A good shmup on the vita for a newcomer?

Spazcannon

Shmups are something I didn't grow up on but looking at them now seeing how fun they looks makes me want to get started. I'm looking for a good first time shmup for my vita. I was thinking of trying sine mora out but I haven't made a final decision yet.

I would prefer one with trophies but it's not mandatory. Any difficulty is good, even the most tooth grinding difficulty, though preferably not too hard starting out.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. :)

Edited by Spazcannon

The Gradius collection would be great for you but that is only compatiable with the psp only. Sine Mora is the only one at the moment. Raiden 4 overkill is on ps3 and news today confirmed Raiden 5, so you have to hope it comes onto ps vita. 

Edit: Raiden 5 for now is Xbox One exclusive but there is hope. 

Edited by ZeroXOF
  • Like 1

Flying Hamster HD (horizontal)

Velocity Ultra (vertical)

Big Sky Infinity (horizontal)

Floating Cloud God Saves the Pilgrims in HD (horizontal)

Some pretty good PS Minis shmups...WTF: Who's That Flying?! , A Space Shooter for 2 Bucks, and Next Space. Not sure if these can be loaded directly onto the Vita (Next Space can't) but if you download them to a PS3 and transfer them to the Vita before installing them on the PS3 (when they are still in the bubble) then they load fine onto the Vita.

Sine Mora can be quite difficult especially when trophy hunting

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 1