MK vs DC Kombo Challenges

I am completely stuck on every character that's left on my list. I've completed most of the characters, but all the others I need, have at least on challenge that is just impossible for me to complete. For example Scorpion's #7 or Kano's #7, they all seem to be unbeatable. I am on the verge of giving up. I spend hours trying to do ONE challenge on a single character. Anyone have any tips for how you guys completed these challenges. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well, I know its not what you want to hear, but practice, practice, practice. These combo challenges are tough for sure, but when compared to something like SSF4's challenges (which require extreme precision) these ones are very button-mashy. I got most of the tough ones with a lot of repetition, learning the timing, and mashing the shit out of the controller. That might not be of much help to you but keep at it, the difficult trophies are the most satisfying.

Well, I know its not what you want to hear, but practice, practice, practice. These combo challenges are tough for sure, but when compared to something like SSF4's challenges (which require extreme precision) these ones are very button-mashy. I got most of the tough ones with a lot of repetition, learning the timing, and mashing the shit out of the controller. That might not be of much help to you but keep at it, the difficult trophies are the most satisfying.

Thanks, finished both. Do you know any ways to complete Joker's #3 & #10, The Sinister Heels Move is just unbeatable by me.

Sorry man, its been almost four years, I'm lucky if I remember stuff from four months ago.

It's cool man, even if I would be able to complete it, I would still need to complete Shang Tsung's and Raiden's. Joker's is nothing compared to their's. I'll keep trying, but right now, I'm back at the Scorpion and Kano spot I was before, spending 2-3 Hours trying to do one challenge for one character. Thanks for all of your help though. :)

It's cool man, even if I would be able to complete it, I would still need to complete Shang Tsung's and Raiden's. Joker's is nothing compared to their's. I'll keep trying, but right now, I'm back at the Scorpion and Kano spot I was before, spending 2-3 Hours trying to do one challenge for one character. Thanks for all of your help though. :)

I swear it has something to do with genetics, but some people can click really fast, some can't. Joker's KC is the only with the the button mashing thankfully. But when I say you have to spam it, you REALLY have to spam it, so he does about 6 kicks. Just practice that on #3 and you'll get it eventually. 

Which challenges do you need to do for Raiden and Shang Tsung?

I swear it has something to do with genetics, but some people can click really fast, some can't. Joker's KC is the only with the the button mashing thankfully. But when I say you have to spam it, you REALLY have to spam it, so he does about 6 kicks. Just practice that on #3 and you'll get it eventually. 

Which challenges do you need to do for Raiden and Shang Tsung?

I only need #10 for The Joker, #8,9, and 10 for Raiden. For Shang Tsung I only need #9, and 10. I'm not quitting after doing 19 Kombo Challenges. I only have 13 Plats, so to have this on My Trophy Cabinet would be great. All I need is these challenges, and I get the Platinum. I just finished "Super Moves Master". Good luck. :)

I tried for 4 Hours...I feel so discouraged to do anything anymore. I just can't do Joker's 10, Shang's 9,10 or Raiden's 8,9,10. I am completely stuck, this time it's Serious. I know it sounds ridiculous, considering it's a video game, but these challenges are just destroying me right now. Any tips for the ones I mentioned... I'm just about done with this game... :(

I tried for 4 Hours...I feel so discouraged to do anything anymore. I just can't do Joker's 10, Shang's 9,10 or Raiden's 8,9,10. I am completely stuck, this time it's Serious. I know it sounds ridiculous, considering it's a video game, but these challenges are just destroying me right now. Any tips for the ones I mentioned... I'm just about done with this game... :(

What's quite funny is, it took me over 15 hours to Shang Tsung #9, but after I finally did it once, I did it 3 more times in the next minute with an easy tip. When you press down right circle, if this makes sense, don't force down the buttons hard at all, just lightly press them, in the order that the buttons are. Perform it like you're hardly even pressing the buttons, not even tensing your thumbs at all. I know this sounds ridiculous, but after doing it like this, I managed to keep doing the kombo. But after going back to forcefully hitting the buttons, I couldn't do it. As long as you get the timing right for the next slide, you'll have no problem. Shang Tsung #10 should be very easy after you manage to perfect #9. 

I can't say much about Joker's kombo, other than that you have to perfect #3 so you can do it like 5 times in a row without failing, then try for #10.

Raiden's can be tricky, but this is all about timing, and managing to do the double teleport as fast as you can. This just takes practice. Sorry not much help with this one either.

