Sleeping Dogs: DE has bigger draw distances/volumetric fog/combat tweaks/native 1080p

From their community manager:

Now I know you're all hoping I'll have an update on Triad Wars for you, but just to manage expectations - I don't have any information about it myself at present as information about it is being tightly controlled (even internally) and i'm not involved with it myself. Suffice to say that it's being worked and that the Definitive Edition hasn't impacted it's development in any way. :)

We've increased the overall resolution of the game so it's now natively running in 1080p. The textures have also had their resolutions increased as draw distances have been increased as well, making things sharper! Add to this volumetric fog to represent the humidity of Hong Kong and hopefully you'll have the background of your dreams ;)

Certain aspects have been tweaked but we've tried to maintain the integrity of the original game so you won't see massive changes. The difficulty of certain bits was changed and adjusted a few bits in combat (such as the counter window time). The camera, vehicles and physics have also seen their fair share of love as well and so have the DLCs.

Sleeping Dogs is kind of old to be released for PS4. I thought they were only doing that for games that came out last year?

reactions-monkey-joke-drums-drum-not-fun

603159794.gif?1340335112

Who are you to question SQ decision to once again squeeze money out of games who are starving for new content by releasing yet another remaster?

It's really weird to be making a 'remaster' of a 2 year old game that had an amazing looking PC port to begin with. It screams of Square-Eidos.

Just make a damn sequel. I really hope they don't use this to try to 'gauge an interest.'

Been waiting for a definitive version of this game to come along.

I've wanted this game since it was first announced as True crime 3, but with all the DLC that came out I thought I would wait for the Full package.

I didn't think it would take this long to be honest... 

Seeing as I don't have a PS4 yet that wait will be even longer now.