How difficult are the DLCs?

PyreAero

• 2 years later...

The DLC consists out of a Critical Urgency pack and a Dual Core pack. None of them have any mission like 47 and I'm certain there is not one mission that is longer than two minutes (gold time). That being said, some levels are indeed harder than in the main game, but since you are experienced, you should still be able to do them pretty comfortably. 

• 9 months later...

The first four levels of Critical Urgency aren't bad, and easily doable if you already played levels 40 - 50 in the main game. Five and six require a lot of teleporting and hitting switches rapidly, which I have great difficulty with.

Dual Core has easier levels overall. The only troublesome ones are the critical levels, you definitely need to teleport back and forth between your ships so you get all the survivors. Personally I can't do it on my PS4 controller, I may have to play on the Vita to get perfect on those levels.

In case anybody is wondering why I don't have Velocity 2X, it's because I'm playing it on an alt to test it out before I decide to put a difficult game on my main.