DualSense Edge - bigger Battery?

Solid-Fisch

I bought myself the Dualsense Edge a few months ago and it has one big issue: battery life. Mostly after 4 hours the battery is dead. I've been searching for replacement options but wasn't lucky so far. Unlike the battery for the normal Dualsense the battery of the Dualsense Edge is slightly smaller, so the known options that work for the DualSense do not fit for DualSense Edge. If anyone has a solution, let me know.

Buy a long ass cable.

Might not be the sexiest solution, but I own a 5 meter USB-C cable and it literally solved all my issues with battery life.

[insert joke for US units here]

Edited by Paleblood

You could always buy another Dualsense Edge so you can switch to a backup controller when the first one runs out of charge. Even smoother with a nice charging cradle. Also nothing says you've made it in life like a backup $200 controller, so it's a great option in terms of decorating your gaming environment.

A slightly cheaper solution would be the charging cable suggested above.

If the above option poses issues in terms of portability, one could always attach a powerbank to the controller with some good old duct tape and a short cable. Somewhat cumbersome — but most definitely wireless and portable.

Then of course there's the option where you take breaks every now and then and go for a walk for example. Not only does this give you the time to charge the controller while not playing a game, exercise has immense benefits for both mental and physical health — as well as gaming performance.

TLDR: IDK lol ( I have no solutions, just free time and a terrible sense of humour)

Edited by IDiivil
  • Haha 3

Going with a replacement this early on in it's charge cycle probably isn't going to get you what you're looking for, considering any no-brand 3rd party direct replacements are shady enough as it is. 

For $20, you can either get a direct attachment battery extender that plugs into the charging port on the bottom of the controller, or an external power bank that you run a short cord next to you and play while it's attached.

The battery in the Edge is only 2/3 the size of the battery in the DualSence. 4-ish hours is about what you're going to get for any battery that's going to fit in that cavity.

• Like 1