Rate of level up =/= available weapons

effdeegee

Has anyone else noticed that the level of enemies you're forced to fight and weapons you're rewarded with are always a few levels ahead of you?

It's kind of frustrating when, even though you have the best available weapons for your current xp level, the enemies you're forced to face in every mission always seem to have so much health and power and seem to be unaffected by your entire arsenal. Then, after you finally lay the smack down by exhausting every bullet you own, all of the rewards you're given are almost worthless because not only are they 3 or 4 levels higher than your current level but, you have to sell them anyways just to refill your ammo supply.

I've been playing the game "normally", (playing the missions in order, not skipping anything, some co-op, few side missions sprinkled in, buying upgrades, dying regularly, etc) so, I'm getting the impression that this is how the game was made to be played. Just seems odd that, even though I'm only a dozen or so missions into this game, I feel utterly exhausted after every fight because the level up system for my character and weapons are visibly out of sync with the difficulty and rewards of each enemy/mission.

Has anyone else noticed this? Any suggestions on how to level it out? I don't feel like farming skags for hours just so I can equip a damn shield and I certainly don't feel like carrying a bunch of guns around for several days, taking up 4-5 of my 15 valuable backpack slots, while I wait to level up several times. I need those slots for carrying a gagillion med kits because my weapons/shield seem to be crap against these difficult waves of enemies.

Vicious cycle is vicious. :|

I never had that problem with Borderlands or Borderlands 2, because I always did all of the side quests. I was usually overleveled actually. The games just aren't meant to be just plowed through the main story like you're doing. It's meant to be more leisurely. They want you to do the side quests and/or play with friends for a bit.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips guys. The next time I turn on the game, I'll take a peek and see if I can't make a decent jump with whatever side missions are left to do. I'm thinking I certainly don't want to be underprepared when I go to fight Sledge. Word on the street is, he's a bit of a badass. :D

Has anyone else noticed that the level of enemies you're forced to fight and weapons you're rewarded with are always a few levels ahead of you?

Nope. :b

I always did all side missions available before moving on to the next main story mission. There will sometimes be a side mission where you have to kill a boss whose level is over 9000 above yours, skip those and move on to the story mission to unlock more side missions and so on... and on...

Listen dude, if you want an invincible shield to make your game a whole lot easier (frustrating at times) just msg me on psn, link up with F/R, then jump in game and be prepared to be amazed, you'll level up super quick if we play together a bit (level 69). i leave the decision up to you, have a good one bud

So yeah, doing the side missions is a pretty good way to level up. I just finished doing like 5 or 6 and I'm already a couple of levels higher and have found some pretty badass weapons in crates I pass along the way. Now, whenever I'm to do a mission, I basically walk into it and wipe the entire room in a few minutes. :awesome:

• Like 1