Beast's Fury Discussion & Impressions Thread

What do you think about the upcoming game for PC Beast's Fury? I personally think that it could potentially become one of the best fighting games on PC. The art style looks a lot like Skullgirls and that already is a + in my book. The game will also feature Fatality-like moves which look pretty sick. I will post a link to the Kickstarter down below. Don't forget to visit their Youtube Channel: BeastsFuryGame for lots of other videos on the game.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beastsfurygame/keep-beasts-fury-going

Edited by Shin

Hmmm... I don't know, it looks alright. Can't say too much from the video, I hope it won't end up looking like those Flash animations from the video.

It should bring something new, other than "let's use animals as our characters!" otherwise it just looks like another SF clone. We have plenty of good fighting series as it is, and if they don't bring anything really innovative, I don't see it having much of a chance.

Looking at the kickstarter I don't have very high hopes in that regard:

Combo Links and Attack Strings;

What fighting game doesn't have that nowadays?

Dynamic Wall and Ceiling Combos;

This might be interesting, but to me it just looks like a Ultra combo/Astral Finish with props from the stage.

Unique Mechanics Per Character;

Same as the combo links...

Adrenaline and Fury;

Again, everyone does that...

Ultimate Finisher;

Yeah... I'm starting to repeat myself...

All and all, I'm not impressed so far, maybe they have some more good ideas, but so far it looks like a generic 2d fighting game.

The idea is kinda cool, it reminds me of old playstation game i used to enjoy called Bloody Roars.  But hopefully they could add more detail to the art style.

What can you do now that hasn't already been done.. it's impossible. 

I don't believe a game developer can't come up with new ideas. And if it somehow they can't then they have to ask themselves if they're content by just ripping of another game.

Sure some people will be interested in it and buy it (or fund it) but in the end it's just a knockoff when they don't bring something new or do the same thing with a twist.

It's like buying an iPed when there's an iPad... sure it's a hell of a lot cheaper, but that doesn't make it good.

500x_comparison.jpg

Don't get me wrong, if they have good mechanics and some interesting game modes, I'm definetly up for giving it a shot, but with the information presented now, I'd never invest in it.

Edited by Ric_373

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Looks like the game is not happening. Not surprising.

https://www.facebook.com/BeastsFuryGame

<video snip>

GG.

I can't believe I never saw this thread before. But I've actually talked to the guy who was making the game several times in a Twitch chat. I'm also not surprised it fell through since he seemed to always be having problems with it. Namely sponsorship issues, and how (as he claimed) some of his dev team went AWOL or were quitting for some reason. This video definitely sheds more light on the whole situation more, especially the end with SorcererLance with how he kept pushing for really high standards. I know the guy wanted to make like an SNK styled game, and from the demo it actually looked really promising but whatever was happening behind the scenes and all the issues going on that wasn't going to happen.

I think what really gets me is the voice actor part. I think it's safe to say him personally knowing actors like Tara Strong is bullshit, especially since I don't recall him ever saying anything like that, and nobody else in the chat mentioned it. But that he also lied about it to someone else that volunteered also really gets me. I do know he had Egoraptor (that I'm certain since I recall Ego Tweeting it at some point) and another guy that wasn't a voice actor at all on board to voice Don Shark, but that's nowhere near Tara Strong. And even if he did there's no way he was going to afford them with the budget he had. But finding out he also threatened the guy and did all shifty stuff makes me feel conflicted, since he actually seemed like a nice guy just trying to get his dream out.

I really don't want to think he just shut down everything and ran off with the money but I guess anything's possible now.