Why do you collect trophies?

Edddyy

Plus, as it's been mentioned in other threads, DLC don't apply to platinum trophies... but the Xbox 360 Achievement system doesn't have any kind of platinum trophy. So you're just stuck with a lowered percent when DLC come out rather than having a nice platinum trophy to show off still. ;)

There is a lot that I don't like about the X-Box, much more than just their trophy/achievement system. That's why I don't have one. I've found their systems to be inferior in just about all regards, IMO.

But everybody's likes are different and competition breeds innovation. If there was only 1 "new" generation machine, the PS3 wouldn't be as good, as it wouldn't have to be. In fact, we might all still be playing on PS2's.

Plus, as it's been mentioned in other threads, DLC don't apply to platinum trophies... but the Xbox 360 Achievement system doesn't have any kind of platinum trophy. So you're just stuck with a lowered percent when DLC come out rather than having a nice platinum trophy to show off still. ;)

They actually do have a spot to list games that you complete. It might not be as cool as a platinum trophy, but it is still there.

The reason i play for trophies is so that after i complete the main storyline of any game, i know i still have goals to shoot for so i'll replay it to get everything from the game that i can, makes me feel like i've got my money's worth, i also like to compare with friends, and show a few people just because a gamer is female doesn't mean she can't achieve them (yes those ignorant people are out there *cries*), plus some trophies are pretty/cute *girly moment* :awesome: Although i'd never buy a game i don't think i'd like just for the trophies, nor would i continue to play a game if i'm not enjoying it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Because it looks cool on the tallied stats and the noobs go

"WWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW, ZOMSH PLZ ADD MEU GT SO MANY TRPHY!!!!" :D

In all seriousness, because the stats are like bragging rights and because some people want to move up the leaderboard or trophy levels really quick.

In all seriousness, because the stats are like bragging rights and because some people want to move up the leaderboard or trophy levels really quick.

Maybe that's the case for the top, top guys on the leaderboard... like that duck360 character that is notoriously known to just be doing it for leaderboard/Guiness Book of World Record purposes. But do the vast majority that don't fall into that "dedicate your life to it" category really care about those things?

I don't think so personally.

Maybe that's the case for the top, top guys on the leaderboard... like that duck360 character that is notoriously known to just be doing it for leaderboard/Guiness Book of World Record purposes. But do the vast majority that don't fall into that "dedicate your life to it" category really care about those things?

I don't think so personally.

In my opinion, i like aiming to be in the top 100 of a leaderboard or top 50. But since that would be insane to manage on the global leaderboards with all those high level players as you pointed out, i would do it for my regions leaderboard only since that is a fair challenge then.as i am up against lower level people.

In my opinion, i like aiming to be in the top 100 of a leaderboard or top 50. But since that would be insane to manage on the global leaderboards with all those high level players as you pointed out, i would do it for my regions leaderboard only since that is a fair challenge then.as i am up against lower level people.

But is that like 'the' reason you do it, or is it just a fun side effect?

• 6 months later...