Minecraft PS4 - 100% Completion still possible?

Hello fellow trophy hunters!

As the title states, is it still possible to 100% Minecraft on the PS4? I ask because I have seen threads such as "needing bedrock edition" or "you have to revert to old patches". If anyone knows details about this or if the above mentioned are true, I would greatly appreciate any information!

39 minutes ago, Skills_Keyblade said:

Hello fellow trophy hunters!

As the title states, is it still possible to 100% Minecraft on the PS4? I ask because I have seen threads such as "needing bedrock edition" or "you have to revert to old patches". If anyone knows details about this or if the above mentioned are true, I would greatly appreciate any information!

It's possible but you do need to have the very first version of Minecraft if physical not sure how the digital would work I recently did it myself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

It's possible but you do need to have the very first version of Minecraft if physical not sure how the digital would work I recently did it myself 

I dont know how it works to be honest

i have a digital copy and it has the edition button tab

whereas some people also have it digital and do not

my guess is you need a digital copy of the game when it was still considered ‘the console version’ before they adapted to being a bedrock version, idk

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Property_Damage said:

I dont know how it works to be honest

i have a digital copy and it has the edition button tab

whereas some people also have it digital and do not

my guess is you need a digital copy of the game when it was still considered ‘the console version’ before they adapted to being a bedrock version, idk

Yes that is correct if you have a digital version that was purchased before the bedrock version and it has the edition button then your good to go if you bought it after the change then you gave bedrock and it won't work I'm not sure if Charles would even work if it's a completely different program than the original 

• Like 1

The editions tab is the only thing going to hold new players back

im not sure how they would even get it

i for the life of me cant even invite players to my survival world where at one point i made it to be a platinum trophy world for anyone looking to get the base game trophies with the platinum with realitive ease

all my multiplayer settings are turned on, ill be signed into psn and my microsoft account and all my player invites arent joinable

its amazing how many versions of minecraft there is and how each one is broken in there own way

console edition, pocket edition, bedrock edition, java etc

i love this game but i would literally advise new players to not even bother, unless you dont care about trophies

personally speaking, dlc never really bothered me, wether i had it or not, finished it or not but this dlc is free and comes pre installed with the latest patches, so i understand players wanting to finish it

but in regards for someone looking to 100% it

i THINK its doable least it Should be but idk

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The MP trophies are the problem, because for many people the Editions Button is missing due to a douchebag/dick move by the devs about 6years ago but there many workarounds for this issue, including using a Japanese copy of the game since that release didn't get the lockout patch the rest of the world did :).

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you all for your responses, I appreciate the insight and now feel I have a better understanding.

Sounds like its still possible, but requires a fair bit of "modifications" to get the full 100% I also didn't realise their was multiplayer trophies for Minecraft so thank you for mentioning this!

I was really hoping to just get immersed in the game for this one and unlock trophies as I went, but Im getting the vibe its gonna be more of a chore then anything with getting all the "editions". I will unfortunately pass as my OCD is too obsessed with 100% completion sadly. 

Edited by Skills_Keyblade

20 minutes ago, Skills_Keyblade said:

Thank you all for your responses, I appreciate the insight and now feel I have a better understanding.

Sounds like its still possible, but requires a fair bit of "modifications" to get the full 100% I also didn't realise their was multiplayer trophies for Minecraft so thank you for mentioning this!

I was really hoping to just get immersed in the game for this one and unlock trophies as I went, but Im getting the vibe its gonna be more of a chore then anything with getting all the "editions". I will unfortunately pass as my OCD is too obsessed with 100% completion sadly. 

Actually aside from the handful of multiplayer ones from the og version you can just jump into a trophy world and go down the list popping trophies altogether only maybe 3 hours aside from the one that requires you to spend x number if in-game says in a world which takes a think just over 24 hours?

so let me get this right. I have all the multiplayer trophies, just missing some for plat and all of the dlc trophies. i got them almost 9 years ago. Its been that long since i played minecraft pretty much and i have the digital. (don't remember if its the editions or not) some of the trophies say (editions only) others (bedrock only) am i possibly screwed without a work around?

12 minutes ago, funboy1246 said:

so let me get this right. I have all the multiplayer trophies, just missing some for plat and all of the dlc trophies. i got them almost 9 years ago. Its been that long since i played minecraft pretty much and i have the digital. (don't remember if its the editions or not) some of the trophies say (editions only) others (bedrock only) am i possibly screwed without a work around?

The only trophies you need to worry about are the MP ones, all the others are still 100% obtainable, it's just that the Editions Tutorial World makes a lot of them a walk in the park to get. All the Editions trophies (minus the MP ones) can be earned in Bedrock created worlds but Bedrock specific trophies can't be created in worlds made in the Editions version of the game. Also note that the Bedrock Edition is the only edition of the game you can currently buy but provided you don't have the glitch that locks out the Editions button, you can access the Editions (AKA Legacy) Edition of the game inside the Bedrock Edition.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.