Your Mortal Kombat X wishlist?

willmill97

What do you want to see from the new Mortal Kombat coming out next year?

These are my wishes!:

1) Bring in some characters that died in Mortal Kombat 9

How can we have a Mortal Kombat game without Lui Kang? :o Those that have played MK9 will know practically half the game's cast died in the space of about 30 seconds, mainly from the bitch Sindel. I really hope we get to see Lui Kang, Kung Lao, Jax, Kitana and others return in 1 form or another! 

2) A fun Tower Mission Mode like in MK9, not like STAR LABS in Injustice -

Admittedly, STAR Labs weren't that fun overall, some were just ridiculously pointless like the Catwoman's cat laser dodge mission or the Flash run around the globe mission, just utterly pointless. MK9's tower missions on the other hand were really fun and I can't say there was one boring mission at all! Keep it like this and everything is good! I also didn't really like the idea of 10 missions per character in Injustice...

3) A Story as good as MK9! -

This doesn't need much talking about, but MK9's story was really good, and I hope they can make MKX's as good as it! I just hope they don't have filler fights like Johnny Cage vs Sonya Blade on the bridge, y'all know what I mean.....

4) No Level Interactions

While these work in Injustice, I don't think they'll work in Mortal Kombat... However, I'd still like to see transitions, just nerf them down A LOTTTTT!

5) Fatalities and Xrays that will make me puke -

Yep. I want to see the goriest shit ever put into a game!

6) More Guest character DLC -

I know most people will disagree here, but I loved having Kratos and Freddy Kruger in MK9! Let's hope for some more!

7) A decent, difficult, NON GRINDY trophy list with some online trophies

I want to see a list just like MK9's WITHOUT MKFIS, I REPEAT WITHOUT MKFIS, just make the tower missions a biiiit more challenging and I'll be satisfied. And online trophies like (the one I'm looking forward to doing in Injustice), 'Play 200 Online Matches', because all you have to do, is have fun and decapitate nOOBS! Heck, make it 'Play 1000 Online Matches' and I'll be happy. I know I said no grindy trophies, but I mainly mean trophies like Level 100 on Injustice where you have to sit there and spam R1 for hours on end. (Not looking forward to that...) Any fun grindy trophies are fine by me. 

Edited by willmill97
  • Like 4

Pretty good list. 

Interactive environments are already confirmed to be in the game. Ed Boon has also confirmed that characters that died in MK (2011) can still return for MKX.

Personally what I want to see is:

* Better character balance

As the previous MK evolved the tournament scene started looking pretty stale. You would see the same 8-12 characters every single time. Make every character viable in competitive play.

Change the Blocking from a simple button press to holding back

One of the things I never liked about MK games (even though I love the games themselves) is the fact that blocking is too easy. If they switch it up to where you have to block by holding the opposite direction of the opponent it opens up more opportunities for mix-ups and mind games.

Long term support

One thing that kills fighting games is when patches stop. The community losses interest knowing that the top character will be that way forever without any more possible buffs or nerfs coming our way. Long term patches can make the game stay interesting and fresh for a longer period of time. If Mortal Kombat still had patches I would still be playing the online every day.

Shinnok, Fujin, Bo-Rai-Cho, and Meat

Just some characters I really want to see in the game

* A mission/combo mode similar to the one in UMVC3/SF4

They can be helpful to have a better idea of what each character can do and they're a pretty neat challenge. 

Better netcode

It wasn't horrible in the last MK but it could be better. I had many issues where I was close to getting a Flawless VIctory in ranked but suddenly got hit because my screen lagged for a moment.....not cool.

Those are the things I want to see the most. Great Finishing moves, and an awesome story are pretty much a given at this point. The game is looking great. The folks at Netherrealm studios really know what they're doing and it seems like they get better at making a polished fighting game with each one they make. GET HYPED!

• Like 2

What do you want to see from the new Mortal Kombat coming out next year?

