The Xbox Forum

spetsdaddy62

So...This thread is just to hate xbox ? :huh:

Well he did just come to a PS site and ask us to say something about Xbox :P

The Xbox 360 is okay.. but really nothing great besides a few JRPGs that never made it to PS.  I've never been much of a Xbox fan to be honest.  MS were complete assholes when it came to the Xbox One.. definitely made me stop supporting anything to do with their Xbox side of things.

my $500 machine for Gears Of War, not really a fan of Sunset Overdrive. Halo can go straight to hell. 

They're still making Gears of War?  Thought the main developer of that quit..

I wish Microsoft actually gave me a reason to buy an Xbox One. Every "exclusive" I want to play is either on PC, or making it's way to PS4. Sunset Overdrive is the only thing I can think of, that I'd buy the system for. But I'm not paying $400 to play one game. Once they start getting actual exclusives, I'll buy one.

This thread is mostly for people to share their opinions on Xbox. It's not to hate. Xbox One is a great next gen-system just like the PS4, but it has its different ways. Xbox One is a 2 in 1 entertainment and game system, as you can watch TV and movies on it, and it also plays games. Xbox One is mainly for people that like entertainment and video games. Let's just say Xbox One is an entertainment console that also plays games.

On last-gen, Xbox 360 also had its positives and flaws. I had kind of liked Xbox (before I got my ps3) and I spent some time on it at my friend's house, and I had to admit It was fun. The only thing that I didn't like was that he had to PAY for online service, which didn't make sense to me. At first I thought  "Why pay for online?" because Why can't you experience fun for FREE?

A year later, I decided to get the ps3, because so many people recommended it for me and online was free. I had so much fun on my ps3, and I still do. It has made me the PlayStation fan I am today :)  Lets just say each console is fun in their own way, and we shouldn't have a reason to hate on any of them.

The first console was great but the controllers shape (The really big one) was off putting for some. Also the first xbox really brought in the "Era of Graphics Whores" and for that, I don't really know if I should thank MS. 

The second console was just superior in every way from 2005-2012, The controller, the community (When it was decent but both are really bad compared to Nintendo.), the games and the OS system. I loved my 360 and it seems that many people forgot due to the xbox pc like architecture, ps3 was able to get decent ports due to some western developers saying the "cell" was too hard to develop for. Also the fact that certain multi-platforms games where xbox exclusive before they studios where brought shows that xbox was killing it for a time. 

Now the Third Behemoth is not bad but is lacking in certain ways. First the OS should have been keep in 2010 Xbox360 style or the blade. The second problem is that MS should had went Nvidia rather than AMD, while AMD don't suck it's seems that Nvidia have been on the ball longer than them. I feel that I spend good money on the console but it's fair share of problems can be a put off for people.

• Like 1

Well he did just come to a PS site and ask us to say something about Xbox :P

The Xbox 360 is okay.. but really nothing great besides a few JRPGs that never made it to PS.  I've never been much of a Xbox fan to be honest.  MS were complete assholes when it came to the Xbox One.. definitely made me stop supporting anything to do with their Xbox side of things.

They're still making Gears of War?  Thought the main developer of that quit..

Cliff or the other guy? I am not really hating it, I have both the PS4 x2 and the XBOX ONE x2, just when games come out that are multi platform, they DO look better on the PS4, thats not just my opinion, its fact, and the reason i had a 360 was Gears of War, i loved that game so much, made me a lot of money in tournaments, so it will always hold a special place, and its not a Generic FPS, its a 3rd person shooter and had amazing enemies. 

Cliff or the other guy? I am not really hating it, I have both the PS4 x2 and the XBOX ONE x2, just when games come out that are multi platform, they DO look better on the PS4, thats not just my opinion, its fact, and the reason i had a 360 was Gears of War, i loved that game so much, made me a lot of money in tournaments, so it will always hold a special place, and its not a Generic FPS, its a 3rd person shooter and had amazing enemies. 

I only really liked the second one.. the horde mode was really fun.

I personally think Resident Evil 4 and Vanquish did a better job in this style of shooter.  Gears is pretty generic compared to those.

And yes, I mean Cliff.

Edited by DEMON

I personally think Resident Evil 4 and Vanquish did a better job in this style of shooter.  Gears is pretty generic compared to those.

And yes, I mean Cliff.

Cliff left Epic right after the launch of Gears of War 3 to live his life, i follow him on twitter and he has lived a life most of us can only dream of, drive a ferrari, marry a woman that looks like a playmate, either the money ran out or he just loves gaming since he just announced the opening of his new Gaming Studio: BOSS KEY. Resident Evil 4 was really amazing and it changed the way we play (back in the Gamecube days) it was revolutionary the way the Genre changed, but Gears was diffrent when it debuted on the 360, the level of Violence, Graphics, cinematics (short but sweet) you couldnt get that in the PS3 until uncharted hit the scene. 

And yes, I mean Cliff.

We all have opinions and I can respect but saying Gears is pretty generic to those games is pretty weird.  B)

We all have opinions and I can respect but saying Gears is pretty generic to those games is pretty weird.  B)

Meant Gears was more normal compared to them (if that's a better way to put it).  Vanquish was a bit crazy like bullet hell in a TPS, your weapons will only stay upgraded if you did well, had an interesting suit which actually added to gameplay with overheat and motorcycling across the stage.  Resident Evil 4 wasn't too action paced, it was the first of it's kind of this style and I just felt like it did it better than Gears did.

Gears didn't really have anything different other than the chainsaw attack.

Best experience from the 360 was Gears 2 multiplayer. It was great, the power weapons, the wallbouncing, and the many modes. Gears 3 was alright, but I didn't play it as much, but Judgement was an abomination, absolutely awful game. Since Gears was the only exclusive I like on Xbox, and there hasn't been a good one in 6 years, I'll pass on the Xbox One for now. The Last Of Us' multiplayer kinda has a little bit of Gears sprinkled into it, which is probably why it's one of my favourite multiplayers.

Gears wasn't my favourite game on the 360 by any means though, I can play my favourites on PS3. :)

The future of ONE looks very eh to me. Sunset Overdrive tried way too hard to be funny in the e3 trailer, and the gameplay looks like infamous, where you grind around. They've butchered Fable with that thing. I couldn't care less about Halo, there's nothing I'm interested in :/

Edited by Saltyie

Meant Gears was more normal compared to them (if that's a better way to put it).  Vanquish was a bit crazy like bullet hell in a TPS, your weapons will only stay upgraded if you did well, had an interesting suit which actually added to gameplay with overheat and motorcycling across the stage.  Resident Evil 4 wasn't too action paced, it was the first of it's kind of this style and I just felt like it did it better than Gears did.

Gears didn't really have anything different other than the chainsaw attack.

Well, I guess you didn't play online multi a lot. Gears was borderline tactical with quick reactions shooter when it came to mp. I do admit Vanquish was bullet hell but Resident Evil did what it was suppose to do but not on Gear's level. 

Well, I guess you didn't play online multi a lot. Gears was borderline tactical with quick reactions shooter when it came to mp. I do admit Vanquish was bullet hell but Resident Evil did what it was suppose to do but not on Gear's level. 

I mainly played Horde.. I didn't really play competitive multi if that's what you mean, did at times but never really been a fan of it.. in any shooters.

I mainly played Horde.. I didn't really play competitive multi if that's what you mean, did at times but never really been a fan of it.. in any shooters.

Well I won't change your opinions but I will agree with you that Vanquish and RE4 were probably the best of those generation games. I think Horde was great but with Epic, they tend to mess up stuff that is basic and don't need changes. I wonder how 4 is going to do horde mode? 

Xbox 360 did have quite a bit of games I do like, but since Playstation 3 is my primary system my Xbox 360 collection isn't as big, mostly exclusive titles I think.

Anyway my current favorites on that system are these ones: Dust An Elysian Tail, Tales of Vesperia, Fable 1,2 & 3. Halo 1-4 and Reach. and Gears of War also Phantom Dust is one of my favorite games as well on original Xbox.

and will be buying and Xbox One since I want to get Scalebound, Phantom Dust, Halo 5, and Crackdown. But likely again Playstation 4 will be Primary system I use. And between the Wii U and Xbox One Im not sure which of the two I will be using most.

I have nothing to bad to say about Xbox at the moment, Phil Spencer is a great guy, he is fixing all lot of shit that his stupid predecessor Don Mattrick made, like the console's image after Mattrick made a comment about Xbox players who don't have a stable internet connection to support at the time DRM and Always Online modeled Xbox One: "We have a product for people who aren't able to get some form of connectivity; it's called Xbox 360." I wish Phil Spencer well, he is a really good guy he actually praised the PS4 and Nintendo's Super Smash Bros, he has really good sportsmanship.

Edited by TheVader66
  • Like 1

I used to have a 360, and if I remember the reason for me to get it was the first Dead Rising, and I regret getting the game to complete it, it was hard to 100% it. I started to become tired of Xbox live, and moved to the PS3. Most people say that the 360 was the best console, ever made (and yet, they lost the console war, don't believe me? Check the 360 and PS3 sales), but I liked the PS3 more, since the community here is more kind and online was free. :)