The Xbox Forum

spetsdaddy62

As someone who plays Japanese-developed games (jRPGs in particular) almost exclusively, I feel as though I have absolutely no reason to buy an X1.*  I did not own a 360, but there was a good bit of Japanese support for it especially in the earlier years with stuff like Idolmaster, a decent variety of shumps, and a few RPGs (Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, etc).  Although a lot of this stuff did eventually find its way over to PlayStation, there was at least some modicum of support and a reason for some of the more hardcore types of fans of these sort of games to buy one.  I just don't see that being the case with the X1, and as far as the current line-up of exclusives goes, there's nothing that interests me at all.

*Disclaimer : This kinda applies to the PS4 right now as well, but there are a couple of jRPGs currently in development for it, at least.

Well he did just come to a PS site and ask us to say something about Xbox :P

The Xbox 360 is okay.. but really nothing great besides a few JRPGs that never made it to PS.  I've never been much of a Xbox fan to be honest.  MS were complete assholes when it came to the Xbox One.. definitely made me stop supporting anything to do with their Xbox side of things.

They're still making Gears of War?  Thought the main developer of that quit..

The main developer left Epic a while back, but if I remember correctly, the IP was sold to MS so Cliffy wouldnt be developing the game anyways. Its being developed by Black Tusk Studios now, which are the guys that were working on the Kinect game called 'Project Columbia'

yup, this is a weird transition, so lets see how the game turns out.

OT: I love my 360 (even though this is my 2nd one because my first crapped out) and I dont use it as much as my PS3, it still a great system.

I greatly enjoyed my 360. Had lots of fun playing Gears, Trials, Halo and a lot of smaller arcade games that never made it to PSN.

Exclusives were great in the early life cycle (Alan Wake, Mass Effect 1) but MS didn't seem to care about them anymore after a couple of years.

Looking forward to christmas when I'll be getting me a One with Sunset Overdrive and the Master Chief Collection. :)

The main developer left Epic a while back, but if I remember correctly, the IP was sold to MS so Cliffy wouldnt be developing the game anyways. Its being developed by Black Tusk Studios now, which are the guys that were working on the Kinect game called 'Project Columbia'

Rod Fergusson, the executive producer of the previous Gears games, is working at Black Tusk on the next Gears game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5345342/gears-of-war-xbox-one-microsoft-epic-games-rod-fergusson

Edited by soniq

I greatly enjoyed my 360. Had lots of fun playing Gears, Trials, Halo and a lot of smaller arcade games that never made it to PSN.

Exclusives were great in the early life cycle (Alan Wake, Mass Effect 1) but MS didn't seem to care about them anymore after a couple of years.

Looking forward to christmas when I'll be getting me a One with Sunset Overdrive and the Master Chief Collection. :)

Rod Fergusson, the executive producer of the previous Gears games, is working at Black Tusk on the next Gears game.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/1/27/5345342/gears-of-war-xbox-one-microsoft-epic-games-rod-fergusson

Oh yeah, I knew I left something out. Thanks Soniq.

I just hope that whatever they do it will have Horde 2.0 again.

Hell, I'd settle for a standalone Horde game that's just that, with most if not all of the previous maps.

Well horde is a staple on the GoW franchise so im pretty sure itll be back, maybe even hoard 3.0 :o

Rest assure though, the game will be good, they have people in that team that have come from Naughty Dog, Eidos Montreal, Sony Santa Monica, Pandemic Studios, Crytek, Relic, and Ubisoft. Its a pretty solid looking group, thats why I thought It was odd that they were given that Kinect game as a project.

Well horde is a staple on the GoW franchise so im pretty sure itll be back, maybe even hoard 3.0 :o

Rest assure though, the game will be good, they have people in that team that have come from Naughty Dog, Eidos Montreal, Sony Santa Monica, Pandemic Studios, Crytek, Relic, and Ubisoft. Its a pretty solid looking group, thats why I thought It was odd that they were given that Kinect game as a project.

That was before they realised that nobody wants Kinect to play serious games. ;)