These are my wishes!:

1) Bring in some characters that died in Mortal Kombat 9

How can we have a Mortal Kombat game without Lui Kang? :o Those that have played MK9 will know practically half the game's cast died in the space of about 30 seconds, mainly from the bitch Sindel. I really hope we get to see Lui Kang, Kung Lao, Jax, Kitana and others return in 1 form or another! 

2) A fun Tower Mission Mode like in MK9, not like STAR LABS in Injustice -

Admittedly, STAR Labs weren't that fun overall, some were just ridiculously pointless like the Catwoman's cat laser dodge mission or the Flash run around the globe mission, just utterly pointless. MK9's tower missions on the other hand were really fun and I can't say there was one boring mission at all! Keep it like this and everything is good! I also didn't really like the idea of 10 missions per character in Injustice...

3) A Story as good as MK9! -

This doesn't need much talking about, but MK9's story was really good, and I hope they can make MKX's as good as it! I just hope they don't have filler fights like Johnny Cage vs Sonya Blade on the bridge, y'all know what I mean.....

4) No Level Interactions

While these work in Injustice, I don't think they'll work in Mortal Kombat... However, I'd still like to see transitions, just nerf them down A LOTTTTT!

5) Fatalities and Xrays that will make me puke -

Yep. I want to see the goriest shit ever put into a game!

6) More Guest character DLC -

I know most people will disagree here, but I loved having Kratos and Freddy Kruger in MK9! Let's hope for some more!

7) A decent, difficult, NON GRINDY trophy list with some online trophies

I want to see a list just like MK9's WITHOUT MKFIS, I REPEAT WITHOUT MKFIS, just make the tower missions a biiiit more challenging and I'll be satisfied. And online trophies like (the one I'm looking forward to doing in Injustice), 'Play 200 Online Matches', because all you have to do, is have fun and decapitate nOOBS! Heck, make it 'Play 1000 Online Matches' and I'll be happy. I know I said no grindy trophies, but I mainly mean trophies like Level 100 on Injustice where you have to sit there and spam R1 for hours on end. (Not looking forward to that...) Any fun grindy trophies are fine by me. 

First, going down your list:

1 - Disagree.  Would rather them hit the reset button and bring in more creative new characters.  Having some of the old guard is fine but I would rather dead mean dead, just for canon purposes.

2 - Agree.  I didn't play hardly any of the Injustice missions but the tower missions were pretty fun.

3 - Agree!!  Agree!! Agree!!  The inclusion of story mode in MK9 has, in my opinion, set a new standard for fighting games and should be a staple of the series.

4 - Disagree.  From the gameplay I've seen environmental interactions are already there and they look fine.

5 - Agree.  Bring it on!!  So far they look like they're turning it up to 11 as well.  There's been videos of a couple fatalities (I think there's even a thread here) and it's apparently on!!

6 - Agree.  As long as the inclusion has some sort of explanation.  Don't want a plastic "here he/she is because they're cool" type of insertion.

7 - Indifferent.  trophies are cool and all but when it comes to fighting games I just don't care.  At all.

The only thing I can think to add is better rewards for completing things like the tower.  When MK9 released there was a flash in the pan rumor that finishing the tower unlocked Shaolin Monks (which was an awesome ps2 brawler set in the MK universe), instead it was an almost nude Mileena... whoopie.

Edited by skidmarkgn

* A mission/combo mode similar to the one in UMVC3/SF4

They can be helpful to have a better idea of what each character can do and they're a pretty neat challenge. 

Oh my lord how could I forget this, this addition was the sole reason I made this thread and forgot to add it in! I want to see kombo challenges return from MK vs DC Universe AND a tower mission mode, that would be aweeesome! 

The only thing I can think to add is better rewards for completing things like the tower.  When MK9 released there was a flash in the pan rumor that finishing the tower unlocked Shaolin Monks (which was an awesome ps2 brawler set in the MK universe), instead it was an almost nude Mileena... whoopie.

I 100% agree, I just got all 720 stars in STAR labs on Injustice and got a goddamn The Flash costume, someone I never use... If it was me making the game, I'd make it so each character gets 1 more fatality that can only be performed if you have completed all missions.