Wait. There's A Female Assassin In Sunset Overdrive?

Lady Lilith

776544616929723204.png
EXPAND

The makers of Sunset Overdive are proud that you'll be able to make playable characters of different genders and ethnicities. So, of course, they decided to have some fun at the expense ofAssassin's Creed.

Now, you won't hear the word Assassin or any mention of Ubisoft's hit period-piece action series in the latest promo clip for Insomniac Games' upcoming Xbox exclusive. But, with the recent drama surrounding the decision to nix playable female characters from this fall's upcoming Assassin's Creed Unity still fresh on people's minds, there's no mistaking who Insomniac are taking a jab at

dz2om2kpfihsf6re6m1b.jpg
Ubisoft Cut Plans For Female Assassins In Unity (UPDATE)

The next big Assassin's Creed game and the first to appear exclusively on next-generation…Read more

This glimpse at Sunset Overdrive's 'assassin' is very quick, making it tough to discern whether this is an actual outfit in the game or just a bunch of wardrobe choices that approximates the hooded look of Ubisoft's stealthy protagonists. We've asked Insomniac for comment and will update this post if they reply.

Two genders?! Gender neutral clothing?!?

This must have cost Insomniac BILLIONS OF DOLLARS!!! They must have 1000 people working no those assets! This is true next-gen management!

776557185839624851.gif

Haha! Nice job, Insomniac! You must've worked years on that!

Joking aside though, it baffles me why there are no female Assassins in AC Unity. From what I heard from UbiSoft so far, All I see is them saying "Yeah we're totally half assing this and we can get away with it because it's A$$a$$in'$ Creed."

• Like 1

MAYBE THE FEMINISTS WILL FINALLY STOP FUCKING CRYING ABOUT HOW SEXIST THE INDUSTRY IS!!! ;D..

I doubt it. 

I was under the impression that you could make your own character in sunset anyways, I just assumed it included females. 

I'm sure Insomniac will be sued by ubisoft over this, no doubt they'll say, hey um, we patented hoods, you can't use hoods.. especially baggy white ones. Take that white baggy hood away.  :shakefist:

Too bad it's an xbone exclusive, never mind.

• Like 1

Meh, bit of a cheap shot by Insomniac. Also, Ubisoft should have never even made the comment that started the whole 'why are there no lady assassin's in Unity' explosion.

Unity isn't a sequel. I literally don't care if i'm playing a male or female assassin. I just want to enjoy the game.

I'm sure when an actual true AC sequel comes out they will learn to appease everyone by putting in a female assassin too. Roll on AC5.

• Like 4

Haha! Nice job, Insomniac! You must've worked years on that!

Joking aside though, it baffles me why there are no female Assassins in AC Unity. From what I heard from UbiSoft so far, All I see is them saying "Yeah we're totally half assing this and we can get away with it because it's A$$a$$in'$ Creed."

The reason there is no female assassins is because the other people you play online with will be different versions of the main character. You will always be playing as the main character.