Portal 2 PS3 Not Connecting To Steam

xVolloxx

Since were all getting automated trouble shooting responses I contacted Sony today. They were really helpful and told me they'd work through their head office to contact Valve / Steam Support to see if they could resolve this issue on behalf of their customers. I'll post my results when I receive any. Until then lets keep working together to get this fixed!

• Like 1

Since were all getting automated trouble shooting responses I contacted Sony today. They were really helpful and told me they'd work through their head office to contact Valve / Steam Support to see if they could resolve this issue on behalf of their customers. I'll post my results when I receive any. Until then lets keep working together to get this fixed!

great news. hopefully we can get this fixed

When I check some of the coop trophies' latest achievers I can see that there are people who got them recently like today or yesterday. How can they get them if Steam is down? Is split screen playable without Steam?

Yes, I got a couple that way with a friend. The unlockables right now are:

Professor Portal

After completing co-op, complete Calibration Course online with a friend who hasn’t played before

Friends List With Benefits

While playing co-op, hug 3 different people on your friends list 

Two really easy trophies that can f%$& the platinum of all of us.

Edited by raelga

Any news on this? As I understand it, we can all sign in now and ps3-steam (PC) works but ps3-ps3 Co op still doesn't. It just disconnects. There's been no response to my ticket on steam support and I would've thought they'd fix it by now since they must be aware of the issue.

Any news on this? As I understand it, we can all sign in now and ps3-steam (PC) works but ps3-ps3 Co op still doesn't. It just disconnects. There's been no response to my ticket on steam support and I would've thought they'd fix it by now since they must be aware of the issue.

Try it a few times. It may take it awhile but it will eventually connect. I just played online PS3-PS3, like 10 minutes ago.

I share that same notion of buying Portal 2 just to play the co-op with a friend. Unfortunately, i haven't installed Steam yet to be able to try it out. But after reading all the comments, if this doesn't get fixed, or the problem keeps getting ignored, should i even bother now? =/

I got re-directed to this Portal 2 related topic by another friend, he said i had to check this out because there were more than a few connection problems....Well the very least, if i had installed Steam, i would sorta know that i wasn't the only one who can't connect -__-

Ok so my friend and I still cannot connect for some reason. We're both in the US, both using ps3s, and both signed into PSN with good connections. We can't connect with each other or randoms and today (unusual as I thought this was fixed) we can't even sign in again to steam. Steam support took 2 weeks and 4 days to respond to my ticket in the first place so I doubt they're going to reply again any time soon so anybody got any idea what I might be doing wrong here seeing as people like EzraMajor seem to be able to play? I'm not a trophy hunter just looking to play Co op for fun. Sucks we bought the game in the middle of last month so I haven't even gotten to try it

Edited by Mr7ICE

I have been communicating with a steam staff member since the initial issue and now that that one has been fixed I have inquired about this new issue. I can't say when this issue will be fixed, but they do seem as if they will continue trying to solve it which I'm very happy about. He wrote on August 8th,

Thank you for taking the time to update us on this issue. 

We will continue to investigate this matter and I will update your ticket as soon as further information is available. 

We thank you for your patience while we work to resolve this matter and we apologize for any inconvenience.

and on August 13th,

I sincerely apologize for the delay, however we are continue to investigate and resolve this issue.

Once again, I thank you for your patience, will update your ticket with more information once available and please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions in the meantime.

Hopefully good news will be coming soon.