Another World (1991 remastered) out next week, should I be excited?

StrickenBiged

So, the apparently "cult classic" game Another World is out next week, cross buy, cross save and cross trophies for all PS platforms.

I have heard about this game for years now, but am yet to have a go. This re-re-(re?) release may be the perfect opportunity to finally play it, apparently with the best visuals yet for this game.

However, I simply don't know enough about the game to make my mind up. People keep telling me it's amazing, or that it's a classic, but without ever pinning down why they say these things about it.

So, what kind of game is it? Screens make it look kind of point-and-click adventurey to me... is that true?

What's the story about? How long is it? Is it a relaxing-break type of game, or will I need to be "switched on" and engaged when I play?

Any other comments?

Thanks all.

I played this on the SNES when it was called Out of This World. Back then it was being held up as an example of a movie you could play and the gameplay was being compared to Prince of Persia (not the modern 3D reboots by Ubisoft, the 1989 original by Jordan Mechner). The closest thing I could compare it to that's out now is Limbo, where you have to figure out how to proceed through the level without dying. There's no text to read, no hints, you'll die in one hit from anything, and nobody you meet speaks your language. 

Always preferred Flashback to Another World on my mega drive.

Both similar in terms of style and were great back in the day.

If I'm honest there are many other titles from that era that could do with the HD treatment before I would choose Another World, not that it's a bad game, it's very good, but I would rather a HD version of Zombies ate my neighbours, Cannon Fodder, Earthworm Jim 2 or Sunset Riders for my VITA instead.

Hope the price is low as the game isn't too long.