Trophy List you didn't like.

snakebit10

An idea i have had on my mind for a couple days.

Name a game you either have a plat in or 100% in That you didn't like the trophy list but did it anyways.

One that comes to my mind is Battle: Los Angeles.

Not that it was a hard list. Incredibly easy actually.

Didn't like the trophy list because it requires you to play through 3 times because difficulty dosn't stack. the game isn't good enough to play through 3 times.

1Lc6741c.png

#131-Fairytale Fights

So almost 4 years ago to the day (I miss the 4 year mark by 2 days :shakefist: ) I earned my first trophy for this game. I saw it on Kijiji for 5$ and looked at the trailer and it looked like a clever little beat 'em up so I decided "what the hell" and picked it up. I beat it for the first time in a couple of days and then decided to wait 2 years to play it again and then waited another 2 years to finish it Why did I finish it? Because I don't let crappy games beat me :angry: . Now let me tell you a Tale of horror :(

This game is bad, in fact I would go so far as to say this is the worst game I have ever played (at least the worst game on PS3). It has beat out Tony Hawk Ride, Kung Fu Panda 2 and We Dare. Simply put it is BORING, it is repetitive, the trophies are stupid, it is repetitive, the controls are broken and it is repetitive. Allow me to go through the trophies in detail as to fully explain why this game just SUCKS.

Difficulty doesn't stack and Awful controls

Did I mention this game is repetitive :| So this game is probably the most bland game I have ever played. There is only one attack and that is done by pressing the Right Stick in any dirrection. There is no dodge or block button so on the harder difficulties you just get bum-rushed by enemies and have no way of defending yourself. There was a particular spot where there was a river you had to jump, on the other side of the river were two archers who just kept shooting you (there is no reload time) and every time they hit you you would fall in the river. The only way to get past was if you still had a weapon you could try throwing it or to jump far enough that you respawn on the other side. Another spot where there would be 6-8 knights all rushing you with archers in hard to reach spots taking pot-shots at you. All that would happen is you would die and hope that your respawn would stun enemies long enough to get a couple of shots on them (there is no recovery time either so once you get hit you get stuck in a damage loop).

The game also plays like you are on a skating rink. It is very hard to walk normally so you end up missing gold and jewels you were trying to pick up or you perform a jump and just slide right off the platform you are standing on. Attacking launches you forward so if you are not careful you will be attacking an enemy and go flying off a cliff or stop attacking him because you have gone to the side and are now attacking a wall.

So all of that sucks but even if you beat it on Hard you still have to beat it on Easy and Medium...but then you have to also beat it on Easy/Medium/Hard in Co-Op as well. That is 6 playthroughs of this boring game. Also for Co-OP you can play by yourself and just add the second player in at the end so it really just makes you play through each difficulty twice for no reason.

Statue Upgrades

Fine you have to play through 6 times but at least that will help work towards earning enough money to build the statue...except it doesn't. One I had beat the game 6 times I still had to grind out over 3 million in gold. The best level you can do is Chapter 9 which takes 15 minutes to beat and that only gives you 300,000 gold. So you need to grind that level 10-12 times to earn enough to buy the stupid statue

Arena Battles

Believe it or not but this game has multiplayer...you need to do 100 arena battles to get the trophy. 100 matches is a lot in good games, now imagine doing that in a piece of shit game :). Luckily this is offline multiplayer so it can be boosted quickly with a second controller but that just makes it even more pointless. I've always said make your requirements for multiplayer low. If people like it they will keep playing it and if people don't like it then they aren't pissed off.

Pointless Trophies

Slide around in blood for 3 minutes (mess up at all and have to start over), Stand still for 15 minutes in the hub world, Randomly receive a trophy from a random wishing well, Drink 1000 potions (this took more than my 6 playthroughs as well) and so many more.

Collectables + Checklists

So you have to also use one of every weapon (161 in the game), open all chests (close to 400) and get an A in all levels. The thing is you have NO IDEA which ones you have done because it doesn't keep track. It also doesn't keep track which levels you have beaten on what difficulty. The fun thing as well is, if you know it is Chapter 10 you missed a chest on you have to collect every chest again in that level and not just the one you missed. There is also one chest/weapon you have to die in a specific spot to respawn in another part of the world. How you were supposed to figure that out is beyond me.

I could keep going with how crap this game is but I am done. I am done playing crappy games for awhile and am glad that this game is finally out of my backlog.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME

Lone Survivor. Trophies aren't that difficult at all, but it was a bit ridiculous. 

The game requires a minimum of five playthroughs, but I had to play through it seven times. It was my fault both times I messed up, but I didn't mess up until the end both times due to a poor inventory system. When you hover over an item, it automatically has the first action you'd do if you pressed X as "eat." So as I was scrolling through, I'd eat a tin of cat food or something like a burger that I'd need for a later trophy by accident. Again, was totally my fault, but the inventory system was horrible.

I'd definitely recommend getting the plat if you have the game already, but I'd definitely not recommend buying it.

There's no one trophy list that I absolutely hated so I'll just list traits that irritate me. Locked difficulties and non stacking difficulties/modes.

Skylanders swap force takes a minimum of 4 playthroughs since nightmare is locked from the start and you have to do score and time attack levels. The bad thing is that to ensure you get a high enough score for score attack mode you basically set the difficulty to nightmare for that playthrough, but it doesn't count it for the difficulty trophies.

Flip side: best trophy list - dishonored. Half the trophies on the high chaos/no magic playthrough, all the others on the ghost playthrough.

• 8 years later...