Pacifist Trophy

If this has already been covered then please excuse my ignorance. I'm obviously attempting the Pacifist trophy, and the incident occurred when I was working through the 'Cloaks & Daggers' side-quest. I had just stunned everybody in & outside of 'Double T's apartment & was working my way back out. Remembering to check each body for the 'Zzz' icon as I was doing so. Everybody was showing as just stunned, then I went to drag the guy outside the apartment, into the apartment. When I let go of him though, the icon changed to the death icon. I had to reload a save & this time, just left him & he was fine. 

So it might just of been me, banging his head on a door, or stepping on him, if doing so would affect the body at all(?). Anyway, If it wasn't me, then this was just a quick heads-up as I know this area/quest is glitchy for some. I should also note, I played with whatever patches are the most recent(as of 08/07j/14).

On a final note, This is my first time playing this game & I'm really enjoying it.

I had a similar problem but it was in the warehouse area of Derelict Row. There was a guy I had previously stunned and he had the ZZZ icon but as soon as I moved him it changed to the skull. I decided to reload a save and just leave him. I also had another guy in the same area who I remember doing a double takedown on and not moving the body, but when I revisited the area he had a skull icon on. I didn't have a previous save far enough back to do anything about it though so I just carried on with the game thinking the trophy had glitched on me but I decided to still play with a stealth and non-lethal approach. To my surprise when I finished the game I was awarded the Pacifist trophy. I have heard of the game having an "icon glitch" in that area so I guess that is what happened and the game still knew I had used non-lethal means. I would suggest to still play as you would have done and hopefully you'll have the same luck I did and still get the trophy.

Edited by Stevieboy

Yeah, I always make sure to stun them in safe places. I haven't experienced it since, but it was only until just before that quest, I got into the habit of checking & re-checking bodies I'd stunned to make sure they weren't dead. So I may have missed 1 or 2, previously, which would be slightly irritating. But then again, this game is very good, so replaying it wouldn't be a chore.

• 1 month later...

I know it's an old topic, but just in case someone is reading I'm here to mention it's definitely a glitch.  It's even mentioned in the wiki.  It happened to me a couple of times and I still got the Pacifist trophy in both the original and Director's Cut version.

Now, of course, there is a chance they might actually die if you leave their bodies in a place where they could be harmed.  For instance, they might fall off a high ledge or be harmed by an exploding robot.  But just falling to the floor and showing the wrong icon is a glitch.

• Like 1

I feel your pain. In addition to what the others have mentioned be especially careful about "head shot darting", this too can bring up the skull icon. I had to rededicate another play through on this game (had it on x360 a few years ago) because of foxiest and this trophy.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 years later...
18 minutes ago, Il_Doflamingo said:

Sorry for necroposting, guys. Do the dead hostages of the first mission (the one after the prologue) ruin the Pacifist run? They died because I spent a lot of times inside Sarif HQ, indirectly tho... didn't know there was a time limit for that. Was I supposed to save them for Pacifist?

They don't count, only enemies that die directly by your hand during gameplay count as deaths.

EDIT - Here's a good list of things that count and don't count. Be wary, there are spoilers if you haven't beaten the game before:

Spoiler

The following counts as a kill:

• Killing enemies in the Prologue/Tutorial during Sarif HQ Intruders Invasion
  • Killing via Lethal Takedowns
  • Killing via any Lethal weapon (Shotgun/Combat Rifle/Pistol etc..)
  • Killing via Environmental Explosions (Barrels)
  • Incapacitated/Stunned enemies that subsequently fall into a Hazard (Fall from heights, Electrified floor)
  • Glitched Tranquilizer Rifle Shots, especially Headshots
  • Robots that explode and kill nearby enemies (unconfirmed, contradicting reports)
  • Turrets/Robots you hacked that kill enemies
  • Hengsha (1st Visit) - Choosing to kill Diamond Chan in "Rotten Business" sidequest
  • Hengsha (2nd Visit) - During aircraft crash, if you choose to save Malik and use Lethal means.
  • Panchaea - Killing the residents that have gone mad

The following does NOT count as a kill for you:

• You destroying turrets & robots
  • Defeating Bosses
  • Detroit (2nd Visit) - Choosing to inject Brent Radford with Lethal dosage in "Acquaintances Forgotten" sidequest
  • Singapore - If saved Malik, at the end she comes in to rescue you and bombs a few guards

Edited by TheRedMaverick
  • Like 2