Grounded Mode | Hotel Basement

skiptracing

Hey everyone, I'm kinda stuck here. I haven't got much supplies (1 health kit and a couple of bullets.) I'm in the Hotel Basement part, and what I do is, I would take the keycard, kill the four runners using the throw brick and smash head off with a pipe strategy. Then I would go and try to open the door, so I wouldn't have to later. I run to the generator and turn it on. That's when all hell breaks loose, and I got a couple of runners and a bloater on me before I can even get to the door to use the keycard.

Any help would be great. I've been stuck here for a while and it's kinda frustrating, the hardest part yet in Grounded Mode. The best I've done yet, is kill three of the runners and get a couple of shots at the bloater. I'm still trying to do this part with no progress.

Thanks.

Edited by HolyFad

I don't really think there's supposed to be a strategy for it :P Get the keycard, run straight to the generator and then run like fuck to the door. I didn't have any issues with it during my Grounded run. As a rule of thumb for that area it's better to just run rather than fight.

Edited by MrManBuz
  • Like 1

Sorry for this being very vague but I completed Ground months ago and don't remember the whole game but as I remember:

You make you sure you get the keycard first, do not activate the generator before you have it, you will see if you have it by going to your backpack. You can find it upstairs from the generator in a far side room. Up here, you will find 4 infected (Not sure on name, stalkers I think?), make sure you deal with these before activating generator. Pick up the keycard then kill them all, use a combination of bottles which you find around you and a melee weapon to one hit kill them all. Although with situations you may need to use firearms too. Once you've done that, you go to generator, then DON'T go up stairs yet, look to see if the bloater is coming for you and when he's CLOSE, ONLY then (Risky but essential for avoiding him at locked door), you must run up the stairs behind you and run to the door as fast you can, equip your shotgun, I had to kill one or two runners or stalkers (Can't remember which) before I got to the door, as soon as your at the door, OPEN IT and once you're through, you're safe.

I remember it taking a few times before I relised that I could do it like this, this method isn't safe though, you may still need to shotgun a couple. Shotgun is usually one hit kill, if you're close. Don't attack the bloater at all! Not worth it.

I haven't done Grounded yet, but on Survivor I just ran for the door!

What's the fifth show on your sig?

Edited by SoIidWoIf

I did it! (I used almost all my supplies.) Well not really. I got to the door, used the card, and opened the door and I went in. I was killed by one of the bloater bomb things AFTER I went in the door. It was some sort of glitch, the game reloaded, and I loaded after the part AND I got all my supplies back. Any way, thanks for the tips!

Good luck if you ever try to do it! 
Edited by HolyFad

Use bricks and bottles to take out the 4 runners after you have nabbed the keycard. Then collect another brick/bottle from the area.

Turn on the generator. Then sneak up the ramp (fallen ceiling) to the floor above. Once you make it to the door, run to the end of the corridor. You may have a runner to deal with, if so, use your brick then melee him.

Then run to the next corridor, to the end, try the door, use the keycard, then open the door. The bloater should be just coming to the top of the corridor as you try the door the second time.

There's a video guide here. Skip to 48:47.

• Like 2

I did it! (I used almost all my supplies.) Well not really. I got to the door, used the card, and opened the door and I went in. I was killed by one of the bloater bomb things AFTER I went in the door. It was some sort of glitch, the game reloaded, and I loaded after the part AND I got all my supplies back. Any way, thanks for the tips!

The same glitch worked for me on my Hard playthrough on PS3! Good to see it still works!  B)