! I'll bet the three of us could take him thou-AAAUUUGGGHHH!!"

1 hour ago, DEI2EK said:

Just chiming in to say, play Sleeping Dogs. I didn’t expect much from it when it came out in 2012 and my friend gave me his steam code he got with his graphics card, but it became one of my favorite games. Highly quotable, fun combat, great characters. Shame there will be no sequel ever.

100% facts!

• Like 3