But always refer to these. These were a massive help to me: 

What's quite funny is, it took me over 15 hours to Shang Tsung #9, but after I finally did it once, I did it 3 more times in the next minute with an easy tip. When you press down right circle, if this makes sense, don't force down the buttons hard at all, just lightly press them, in the order that the buttons are. Perform it like you're hardly even pressing the buttons, not even tensing your thumbs at all. I know this sounds ridiculous, but after doing it like this, I managed to keep doing the kombo. But after going back to forcefully hitting the buttons, I couldn't do it. As long as you get the timing right for the next slide, you'll have no problem. Shang Tsung #10 should be very easy after you manage to perfect #9. 

I can't say much about Joker's kombo, other than that you have to perfect #3 so you can do it like 5 times in a row without failing, then try for #10.

Raiden's can be tricky, but this is all about timing, and managing to do the double teleport as fast as you can. This just takes practice. Sorry not much help with this one either.

But always refer to these. These were a massive help to me: 

Thanks for these tips, really helpful, Right now Joker is the one Pissing me off more than anything in my entire life. Ever since I posted on this forum, everyday I've been trying to do Joker's #10, for 3-4 Hours. EVERYDAY for 3-4 Hours, I'm completely done with Joker... I just feel like I wasted all this time trying to do not only this challenge but with this game period. I spent all this time trying to get the Platinum, and then get stopped by 1 fucking challenge. That's what's pissing me off the most. Thanks anyway for all the tips, they really helped. Hope I do get to finish Joker's Kombo Challenge. 

Before I forget, I used dec1Bel718's videos since the first character I attempted to do these challenges with, and I watched them, and still kept failing. Thanks again. This Forum is going a bit long, and all it is is me complaining, so I'm probably going to stop posting. Thanks everyone! :{

Thanks for these tips, really helpful, Right now Joker is the one Pissing me off more than anything in my entire life. Ever since I posted on this forum, everyday I've been trying to do Joker's #10, for 3-4 Hours. EVERYDAY for 3-4 Hours, I'm completely done with Joker... I just feel like I wasted all this time trying to do not only this challenge but with this game period. I spent all this time trying to get the Platinum, and then get stopped by 1 fucking challenge. That's what's pissing me off the most. Thanks anyway for all the tips, they really helped. Hope I do get to finish Joker's Kombo Challenge. 

Before I forget, I used dec1Bel718's videos since the first character I attempted to do these challenges with, and I watched them, and still kept failing. Thanks again. This Forum is going a bit long, and all it is is me complaining, so I'm probably going to stop posting. Thanks everyone! :{

Nevermind got the Plat TODAY. Thank You guys so much...It's like I got some Magical Powers that allowed me to do Kombo Challenges. Thanks Again.

• Like 1

Nevermind got the Plat TODAY. Thank You guys so much...It's like I got some Magical Powers that allowed me to do Kombo Challenges. Thanks Again.

Congras! :)

I rage-quit that game a long time ago, those combos are annoying. Wasn't even able to complete all combos for 1 character. (the closest was Jax, I had 1 missing)

And you're talking to a guy who completed 3/4 of the USF4 trials. xD

Congrats, did you use the 'soft' method that I talked about? And was I right that #10 was really easy after mastering #9? :P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

any tips on liu kang 10 kombo, i cant get bicycle kick in time then fire , fly kick. it keeping me from platinum.

some belated help...

the fire and fly kick has just got to be timed right or i suppose you could try mashing (does not really work i think?)

maybe practice the bicycle, fire and kick alone first so you have the timing

just in case you did not know the bicycle has to be done on the first hit of circle as it hits twice

also to get it out faster maybe press forward and circle at the same time

or you could incorporate the motions in the previous button presses

so after the juggle hit press back + triangle, back + circle and then forward + circle (same time) to get the bicycle

Edited by jujmint

• 3 years later...

And a warn you, sometimes when you did all Challenges and it is Glitched don't worry is very rare it happens don't panic as I did, what you have to do is (that worked on me), I kept trying doing challenges but in different Dates of calendar settings. I repeat it worked on me just in case of glitch. It happened about 6 years ago, meybe they fixed it with time. It finally jumped in the end ...with another date unfortunately but did. 

• 7 months later...

it glitched on me too :(  when you completed a combo challenge it should be a bit darker then the others (in the menu). 

now i can say that it always resetted me to 0 progress after i turned off my console and go for lunch. and i achieved more of half of the trophies at that time?

i write this with my pre-lunch knowledge:

when i turned on my console for the last trophies i start completing them too but i hadn't unlock the gold trophy at the end, .... so i chose a character that i played before lunch and saw that the game showed me a normal combo challenge like i haven't completed it before.

so i started all over again and did all characters in one attempt and then i unlocked that :gold:... ?

• Like 1