Gifting Games?

Dreakon13

So... I have a $100 Prepaid Mastercard gift card.  I know my brother is going to get Dragon Age Inquisition when it comes out.  I kind of want to preorder it for him just as a nice gesture, since I'm at a loss for what to spend this on since my original idea (unrelated) isn't panning out.

Since he got his PS4, he said he is going all digital, which means any kind of preordering would have to be done on PSN.  Otherwise I would just run to Gamestop, preorder it and leave the receipt on his desk.

I have a PS3, not a PS4.  He only has a PS4.  What options do I have for doing this... without literally telling him that I'm going to do it, making him sign onto PSN onto his account and punching in the mastercard information.  Is there any way to buy the game on my account and send it to his account?  He would never let me do this if he knew about it beforehand.  I want/need it to be a surprise.

Is there anything I can do?

Thanks guys!

Edited by Dreakon13

Really?  Balls... reading that page it doesn't sound like what I'm looking for.  The fact they don't even officially charge you until it's out sounds way too non-committal.

Maybe I can sneak into his place and just go on his PS4 myself and try to do preorder it on his machine at some point before he gets home from work... assuming he has it set up to auto sign him in, and there's no password verifications along the way lol.  If he currently uses PayPal, how much would it screw up his current payment schemes if I try and use this Mastercard giftcard as a one time thing?  Trying to do it without being completely noticable.

Or maybe I can just snag what email he uses for his PSN account.  I could probably guess his password and just buy it from my PC. :lol:

Sony could take a page from Valve's book when it comes to this stuff...

Edited by Dreakon13

Provided you can access his account, you could just use the Mastercard to purchase PSN credit through GameStop or Amazon, and then redeem that onto his account and purchase DA:I with it.

That's not a half bad idea.  I'm sure if there's an option to auto-sign in on the PS4, he's probably using it, so hopefully it's as simple as turning it on.  I could get three $20 PSN cards, redeem them to his account and boom... I'm golden.  As long as there's no sales tax. xD

EDIT: Which there doesn't seem to be based on my past purchases.  But I can never remember lol.

Edited by Dreakon13

Provided you can access his account, you could just use the Mastercard to purchase PSN credit through GameStop or Amazon, and then redeem that onto his account and purchase DA:I with it.

This is what I did when I wanted to buy a friend a copy of Oddworld: New n' Tasty. 

If you want to keep it a secret, you will need access to his PS4 or PSN account. Redeem the credit using the 12 digit key, then purchase the pre-order of the game. He will have a nice surprise when he gets an email thanking him for his purchase. He will then panic, and come on here making threads like: I got hacked! Help! etc etc. ;)

Doesn't he like a good old physical copy?

He used to, and if it were me, I would go physical copy all day long.

But he's like me in a different way, he's OCD and likes his game collection to be consistent.  Which I can certainly appreciate.  Since he's already started going digital, he made his choice for this generation (whenever possible). :lol:

EDIT: Between car troubles and work, I'm having trouble getting out before he does to poke around his PS4.  If I can ever manage to do this, I'll let you guys know how it plays out lol.

Edited by Dreakon13