PS+ for PS3 and PS4

abulnoor

When will playstation plus start providing free full ps4 games for their members?
Because I don't want to buy the console and play indie games.
I am still taking advantage of the free full ps3 games that they provide every month.
Are they going to stop providing free full ps3 games after a while?

Edited by abulnoor

1) PS+ will start providing free full PS4 games for their members as soon as there's an actual library of triple-A titles that don't sell anymore. Since the industry is still focusing on either last-gen or cross-gen releases, it's going to take a while for that to happen.

2) There is no reason whatsoever for Sony to stop supporting the PS3 in the immediate future, or even within the next... probably at least 6 years. The install base is well-established and there will be plenty of people still using the system. As a reference, Sony continued to support the PS2 for around 6 years after the PS3 launched, and continued to manufacture them. Now take into account that the PS3's install base is far greater than the PS2's, as is its library. The PS3 isn't going away any time soon, I can promise you that. And that means that PS+ will continue to cater to PS3 users.

My advice to you is to be more open-minded with PS+. PS+ isn't about providing you with triple-A titles every month, it's actually about providing you with experiences you otherwise wouldn't choose to partake in but that you may actually enjoy. All I can recommend is that, given the choice, you should always at least consider playing the indie games that PS+ provides.

tl;dr: not for a while, not for a long time, please play indie games

• Like 4

I get the feeling with the ps3 they are just going to slowly phase it out until no one cares for it and then they'll take it away, so as to not cause to much trouble. if you look at recent months you can see it happening - we went from 2 full games and 1 or 2 indies a months to 2 full games a month to 1 full game and an indie a month and now they are making the full game worse and worse and i can only assume itll be 2 indies soon..

• Like 1

For now if you get a PS4 you'll have to be buying some games same as any other console in history.  You might see something special next month / November if Sony do something for the 1st Birthday.

Don't be afraid of Indy titles the quality varies just as much as AAA stuff.  Gameplay tends to win out over graphics.

I wouldn't think PS3 is going anywhere for a while, I know if mine died I wouldn't hesitate going out and buying a replacement right away.  There's still a huge install base out there for developers to sell to.  If anything PS+ could keep the console going longer the games may be 'free' but they can still lead to additional DLC sales.

• Like 1

Driveclub PS+ edition should be coming as an October IGC game. I think they'll "officially" start in November, as to celebrate the 1st PS4 anniversary.

My bet is Killzone SF as first game.

Knack seems more likely... If they bring KZ to the IGC, it surely won't be the full game, I think

• Like 1

I get the feeling with the ps3 they are just going to slowly phase it out until no one cares for it and then they'll take it away, so as to not cause to much trouble. if you look at recent months you can see it happening - we went from 2 full games and 1 or 2 indies a months to 2 full games a month to 1 full game and an indie a month and now they are making the full game worse and worse and i can only assume itll be 2 indies soon..

You mean 5 indies for next month T_T

• Like 1

1) PS+ will start providing free full PS4 games for their members as soon as there's an actual library of triple-A titles that don't sell anymore. Since the industry is still focusing on either last-gen or cross-gen releases, it's going to take a while for that to happen.

2) There is no reason whatsoever for Sony to stop supporting the PS3 in the immediate future, or even within the next... probably at least 6 years. The install base is well-established and there will be plenty of people still using the system. As a reference, Sony continued to support the PS2 for around 6 years after the PS3 launched, and continued to manufacture them. Now take into account that the PS3's install base is far greater than the PS2's, as is its library. The PS3 isn't going away any time soon, I can promise you that. And that means that PS+ will continue to cater to PS3 users.

My advice to you is to be more open-minded with PS+. PS+ isn't about providing you with triple-A titles every month, it's actually about providing you with experiences you otherwise wouldn't choose to partake in but that you may actually enjoy. All I can recommend is that, given the choice, you should always at least consider playing the indie games that PS+ provides.

tl;dr: not for a while, not for a long time, please play indie games

Heh I like Space Dandy lol
  • Like 1