Mah2c' Radiant Garden of Platinums

TwilightSpira

PLATINUM 190 - DOOM

1L474944.png

Date of Achievement : August 17 , 2018

Enjoyment :  8,5  Difficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : IDKFA/ A Toe into Madness

Doom 2016 is the forth title in the Doom franchise and the first outing since 2004 Doom 3. Doom 2016 act aa a reboot of the series, here we'll take the role of a unnamed space marine as he battles demonic forces from Hell that have being unleashed by Union Aerospace Corporation on a future colonized Mars. The game was also very different from the previous survival horror heavy Doom 3. Doom 2016 is a fast paced action packed title, closer to the first two games in the series released on the 90s. The game also introduced new mechanics such as environment traversals, a deep character upgrade system, runes challenges, collectibles and a new flashy execution know as "Glory Kills".

1808181819500103.jpg

Apart from the amazing single player campaign, Doom 2016 brings a new take on their not so fun Multiplayer, a new SnapMap, which allows players to build their own maps and post then online for other players to try it and as of 2018 a arcade mode, which is basically another take on all the original levels of the campaign with a point, score based gameplay, making a fast paced title even more frenetic. 

In the end Doom 2016 managed to be a very good reboot for the series, I won't lie as a horror fan the change of pace from Doom 3 was something that I really felt, but in the end they managed to blend it all in nicely, so it was okay. The Multiplayer is something that I always avoid and this time it wasn't different , gladly the amount of time needed for the plat is minimal so it didn't take more than 1 hour and half. Looking ahead, DoomGuy is already set to return, this time bringing forces from Hell to Earth, so gun up and unleash your power motherfuc.... Eternal!

PLATINUM 191 - TALES OF GRACES F

1Ld7eac3.png\

Date of Achievement : August 24 , 2018

Enjoyment :Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsHDifficult : 5,0

Hardest Trophy : A Gentlemanly Triumph 

Tales of Graces F is a enhanced version of the 2009 original Wii release. The game is set in a world know as Ephinea which is divided into three main countries, Windor, Stratha and Fendel. During the opening scenes of the game we are introduced to some main characters on their childhood, Asbel, Hubert and Cheria are three children of Lhant, a village within Windor. One day while playing on a nearby meadow they befriend a amnesiac girl, which they name her Solphie, on the same day they are visited by the prince of Windor, Richard, who befriends all of then. Later that day, Richard invites all of then to Barona, capital of Windor which Richard is Prince. There while exploring the catacombs they are attacked by a unknown creature and are gravely wounded, on a desperate attempt to save everyone, Solphie sacrifices herself. After regaining consciousness and already back at Lhant, Asbel learns of the demise of Solphie and the adoption of his younger brother into the Oswell family.  Daunted by the circumstances he is currently in, he rans away from home and enrolls in the Barona Knight Academy in hopes of becoming stronger. 

2rc4tgy.jpg 

As a enhanced and upgraded port of the original, Graces F introduces a new Accelerate Mode which is basically a trance mode in battle and a new chapter called Lineage and Legacies that takes place after the original story.

Graces F is a amazing entry, one that should be played by all fans of the series and JRPG lovers. 

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 192 - DARKSIDERS

1La6cebb.png

Date of Achievement : September 4 , 2018

Enjoyment : 8,5 Difficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : Aerial Predator/The True Horseman

Darksiders is a 2010 hack slash game developed by the the late duo Vigil games and THQ. The game takes inspiration from the four horseman of the apocalypse, here with War. 

Since the beginning of time, forces from hell and heaven have waged a war with neither obtaining advantages over the other, in time a mediator group called the Charred Council arose to maintain order and balance, in that time they created a brotherhood, the four horseman to enforce and intervene the laws whenever necessary. In the present day, War arrives on earth where the final battle has begun, armies of angels and demons wage war while the human race is caught in the middle, soon after War discovers that the other three horseman aren't present and the seal that protects the truce between realms has not been broken. In a desperate attempt to prevent further chaos, War battles Straga, the general of the demon's army and is defeated. The Charred Council saves War from Death and accuses him for being the bringer of the Apocalypse and the destruction of mankind. On a desperate attempt to prove his innocence he pledges for a chance to find the real culprits, the Council agrees upon some conditions, loss of power and bound to a servant that possesses the power to kill him if he strays from the mission.

