30GB MP3 Player... Go!

Dreakon139

Okay, I've made a thread or two but this is my swan song. At work my shit-tacular 1.5gb MP3 player that I've been using for the last 3+ years was showing signs of being on it's last legs. It's time for an upgrade.

I only have 3 requirements...

- 30gb of memory. More the merrier if possible, but this is the minimum I would think to fit all of my music and at least the majority of the radio/talk shows I listen to.

- Built-in rechargable battery (chargable via USB and/or wall). I think this is pretty standard these days?

- Reasonably priced. For all the people saying Apple is overpriced crap, here's your chance to shine. ;)

Does that seem doable? I dunno what would be considered reasonably priced for such a mammoth of a machine, but would it be possible to get something that meets these specs for $100 or less?

People have suggested the Zune to me but anything that isn't a Hong Kong knock-off on eBay seems to cost roughly as much as an iPod anyways. I don't need apps or wi-fi, my laptop does well enough on its own for those things. This will be used 99.99% for music.

If anyone wants to go on a scavenger hunt and dig up MP3 players (with links) that meet what I've posted above, I'd super appreciate it. I haven't had a ton of luck looking on my own. :-/

honestly stay as far away from the ipod touch as you can. even if its expensive, you may get a stupid idea to get one, DONT!!

anyways, heres a zune (couldnt find one at the bestbuy website, i guess they dont make them anymore)

http://www.ebay.com/ctg/Microsoft-Zune-30-Black-30-GB-Digital-Media-Player-/56516126?_dmpt=Other_MP3_Players&_pcategid=73839&_pcatid=39&_refkw=zune&_trkparms=65%253A12%257C66%253A2%257C39%253A1%257C72%253A5909&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

30gb for around 70$, and its also a pretty good mp3 player. it can have videos, music, pictures, and even something ipods dont have; a radio

if you want to be classy, get one of those ;D

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+Walkman+Cassette+Player+with+Digital+AM/FM/Weather+Band+Tuner/8692444.p?id=1201913473652&skuId=8692444&st=walkman&cp=1&lp=5

thats all i can think of right now. ill drop by when i get more ideas, BUT STAY AWAY FROM IPOD TOUCH! awful battery life, screen breaks easyly, its annoying, and very slow.

but the zune is a very good idea in my opinion. you should definitely try to check it out. some best buys or other stores with electric stuff may have them in stock if you get lucky, but if you dont put the 70$ on your credit card, and get one, man! better than the overpriced ipod that does not have a radio ;o

honestly stay as far away from the ipod touch as you can. even if its expensive, you may get a stupid idea to get one, DONT!!

anyways, heres a zune (couldnt find one at the bestbuy website, i guess they dont make them anymore)

http://www.ebay.com/...id=p3286.c0.m14

30gb for around 70$, and its also a pretty good mp3 player. it can have videos, music, pictures, and even something ipods dont have; a radio

if you want to be classy, get one of those ;D

http://www.bestbuy.c...lkman&cp=1&lp=5

thats all i can think of right now. ill drop by when i get more ideas, BUT STAY AWAY FROM IPOD TOUCH! awful battery life, screen breaks easyly, its annoying, and very slow.

but the zune is a very good idea in my opinion. you should definitely try to check it out. some best buys or other stores with electric stuff may have them in stock if you get lucky, but if you dont put the 70$ on your credit card, and get one, man! better than the overpriced ipod that does not have a radio ;o

I have to agree with staying away from the iPod touch. I mainly use mine for games, and even with plenty of memory available, it always finds a good time to crash on you. While I'm not too knowledgeable in other awesome available deals for you, I can agree with Kirby in saying the iPod touch is a no-no.

http://www.ebay.com/...id=p3286.c0.m14

Yeah, I'm not 100% sold on the Hong Kong ones. Screams cheap knock-off to me... but you can't beat the price.

the zune is a great product though. you should check out some reviews of it

I have met a few people with Zune's, and most people tend to agree that it works well. However, I'm not sure how well it synchronizes with iTunes, so that may be something worth putting research into if that's where are your music is stored.

I say iPod touch 32 GB... I know people here are cursing it, but damn it has a nice interface and screen. Also I've had my 2g iPod Touch for like 4-5 years and it's still going strong, sure the battery doesn't last long if you have wifi on constantly, but with wifi off it lasts a pretty long time still. Also, it has endured a lot of falls, all of them without protection.

Remember you're also getting access to the App Store, THE APP STORE.. There are so many useful applications out there, not to mention GAMES! classics like final fantasy tactics and chrono trigger! That's what I'd go with anyway, looking forward to buying one this year.

I say iPod touch 32 GB... I know people here are cursing it, but damn it has a nice interface and screen. Also I've had my 2g iPod Touch for like 4-5 years and it's still going strong, sure the battery doesn't last long if you have wifi on constantly, but with wifi off it lasts a pretty long time still. Also, it has endured a lot of falls, all of them without protection.

Remember you're also getting access to the App Store, THE APP STORE.. There are so many useful applications out there, not to mention GAMES! classics like final fantasy tactics and chrono trigger! That's what I'd go with anyway, looking forward to buying one this year.

he clearly said under 100$, and ipod touch 32gb is more than 250$.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple%26%23174%3B+-+iPod+touch%26%23174%3B+32GB*+MP3+Player+(4th+Generation+-+Latest+Model)+-+Black/9225411.p?id=1218062716107&skuId=9225411

also, who cares about games? music players are for music, not for games. if you want games get a psp or ds. you can get final fantasy tactics <3 and chrono trigger, and many more on a psp which has better controls. i hate playing games on the phone or ipod.

• 1 month later...

I can't say a bad word about iPod's, I've had a touch for a few years now and other than me personally managing to break two of them, nothing has ever gone wrong. The screen quality is superb and the whole user-interface is up to everyone of Apples incredibly high standards. If a touch doesn't sound like the one for you, get an iPod classic. You can get an 80gb one over here for £160

I used to buy different MP3 players all the time, often cheaper ones, but then I finally bought a walkman, and it was still just as awkward to use. When I finally bought an iPod my eyes were opened massively, it's worth the extra money easily

If it's just for playing music, then just go for an iPod Classic. I picked up an 80GB one a few years back off "the Bay" for just under £100. No need to spend money for extra features if it's just for listening to music.

I agree with this, A used (possibly new) Ipod classic with 30GB+ will cost you less than $100 on the internets, If you go looking that is.

(Personally Im happy with my 8GB Ipod Nano, I dont like heavy things in my pockets)

I got this for Christmas and I couldn't be happier because I got this only for music. It's alittle over 100 dollars but it has great battery life with up to 50 hours. It's itunes compatible but its not needed! all you have to do is make a folder named music and literally drag in the songs you want to add in.

http://www.bestbuy.c...20MP3&cp=1&lp=2

nvm seems like you got a zune, hope your enjoying it :awesome: