Portal 2 PS3 Not Connecting To Steam

xVolloxx

• 4 weeks later...

How do you sign out from steam in Portal 2 (PS3)?

I meant that you log your PS3 off the network entirely. It's annoying to have to resort to that, but if your PS3 is not connected to the internet, Portal 2 will stop constantly trying to connect to Steam.

• 2 months later...
I can confirm now that if you don't own voucher for Portal 2 on pc you'll have to buy it..

My ps3 account was linked to Steam and i was keeping getting disconnections from the game.. Bought the pc version yesterday and right after Portal 2 appeared on my Steam library. Then i tried to connect online and it finally worked!!

There's also a Steam summer sale: (here's portal link)

• 3 months later...

I can confirm now that if you don't own voucher for Portal 2 on pc you'll have to buy it..

My ps3 account was linked to Steam and i was keeping getting disconnections from the game.. Bought the pc version yesterday and right after Portal 2 appeared on my Steam library. Then i tried to connect online and it finally worked!!

There's also a Steam summer sale: (here's portal link)

Or you can get the platinum edition that appears to gift the game to you for no particular reason on steam once you connect... Or was that just me?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well it is the "right" thing for us gamers. makes it valid to say.

But yes, for companies the "right" thing is to consider not patching because it cost money for a small amount of people in this case.

The right thing would be to fix a broken product either from a gamer or company perspective.

Edited by Mournblade05143

The right thing would be to fix a broken product either from a gamer or company perspective.

You're delussional man. We don't live in a ideal world. If valve can't crank up the sales by a patch, because the game is already many years old. Then it is the right thing for valve to not fix there things. there is a difference in gamer and company perspective. We want to enjoy game and they want money. if it's a new game then it is a whole different story.

There is a small argument that if you don't fix it your reputation will be lower and people more so tend to not buy your games. However in valves case, they update there games on steam regulary and got a really good reputation there. There main goal was never consoles

• 3 weeks later...

Have you linked your PSN account to a Steam account that owns Portal 2? It's not enough to just have it on PS3. The Steam version is pretty much the online pass and connecting to other players won't work if you don't have it. That's why a key to the full version was included with every new PS3 version.

• 1 month later...

"Did you turn it off and then back on again?"

But no seriously the game isn't broken, you just need to have Portal 2 on your steam account and it works fine. Tried playing it before using the steam key didn't work. Worked fine once I added Portal to my library.

• 3 months later...

"Did you turn it off and then back on again?"

But no seriously the game isn't broken, you just need to have Portal 2 on your steam account and it works fine. Tried playing it before using the steam key didn't work. Worked fine once I added Portal to my library.

So if I go and buy Portal 2 on Steam, then what? How would I connect my PSN to my Steam? 

Yeah that's the state of the game. I gave up trying to plat this because the connection issues.

I know I managed to link it back in 2014 without having it bought on Steam, but even then the servers would shut out when trying for online. If Valve would focus on the bigger picture, Portal and Portal 2 would be incredible sights on PS4.

• 1 year later...

Me and my friends also cannot connect PS3 to Steam no more.. Last day i was able to connect was on 14th of May 2018;/ Support page for Portal 2 on steam states that PS3 Version of portal is NO LONGER SUPPORTED.

"Important:

Portal 2 on PS3 is no longer supported. Some features, including cross-platform multiplayer, may not function correctly."

source:

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5477-WPJM-9388

Edited by Kristmas2