Gaming For The Animals 3: The Water Level [EVENT UNDERWAY]

13 hours ago, Hurricane_Tanya said:

I was going to skip this event this year (I’m in too many events), but it’s for a good cause and a few of the games I’ve got lined up for other events should count so I’m in again!

ps, does Rocket League count? There’s an arena that’s underwater. You can watch sharks swimming past you as you play

That seems like it'd be fine!

I'll use this comment to remind everyone that you need to show me the water level for a game to count! This can be pictures or videos, but this year you'll need proof :)

Well I guess I will post the first entry with Tomb Raider: Legend :D 

Lara-Croft-plat.jpg

Lara Croft is an adept swimmer and the best level to prover her water mastery is in Level 4 Ghana

Lara's famous swan dive:

Lara-Croft-Water-2.jpg

A few treasures to collect, because what's a Tomb Raider game without collectibles:

Lara-Croft-Water-3.jpg

Mandatory swim through an underwater tunnel:

Lara-Croft-Water-4.jpg

And finally, Lara showing her appreciation towards this level:

Lara-Croft-Water-1.jpg

There's lots of water puzzles later in the game, dragging plans, water wheels etc but I covered only the more interesting parts.

Finally, voting for the sea otter because it's too adorable!

• Like 4

Another game done for the lovely sea creatures, in this case the sea otter - Astro's Playroom.

This game features the beach level Bot Beach, where Astro can chill in the water.

436627674-962403642137471-86125083205923

Additional screenshot with Astro at the end of the Cooling Springs, "relaxing" on a fountain.

436715045-1098337934606094-6870901174083

As mentioned, my second vote also goes to the sea otter :D 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, princexedar said:

I'd like to claim Dave the Diver. Very obvious water game.

I don't wanna be the bearer of bad news but...

My big thing is that Dave the Diver and fishing games have a big focus on stuff that's harming the animals. I think this goes against the theme of the event, so those won't count. Mini games are just mini games, yes we're doing them for the plat but they aren't the biggest part of the game.

-MissShake on page 1

Edited by Breakingthegreen
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, princexedar said:

I'd like to claim Dave the Diver.

Please read the OP, the game can't just have a water level, it has to also not involve fishing in any form because the event is gaming FOR animals, not killing them. I know that fishing is a vital part of nutrition but the mod is adamant that any game involving hunting animals, even for food, is strictly banned from this event. :(

• Like 1

Hey so I am currently trying to speed through the Ape Escape trophies for another event and was wondering if I COULD use it? There is a ton of lakes or rivers in levels and while techincally you are not killing any monkies, you are having to knock them out and capture them. Just wanted to know before hand :)

5 minutes ago, Sylvanticore said:

Hey so I am currently trying to speed through the Ape Escape trophies for another event and was wondering if I COULD use it? There is a ton of lakes or rivers in levels and while techincally you are not killing any monkies, you are having to knock them out and capture them. Just wanted to know before hand :)

It's been used in previous years so it should be fine, just as long as you show me the water level!

• Like 1

Ladies, Gentlemen and all the Pandas of the world!

Welcome to Sylvanticore's tour of the world of Ape Escape!

Platinumed on 30th May 2024

1L56a2f3.png

This was a game I did not actually intend on playing for the event, yet but due to another event I take part in along with running out of time for this month I decided to get this done quickly.

Now why don't we start with a lovely shot from one of the training levels?

CJjgpDP.jpg

As you see there is clean water for you to dive in and capture those Apes that needed a good bath.

Next up a rather rainey day but we still have fresh water!

EdLnQvG.jpg

You don't wanna jump in this water, you'll turn into a pixalated mess!

Here are some more shots I got as many levels have rivers of large bodies of water!

PLWH7dZ.jpgwDcKq0J.jpg9fmy8kp.jpg

However not everything was nice, as shown here

l6AEgSS.jpg

Now as for my vote, I will be putting mine towards the Polar Bears, while I do love the cute Otters I have to stay true to my Bear brothers and sisters!

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

My third entry for this event is another Tomb Raider game, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris.

This game features a Water Level temple in The Temple of Sobek (Sobek being also known as the God of the River Nile, so it fits). This subtemple is called Tomb of the Ferryman.

In this level you have to swim, solve various puzzles and avoid several environmental hazards. Lara can't submerge in this game, but she can swim no problem.

