Why is it $80?

Dreakon139

So I'm kind of digging the idea of stopping at the local music store, possibly this weekend, and investing a little money on a "starter" electric guitar bundle. Apparently they are rather affordable ($200 or so).

Since I'm considering doing that, of course one of the first thoughts is this nifty Rocksmith game to help me learn!

Two questions, why is this $80 new at Gamestop... just for the game? Is it because it includes that little cable as well? That's a relatively tough pill to swallow.

Also, should I be concerned about what guitar I get, or will any one I get work just as good as any others?

Thanks!

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Got the gloss black epichone less paul beginner guitar kit and have heard from more than one musician that it is a fantastic guitar to start with and you really cannot beat the price of 200 bucks for what you get in a very nice guitar pack. Although my guitar knowledge is limited at best or a big 0 if I am being truly honest. You will likely need to do your homework and bring some dedication to learning I have also heard from more than one musician that they wished they had this when they were learning. So I am trying to make my diapered little boys dream into a reality and putting this to use to learn how to play a real guitar myself. I highly recommend this to anyone curious about playing as well as any skill level. If it is an electric guitar it will work with this game as every guitar I have ever seen utilizes the same audiou plug that plugs into the guitar. Also the tiny amp that comes in the package delivers some pretty huge sound for its size. With the package I got I would say worth every penny. Also anyone with limited experience like myself looking to make a few rockin friends to help with the learning process by all means send me a shout.