PLATINUM 193 - DEAD ISLAND

1L8209ef.png

Date of Achievement : September 8 , 2018

Enjoyment : 7,5 Difficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : There and back again

Dead Island is a 2011 survival horror role playing game created and published by Techland. The game is set on a fictional Island know as Banoi, a tropical paradise destination located on the coast of Papua Guinea. On a regular day, the four main characters are awakened by a emergency call from the intercom system to evacuate the Hotal, soon after they discover that the majority of the population was overcome by some kind of contagious virus, turning all who comes in contact into flesh eating zombies. 

4l0s9k.jpg

As a open world experience, Dead Island gives the player the freedom to play how they want to, the game also has a full coop experience, where 4 players can automatically join other players party while on the vicinity of the mission. The core aspect of the game is combat, players have a gigantic variety of weapons and guns at their disposal, all ready to blow, cut and explode undead armies of zombies. Even trough all of this sounds awesome and fun, Dead Island was also struck with a deadly bug know as glitches, the game has tons of then and while being perfectly playable, they are really easy to spot on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2018 at 0:05 PM, Mah2c said:

PLATINUM 165 - SPEC OPS: THE LINE

1Lfe28f2.png

Date of achievement : January, 19, 2018

Enjoyment : 8,5  Difficult: 7,0

Hardest Trophy: MFWIC

Spec Ops: The Line is a third person shooter game developed by Yager Development and published by 2K in 2012. We take control of Captain Martin Walker, who is sent into a post-catastrophe Dubai with an elite Delta Force team on a recon mission. As the game progresses, we witness Walker's mental health deteriorates, as he begins to experience hallucinations and slowly realizes the horror of war. By the end of the game we will experience the full transformation of the so pride soldier into a broken illusion of what once was.

rrutk5.jpg

Spec Ops: The Line plays exactly like most third person shooters in the market, throughout the game we will encounter numerous enemies, tons of weapons and a few collectibles in form of Intel. As Walker we will also command a squad of two soldiers, by using a command over some enemies we can trigger our squad to focus on a specific target avoiding some heavy firing that may possible come at your way. The game also has 4 difficult settings, with FUBAR being the reason I gave a 7, at times you will few just as hopeless as the fallen Dubai, it's just so chaotic and very problematic at times.

By the end of my experience with the game, I can definitely recommend to any third person shooter fan, or those that enjoy chaotic action games. Spec Ops: The Line has a very good story mode and good visuals that will hook you up from start to finish.

FUBAR is frustrating, holy shit. It’s basically “fuck you, fuck you, fuck you” for like 30 - 50 minutes on some sections until you finally get to that checkpoint. 

Beginning of Chapter 6 is a goddamn nightmare. So unfair. 

Got a few chapters left but I think I need a break from FUBAR. 

Love the platinum posts you make. Probably still my favorite thread in this sub forum.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

FUBAR is frustrating, holy shit. It’s basically “fuck you, fuck you, fuck you” for like 30 - 50 minutes on some sections until you finally get to that checkpoint. 

Beginning of Chapter 6 is a goddamn nightmare. So unfair. 

Got a few chapters left but I think I need a break from FUBAR. 

Love the platinum posts you make. Probably still my favorite thread in this sub forum.

Hey mate, thanks for the kind words :D really appreciated. 

As for spec ops I totally feel you, FUBAR has some insane segments, specially for those that aren't master when it comes to shooting games. Thankfully this one is in third person, I get motion sickness with first person rather quickly so I glad this one wasn't one, awesome game trough. 

13 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Hey mate, thanks for the kind words :D really appreciated. 

As for spec ops I totally feel you, FUBAR has some insane segments, specially for those that aren't master when it comes to shooting games. Thankfully this one is in third person, I get motion sickness with first person rather quickly so I glad this one wasn't one, awesome game trough. 

You ought to play the first Shadow Warrior.

PLATINUM 195 - DRAGON QUEST XI : ECHOES OF A ELUSIVE AGE

1Ldb047f.png

Date of Achievement : September 24 , 2018

Hardest Trophy : Ultimate Enlightenment/Dedicated Follower of Fashion

orhvki.jpg

Absolutely fantastic, this game has everything a JRPG should have, great turn based gameplay, a lengthy and engaging story, likeable characters and tons, tons of content. 

Square Enix really delivered with this one, kind of ironic trough, this game was announced and then released without much hype, AKA Final Fantasy XV and in the end stomps on the former in all aspects even trough the former is one of my favorite franchises ever. 

Bravo, GOTY contender. 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 2:11 AM, Mah2c said:

PLATINUM 195 - DRAGON QUEST XI : ECHOES OF A ELUSIVE AGE

1Ldb047f.png

Date of Achievement : September 24 , 2018

Hardest Trophy : Ultimate Enlightenment/Dedicated Follower of Fashion

orhvki.jpg

Absolutely fantastic, this game has everything a JRPG should have, great turn based gameplay, a lengthy and engaging story, likeable characters and tons, tons of content. 

Square Enix really delivered with this one, kind of ironic trough, this game was announced and then released without much hype, AKA Final Fantasy XV and in the end stomps on the former in all aspects even trough the former is one of my favorite franchises ever. 

Bravo, GOTY contender. 

Congrats bud :yay: , sounds like I should look into this game.

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 7:02 AM, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats bud :yay: , sounds like I should look into this game.

Thanks bud and yeah you should xD

The game is absolutely fantastic, the best JRPG this generation alongside Persona 5, it's 100 hour plus journey of pure fun. 

Oh and 3 mere months bud until Ragnarok :'')))

• 2 months later...

PLATINUM 196 - ROGUE GALAXY

1L12fd0f.png

Date of Achievement : December 14 , 2018

Enjoyment :  8,5 Difficult : 5,0

Hardest Trophy : Ghost Ship Conqueror/A Strong Constitution

Another solid entry from Level 5, awesome gameplay and engrossing story awaits all the future aspiring pirates. Just make sure you're well rested before the level 99 grind, it's boring, slow and so annoying. 

2rhbalx.jpg

Now Please Level 5 bring your classic Dragon Quest 8 to us via PS2 classics, don't let this awesome PS4 feature completely dry out, it deserves a Platinum, just like your best game Dark Cloud 2.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 197 - SHADOW OF THE TOMB RAIDER

1L8b9bc6.png

Date of Achievement : December 23 , 2018

Enjoyment :  9,0     Difficult : 5,0

Hardest Trophy : Deadly Obsession

2nu3adv.jpg

Even trough I liked Rise more, this one is such a great finale for Lara's origin story. This one also feels more of a Tomb Raider then all others from the reboot series, with more platforming segments, traps and tombs to explore. 

Hopefully this isn't the end for Tomb Raider, they definitely delivered with this trilogy. 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

PLATINUM 198 - SPIDER MAN

1La2014d.png

Date of Achievement : January 8 , 2018

Enjoyment :  9,0     Difficult : 3,0

Hardest Trophy : I Heart Manhattan

24gvoy1.jpg

First and foremost congratulations to Insomniac, what a fun and well made game. I was really surprised by how much heart they incorporated into the game, both Peter/Spider man segments are both equally fun and rewarding. 

Indeed one of the best games from 2018. 

• 4 weeks later...

PLATINUM 199 - RESIDENT EVIL 2

1L51af80.png

Date of Achievement : February, 2nd , 2019

Enjoyment :Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsHDifficult : 6,0

Hardest Trophy : Hardcore Rookie/College Student

Simply outstanding, Capcom is really on their renascence era. They really managed to remake this classic entry beautifully. 

I just hope they'll keep the streak going, Devil may cry is coming next month and the expansion for my favorite game last year in September. Good job Capcom 

qx8f7s.jpg

Lastly I really hope Capcom will continue to deliver with full fledged remakes like this one, Dino Crisis, Onimusha deserves this kind of love. Here hoping for Resident Evil 3 remake in the future.

1109bba.jpg

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, fabmorais_2011 said:

Capcom really rose from the ashes eh? I'm glad they put their act together :)

On a side note, I have a feeling you have a special 200th plat in store lol

Thanks for stopping by mate xD

Capcom really managed to redeem themselves, the streak of amazing games are almost surreal, let's hope they will keep delivering. 

As for the 200 you're not wrong xD the stars aligned and I will honor it with Kingdom Hearts 3. 

• Like 1

PLATINUM 200 - KINGDOM HEARTS 3 

1L773d3c.png

Date of Achievement : February 7 , 2019

Enjoyment :Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH   Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH(11)    Difficult : 4,0 (Proud)

Hardest Trophy : Know thy Enemy

2ltlsab.jpg

Oh yesss!! xD I have no words to express how grateful I am for being able to give this game this major milestone. Perfect timing!! 

As for Kingdom Hearts 3, amazing! It only took around 13 years for me, well I was waiting to witness the next chapter and if I recall correctly I played Kingdom Hearts 2 back in 2006. We had amazing games in between off course, mainly birth by sleep and Dream drop distance. One gave us a image for what would become the main perpetrator in the series, the other a glimpse of was yet to come in Kingdom Hearts 3. 

