Portal 2 PS3 Not Connecting To Steam

xVolloxx

Hopefully good news will be coming soon.

Thanks for the info. I was able to connect to Steam after the Aug 8 fix but never had a chance to get any multiplayer done. Now I can't even connect again. I've submitted another ticket to Steam support as well, hopefully they'll have a real fix in place soon.

• Like 1

Decided to pop into Portal 2 on my PS3 tonight and log into Steam, and unfortunately I'm still having issues. Trying to sign in just gets me a "Signing In" message for a long time and eventually/sometimes just boots me to the Steam Achievements tab, but still not actually signing me in. Going back to the Steam tab to log in starts the whole thing over again. 

Really hope Valve/Sony fixes this soon. The whole cross-play functionality with Steam itself really sold me on this version. 

It is now connecting to steam on PS3, however I was only able to connect to people on PC. PS3-PS3 does not work as of right now maybe they are getting closer but still not working only possible way to get professor portal and friends list with benefits is to connect PC-PS3 and find 3 pc players that will help you out hoping one has never played co-op before and add them to your friends. Still Alive trophy I was able to get solo it was very difficult and time consuming I must say however worth it, only went solo for it because ran into a A-hole of a PC player said he was pro but yet died 3 times whenever we started didn't even get passed level 3 and was just really rude to me and unnecessary. So it ticked me off to the point of going solo which worked so hope this helps some and gives some hope.

P.S. Hope everyone gets there Platinum Best of luck to all of you :D 

I was able to connect to someone on PC this evening and get Professor Portal done. I haven't tried to connect PS3 to PS3 yet, but I did just get a reply from Valve:

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

This issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulty - we will be happy to assist you.

EDIT: I tried connected PS3 to PS3 with multiple people today and it never worked.

Edited by Alpha-Strider

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

We apologize for the delay.

This issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you encounter any further difficulty - we will be happy to assist you.

Obviously the issue has not been resolved, as far as PS3 to PS3 is concerned.  Are they now regarding the issue as a closed case or is it still being looked into to fix it? Does anyone have any idea?

I have two copies of the game and two PS3, so yesterday I was able to play the full tutorial with my second account on the second system at the third try. Then I check that you must complete all the coop misions before to unlock the profesor portal and reach certain chamber to be able to hug.

Anyways, it worked PS3 to PS3, just keep trying.

• Like 1

I can confirm that PS3 to PC connectivity is working. It wasn't working at all last week when I tried but just now I paired up with a guy on PC with no problems at all. One more hug and I'm done.

EDIT

PS3 to PS3 connectivity is also working. Seems they actually fixed it this time.

Edited by Alpha-Strider

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same: can't connect to co-op at all, Portal 2 is Version 1.2 and insists the software is up to date.

Half-H3ro: it appears that you did succeed in getting the last few online trophies the same day you posted here. Care to share with the rest of us how you did it? Were you able to get the Version 1.4 update somehow?

• Like 1

I was able to dodge the "Saving Profile" problem by signing out of PSN while playing Portal 2. 

(ps-Muramasa is amazing.)

Yeah that part worked when I read the exact problem on the site website.

And that really sucks that the multiplayer for the game isn't working where I didn't try it before. Steam really need to get it together and fixed it so I can try it and play it.

Also thanks that you liked Muramasma. :D

• 3 weeks later...
The "friends list with benefits" trophy can actually be done by yourself

I just got "friends list with benefits" by creating a second Steam account, and play using Steam Family Sharing from the account that I've connected to my PSN. 

The only problem is that you have 5 minutes. So on your new Steam account, start by playing with someone random online just to get to the main hub (I couldn't skip the intro part atleast). Then start the game on your PS3 and invite your new Steam account. As soon as the game has loaded, do the gesture.

Edited by oskarochfilip

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The "friends list with benefits" trophy can actually be done by yourself

I just got "friends list with benefits" by creating a second Steam account, and play using Steam Family Sharing from the account that I've connected to my PSN. 

The only problem is that you have 5 minutes. So on your new Steam account, start by playing with someone random online just to get to the main hub (I couldn't skip the intro part atleast). Then start the game on your PS3 and invite your new Steam account. As soon as the game has loaded, do the gesture.

So if I create another Steam account and do this would I be able to use a PC? I'm a little confused sorry I: