Deleting trophies before it syncs

CRUX19

Just confirming, I tried out a game by staying offline and couple of trophies already unlocked. I have not reconnected back online, would deleting that profile off the console also be deleting those said trophies, preventing it from syncing up?

I tried searching this up but all results were trophies already synced up online.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if you're planning on deleting the whole profile, wouldn't that mean it's an alternative account anyway?  In which case it wouldn't matter if you have trophies added for a game you don't intend to continue with?  

2 minutes ago, PondNewt said:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but if you're planning on deleting the whole profile, wouldn't that mean it's an alternative account anyway?  In which case it wouldn't matter if you have trophies added for a game you don't intend to continue with?  

That's only half of it. The account would be added back on without the trophies if it was their main. So much easier to just use an alt profile to begin with. 

10 minutes ago, PondNewt said:

I didn’t play on an alt, I thought I’d like it but so i played on my main but thankfully decided to be safe and stayed offline

I've just flat out reset the PS5 to factory settings a few times after testing a game offline and figuring out I'd rather do the trophies another time after popping a trophy.

Actually a pretty fast process. The system resets to factory settings in like 2mins, then you boot up, scan a QR code via the PS app and you're pretty much back in business. Of course all data stored on the device will be lost, which is usually not a problem for me as I tend to have a fast connection.

• Haha 1