So... apparently I can't make up my mind.

Dreakon13

If anyone around here knows/remembers me, I have a bad habit of jumping from platform to platform and abandoning each one as I go.  I went "PC Gamer" the last year or so, and outside of GTA V and NHL 14, pretty much let the ol' PS3 collect dust.  Achievement/Trophy hunting is tricky business, and I don't have the time or patience to try and maintain two profiles on two different platforms and keep them full of sweet sweet trophy/achievement goodness as I probably should.

With the announcements of Uncharted 4 and LittleBigPlanet 3... the urge started setting in to get back into the console world.  So here I am.

I guess... other than to informally reintroduce myself to the community... I'm making this topic to ask if Uncharted 4 or LittleBigPlanet 3 have a projected timeframe in which they're expected to be released?  2015?  Because when those games come out, is probably when I'll invest in the PS4.

Also, how is backwards compatibility looking for the PS4 these days?  I know there's no true backwards compatibility, is that "Playstation Now" service supposed to be the alternative?  Does it work well?  How does it handle trophies and stuff?

Thanks for any info!  In the meantime, I have a lot of work to do to spruce up the PS3 games on my profile and get as many plats and 100%'s as possible before moving on to the PS4.  Assuming my ADD doesn't cause me to do anything rash before then. :S

Edited by Dreakon13

LBP 3 will be released in the fall of 2014 for sure, as for Uncharted 4, it's still up in the air. It will be 2015, but there is know knowledge beyond that.

That was quick!  Thanks for the info.  Maybe I'll make the release of Uncharted 4 my benchmark to have my profile to a place I'm happy with (as far as PS3 is concerned).  Once I move to the PS4, I don't plan on looking back unless I have to lol.

Maybe cross my fingers for a PS4 price drop, or a fancy Slim model before I dive in.  Or at the very least, I'm sure there'll be a Uncharted 4 PS4 bundle when the time comes. :awesome:

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 1

Hey Dreakon :wave: I remember you had that cool sig where you had the cover art for all the games you had gotten the platinum for.

Anyways I googled "Hey Dreakon, welcome back to the world of console gaming after a year of abandoning us for your desktop PC!" and hit Feeling Lucky and got this

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/171088-the-ps4-takes-the-pure-gaming-machine-thing-way-too-far

Also I searched the first image that showed up and got this

2yowvnn.jpg

Finally I looked at the first video and got some Kickstarter page for a funded projected

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/189665092/the-fall-dark-story-driven-exploration-in-an-alien/comments?cursor=6250083&direction=asc

So I think if you link all of these searches together you will get some very concrete proof on what you should do :)

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

Hey Dreakon :wave: I remember you had that cool sig where you had the cover art for all the games you had gotten the platinum for.

Indeed, and I'm pretty sure you said the same thing the last time I came back. :giggle:

Anyways I googled "Hey Dreakon, welcome back to the world of console gaming after a year of abandoning us for your desktop PC!" and hit Feeling Lucky and got this

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/171088-the-ps4-takes-the-pure-gaming-machine-thing-way-too-far

Also I searched the first image that showed up and got this

2yowvnn.jpg

Finally I looked at the first video and got some Kickstarter page for a funded projected

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/189665092/the-fall-dark-story-driven-exploration-in-an-alien/comments?cursor=6250083&direction=asc

So I think if you link all of these searches together you will get some very concrete proof on what you should do :)

Well, sure... the cold, calculating returns of a Google search can pretty much sum up my life, my future and anything anyone would need to know about me.  But where's the HEART?

Edited by Dreakon13

Will Google also say things like "Hey Dreakon, welcome back to the world of console gaming after a year of abandoning us for your desktop PC!"

Because I was hoping you would say that too...

Hm, I think Microsoft Cortana could do probably do that better than Google. But regardless, IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ABANDONED CONSOLE GAMING FOR PC!!!

:)

If anyone around here knows/remembers me, I have a bad habit of jumping from platform to platform and abandoning each one as I go.  I went "PC Gamer" the last year or so, and outside of GTA V and NHL 14, pretty much let the ol' PS3 collect dust.  Achievement/Trophy hunting is tricky business, and I don't have the time or patience to try and maintain two profiles on two different platforms and keep them full of sweet sweet trophy/achievement goodness as I probably should.

With the announcements of Uncharted 4 and LittleBigPlanet 3... the urge started setting in to get back into the console world.  So here I am.

I guess... other than to informally reintroduce myself to the community... I'm making this topic to ask if Uncharted 4 or LittleBigPlanet 3 have a projected timeframe in which they're expected to be released?  2015?  Because when those games come out, is probably when I'll invest in the PS4.

Also, how is backwards compatibility looking for the PS4 these days?  I know there's no true backwards compatibility, is that "Playstation Now" service supposed to be the alternative?  Does it work well?  How does it handle trophies and stuff?

Thanks for any info!  In the meantime, I have a lot of work to do to spruce up the PS3 games on my profile and get as many plats and 100%'s as possible before moving on to the PS4.  Assuming my ADD doesn't cause me to do anything rash before then. !

I'm a new member of the site,so nice to see you for the first time and welcome back !

Welcome back to console gaming. I myself returned with the release of a PS4 and have loved every second of it!

I think holding off until the specific games your into release is definitely the way to go however. Alot of people get bored with the current game line up. I personally haven't had the time to get bored. Way too many games to play and PS+ keeps hurling more at me every month! 

I haven't heard much about Playstation Now recently. It sounds really good but also like it could be very expensive.

Anyways, enjoy playing your PS3 again. Goodluck in your Trophy hunting!

I'm a new member of the site,so nice to see you for the first time and welcome back !

Welcome to the site MarcusTheShadow!

• Like 1

Welcome back to console gaming. I myself returned with the release of a PS4 and have loved every second of it!

I think holding off until the specific games your into release is definitely the way to go however. Alot of people get bored with the current game line up. I personally haven't had the time to get bored. Way too many games to play and PS+ keeps hurling more at me every month! 

I haven't heard much about Playstation Now recently. It sounds really good but also like it could be very expensive.

Anyways, enjoy playing your PS3 again. Goodluck in your Trophy hunting!

Welcome to the site MarcusTheShadow!

Thanks Malfuras!