Lara-swim-1.jpg

Lara swimming towards puzzle 1

Lara-swim-2.jpg

Lara swimming towards puzzle 2 (also being slightly bored by puzzle 2)

Lara-swim-3.jpg

Lara swimming away from puzzle 3 (Sobek is somewhere in the distance) 

Mandatory waterfall

The third and final vote also goes towards the sea otter:D Will see if I find other games to add for other animals later on!

Edited by Copanele
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Breakingthegreen said:

Howdy Y'all!

I managed to complete a game, and it's Dodgeball Academia. As you can see by the picture below, the academia is situated on a lake? or coastal? honestly I wasn't sure because the map in game doesn't make it clear.

Currently working on the same game and also considering it for an entry on this event. Been liking it so far, but as you say the gameplay turns out to be a bit repetitive, focused mainly on dodgeball matches.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Okay, finally got my first game for the event some time late. <_<

My first entry is Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm. Since I already got the plat for the original Oceanhorn(both versions!), I decided to do this one since it was also on my Summer Backlog. As for water levels...

Oceanhorn%202_%20Knights%20of%20the%20Lo

Well, the whole dang world is 80% water! It's called Oceanhorn, not Deserthorn. :lol:

I hope this image of Trin summoning the titular living weapon of the title is proof enough.

Okay, there is a part of the game where you help Gillfolk(which are like Zora, but then again, this game is a polite rip-off of Breath of the Wild :D) kill a turtle which invaded their tower. You get a diving helmet to dive underwater and explore those dungeons which can only be accessed from underwater.

Oceahorn_2_knights_lost_realm_guide_Andr

As for my vote, I am voting for the orca whale as I fondly recall Shamu when I was a teenager. Sadly, Sea World is now pretty much a cash-grab. (Tried to land a job there, the heat did not agree with me. 😛)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO1bcXfAXHTO3wDtJ9X3s

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Like 4

I hope that this news isn't too upsetting for people, but I've just learned that the oldest otter in captivity has recently passed away (news source

A day in the life of Rosa the sea otter - YouTube

The otter in question is Rosa and she has helped raise 15 orphaned pups during her time in Monterey Bay Aquarium. She was so familiar with humans as a pup, they couldn't release her into the wild (because she would just approach all the humans) and has lived in captivity most of her life. She has had her most recent popularity on her Birthdays though, where a popular streamer has raised money for the aquarium she lives at, in fact they rasied $300,000 on her 24th birthday last year. If anyone is in a giving mood, you can donate to the aquarium too.

• Like 1

Just noticed the world ocean day is tomorrow so I could have gotten an extra vote if I had waited to platinum the game for tomorrow, oh well. 

I just platinumed The Talos Principle. If you like the Portal games then I would say it's pretty likely you would also enjoy this too. There is actually even a trailer for the sequel that has GLaDOS in it:

Spoiler

The game has a nice amount of water in it, but it's not used in any of the puzzles. I did manage to get some nice pictures I think.

JMvxhYP.jpg

vLj7xyt.jpg

DCjFUH0.jpg

cfTRwXp.jpg

pKgjy8Z.jpg

sAyosRo.jpg

My vote goes for the eel.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have a definite entry and two maybes to add to the list.

First up I did the Baby Shark game. This was pretty bad lol. Not because it's a kids game or anything, just because it is the same two unfun minigames the entire time - a terrible rhythm game and an endless runner - with absolutely nothing else to the game. Anyway, it is a cartoon set fully underwater so should qualify if something like Spongebob does.

The second one is Summer Challenge. There are two different swimming levels in the game where you compete against other players to record the fastest time. There's also a level where you perform a diving routine into a pool. I'm not completely sure it counts but it does at least meet the criteria of being a prominent part of the level and being a body of water that you can in fact swim in.

If Summer Challenge counts, it is actually eligible for double points as it was completed on 8 June.

Finally, I finished Hitman 2016. I'm mostly working off of the concept of just being by a beach here, as it is quite a prominent part of a couple levels. Firstly is Sapienza and its DLC companion level Landslide. This is set in an absolutely beautiful Italian town with a prominent beach. The map is so big that the beach area is only part of the level but it does feature in some of the scripted assassinations you can do, like this one. Secondly you can see a large body of water in the Bangkok level, though it is more incidental and you are not in this area very much, except that you can use a boat as your getaway vehicle.

As for my vote(s), I'll go with the giant pacific octopus.

Edited by VersusCA