My thoughts on Six Flags: Magic Mountain

Fierce_DeityX1

1. The Adverrtisments/Greed

While i do understand the fact the theme parks need to make money, i had advertisement overload. One prime example is the ride Viper.The side  of the carts were literally ads for Got 2B Glued, showing two people with spiked hair, and it said,"make your hair stand up...Got 2B Glued. We payed $280 just to get in this park, not to mention the extra $100 on food and drinks. We dont want to see ads on the freaking rollercoasters.  The map also had the name of candies all over it (however it may have been because they sponsored it.. And the TV? 5 ads for every short cartoon segment.

2.Insane wait times

I expected this whn i heard we were going,but it was much worse than I thought. For the majority of the 12 hours, we only rode two of their big rides, other than that it was small time stuff. We saw why though, most of the rides only had one cart going at a time...which seriously slows it down. Plus the boring waiting lines and a bad staff and it just becomes a nightmare.

3. It is outdated (not including rollercoasters)

With so many competitors, im surprised they are trying to improve the lines by including digital hubs of wait times around the park, in order to help with planning. The signs would say one hour,  it would actually take 2-3 hours to get to the ride. Only one mister in the whole park worked.

4. They had the wost fast pass i have seen.

Thy had to types of fast passes, Normal and Gold. From what they told us, normal just holds on to your line, and gold will cut down 50% of the wait time. So, lets look at the normal one. You can only eat and come back into line, so why would we pay an extra $160 just to be able to eat. And why isnt the premium just a front of the line pass?

Overall it was  a theme park that im willing to go back to, but i am dreading some of it, 

So tell me, what was one of your theme park experiences?

$280 (+$100 for food?!) for a themepark? Is this like a week pass or something? Seems extremely overpriced for a theme park.  Over here in UK most theme parks its £50 max.. for a day.

Those advertisements is more like what sponsors the ride.  Big One over in Blackpool has been doing this as long as it's been around with Pepsi Max.

All I can say is USA theme parks seem really different to over here.

I know all the tricks for most theme parks, get onto the bigger rides faster during the early hours, near closing hours or hours that people be off getting food, you can literally go on the ride, jump off, walk back round to the line and within a few minutes, you're on it again.  I've never needed a fast pass ever.

$280 (+$100 for food?!) for a themepark? Is this like a week pass or something? Seems extremely overpriced for a theme park.  Over here in UK most theme parks its £50 max.. for a day.

Those advertisements is more like what sponsors the ride.  Big One over in Blackpool has been doing this as long as it's been around with Pepsi Max.

All I can say is USA theme parks seem really different to over here.

I know all the tricks for most theme parks, get onto the bigger rides faster during the early hours, near closing hours or hours that people be off getting food, you can literally go on the ride, jump off, walk back round to the line and within a few minutes, you're on it again.  I've never needed a fast pass ever.

It was 4 people, also, most theme parks are much better than this.

Edited by Fierce_DeityX1

I had a super great time when i went! back a few years ago, i think 2010. i'm a coaster enthusiast so i've been everywhere a lot lol.

1.) me and my dad got to ride every ride in the park 1 time each. excluding Colossus and Superman The Escape; which were closed that day :(

2.) There were those dumbass ads for a few coasters, i remember Viper and Revolution being some with ads for products and movies on the cars, it makes it look so terrible. Its pretty sad that they do that.

3.) For a summer day, the lines weren't that bad. considering this park has the best coasters in the world! i had fun and didnt think the lines were painfully long.

Ive only been to this Six Flags park out of all of them, exculding Kentucky Kingdom which doesn't exist anymore. I prefer Cedar Fair parks over Six Flags, mainly because they are closer in my area, and there are no ads, and still have amazing rides. Kings Island and Cedar Point are the only 2 parks i need lol. But still, Six Flags is unique and i dont mind it at all, but then again if they are taking my money, they just use it to make the parks better you know. They get new rides every year for some of their parks, then return the favor to other parks the next year. 

Edited by X_RaceKing_X

I had a super great time when i went! back a few years ago, i think 2010. i'm a coaster enthusiast so i've been everywhere a lot lol.

1.) me and my dad got to ride every ride in the park 1 time each. excluding Colossus and Superman The Escape; which were closed that day :(

2.) There were those dumbass ads for a few coasters, i remember Viper and Revolution being some with ads for products and movies on the cars, it makes it look so terrible. Its pretty sad that they do that.

3.) For a summer day, the lines weren't that bad. considering this park has the best coasters in the world! i had fun and didnt think the lines were painfully long.

Ive only been to this Six Flags park out of all of them, exculding Kentucky Kingdom which doesn't exist anymore. I prefer Cedar Fair parks over Six Flags, mainly because they are closer in my area, and there are no ads, and still have amazing rides. Kings Island and Cedar Point are the only 2 parks i need lol. But still, Six Flags is unique and i dont mind it at all, but then again if they are taking my money, they just use it to make the parks better you know. They get new rides every year for some of their parks, then return the favor to other parks the next year. 

Cedar Fair > Six Flags

In Australia ive only been to Luna Park & Easter Show.

Luna Park is like $40 for a whole day, but there isnt really much there still pretty fun - nothing to go crazy over though.

Easter Show i forgot the price, you gotta pay for entry and then pay like $40-50 for like 6 tokens which gives 6 rides, its really overpriced, lines are way too long and LITERALLY everything is overpriced apart from showbags.