My only criticism and I do hope they addressed it in the future is the difficulty, no critical which is a shame. I always played on critical from the get go, specially on both PS3 collections, the other is the lack of a data like replicas super bosses, those were so so fun. Other than that simply amazing, gameplay is on point and the final clash and world is simply breathtaking.  

Oh and this was meant to be my plat image but off course I missed it, oh well. 

2dlnr7a.jpg

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 201 - INFAMOUS

1L6729ce.png

Date of Achievement : February 20 , 2019

Enjoyment : 8,0   Difficult : 5,0

Hardest Trophy : Rockhound/Stunt Master

20si246.jpg

it only took me 9 years and 6 months to finally plat this one.  :P

Infamous is still a very good game to this day, the gameplay is a bit annoying at times but overall it's still a very fun game. My ongoing journey towards wrapping old PS3 games is still kicking and I'm glad I was able to wrap this one up. 

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 202 - SPYRO THE DRAGON

1L891f42.png

Date of Achievement : March, 2nd , 2019

Enjoyment : 8,5   Difficult : 3,0

Hardest Trophy : I'm in the Money!

6yozy8.jpg

Such a cute and well made remaster. While I was playing I had so many memories from the old golden era of N64 platformers which I miss so much, those were indeed THE days :D. Nevertheless I'm beyond grateful and happy that they decided to bring Crash and Spyro back, feels good being a kid again. 

•  

PLATINUM 203 - SPYRO 2 : RIPTO'S RAGE

1L3f1abf.png

Date of Achievement : March, 6 , 2019

Enjoyment : 9,0   Difficult : 3,0

Hardest Trophy : He's on FIRE!

71o8xz.jpg

Here it comes the first sequel to one of the most beloved PS1 platformers. Spiro 2 was the first major upgrade for the series and it shows. More characters, bigger levels and challenges awaits you in this charming new entry. A fantastic remake from this classic from Insomniac. 

PLATINUM 204 - SPYRO 3 : YEAR OF THE DRAGON

1Lbc8c9f.png

Date of Achievement : March, 11 , 2019

Enjoyment : 9,0   Difficult : 3,0

Hardest Trophy : Sorceress Down!

14xpanr.jpg

Spyro 3 : year of the dragon wraps my nostalgia trip with a bang. Insomniac did a excellent job with this one and wrapped Spyro's original trilogy beautifully. Props to Toys for Bob for their incredible work on this remake and here hoping they'll continue this trend and eventually release new titles for both Crash and Spyro. 

xD

• 4 weeks later...

PLATINUM 205 - SEKIRO: SHADOWS DIE TWICE

1L4f87d9.png

Date of Achievement : April 7 , 2019

Enjoyment :Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH     Difficult : 6,0

Hardest Trophy : Man Without Equal

2ekqeps.jpg

Another fantastic effort from one of the best Japanese developers out there.

Sekiro is really a incredible game and again From Software showed how you create a new franchise.

The game really has everything and I do hope we'll experience more thrills with a future expansion/DLC. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't write on the Site anymore but i really had to stop here and write to you because this is probably the best Checklist i've ever seen in the Forum, Amazing reviews, Amazing games (Amazing taste too!) and great Screenshots.

Congrats on the Amazing Job And plats :yay:

• Like 1

PLATINUM 206 - MORTAL KOMBAT 11

Date of Achievement : June 9 , 2019

Enjoyment: 9,0      Difficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : Have we met/Victorious

2jan6e1.jpg

Such a awesome new entry, this new generation was such a gift to the series. Mk9 gave that extra humph that was missing for so long, MKX brought the best gameplay and 4 years later MK11 perfected.

Story mode was super fun, the clash of old and past selves were entertaining to watch.

Great Job NetherRealm, now deliver with those dlc characters and some new modes if possible. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

PLATINUM 207 - TALES OF BERSERIA

1L641a65.png

Date of Achievement : July 27 , 2019

Enjoyment: 9,5      Difficult : 4,0

Hardest Trophy : A Solid B

1907280519340105.jpeg

Another wonderful entry for this beloved series. Berseria surprised me the most for the story and characters; although I was a bit underwhelmed with Zestiria (still a good game), this entry elevated most of what was missing on the previous one. 

Super excited for Tales of Arise, hoping for a bright future for the series. 

• Like 2