Mah2c' Radiant Garden of Platinums

TwilightSpira

PLATINUM 130 - KINGDOM HEARTS DREAM DROP DISTANCE

1Lc082a4.png

Date of achievement : February,8, 2017

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH  Difficult: 6,0

Hardest Trophy: Record Keeper/Ability Ace

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD, is the latest game for this beloved series to be released on PS4. This time accompanied by Fragmentary Passage, a game that takes us even further when it comes to lore that will someday lead us to the "Shall not be released" game called Kingdom Hearts 3.

Dream Drop Distance tells the attempt of Riku and Sora in hopes of becoming true keyblade masters. Our favorite chaired master Yen Sid explains to our heroes, that Master Xehanort return is nigh, so for then to be able to overcome this predicament they must first dive deeper and release the worlds that are sleeping, this happens when both versions of the same world weren't successfully closed from both sides. Mastering, will grant then the power of wakening and thus being able to waken those who were once thought to be lost.

1702082351380126.jpg

Upon hearing, both heroes agrees to take the Mark of Mastery, leading then into diving deeper into those worlds in hopes of bringing then together again while mastering the power of awakening. Needless to say, Master Xehanort was aware of everything, and ready to take action, so will Sora and Riku return with the power of wakening? or will they fall in a wakeless dream?

Dream Drop Distance, just like most games in the series, allow us to travel between worlds, fight heartlesses, grab items and grind our way to the top. The same can be said for this entry which in my humble opinion is simply one of the best. The flowmotion technic, the addition of spirits and the freedom to play as Riku and Sora, makes this game almost on par with the masterpiece there is Kingdom hearts 2, sharing second alongside Birth by Sleep.

1702090000220120.jpg

Lastly, the game plays wonderfully, almost like a dream. The game flows perfectly without a single hiccup, looks beautiful and sounds incredible, making a easy one for me to recommend and best of all, write a guide for you guys. So dream, drop your fake pride and go for distance into this once tiny entry that shines brighter than most games in the series.

Edited by Mah2c

PLATINUM 131 - RESIDENT EVIL 7 : BIOHAZARD 

1L43843f.png

Date of achievement : February,12, 2017

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH  Difficult: 5,0

Hardest Trophy: Who's your daddy now?/Mad pelicans

Resident Evil 7 : Biohazard is the latest installment from the series, that for the first time plays like no other game from the main series before. This time you're at the center of the horror, feeling, seeing and experiencing the terror up close and personal. The result is actually a great game that somehow captures the essence of the masterful REmake and old school ones, managing to bring back all the sense of dread the series needed.

1702122240400100.jpg

Resident Evil 7 : Biohazard, tells the story of Ethan, a "ordinary" guy who finds himself amidst a unthinkable turn of events. Ethan somehow discovers that his missing wife from 3 years prior was possibly alive. Intrigued, he follows her directions, leading him to a derelict plantation located in Dulvey, Louisiana. Upon arrival, he sights a seemingly abandoned house, curious as we all would be, he breaks in, finding inside locked in a cage was his wife, Mia, who apparently seemed well but nervous that he indeed was real, rushing then to a near exit. As we all should expect by now, all wasn't as well as it seemed to be. Leading then both to a nightmarish struggle that would change their fate forever.

As the game progresses, we are introduced to those new set of characters, all of then equally as entertaining, intriguing and eager to show us what we signed up for. I was really surprised that they actually managed to make all of then work wonderfully, making this new game a authentic and very true entry for the series.

The game unlocks a awesome new mode called madhouse, upon completion, making the game way more fun to play, if you're like me that enjoys showing whose boss, don't let this game go without trying at least once, after all, with your soulmate there to impress, what would beat the feeling of showing who's the authentic and worthy daddy. 

In the end, Resident Evil 7 : Biohazard, managed to deliver everything the series needed for a overhaul, packed with great atmosphere, epic boss fights and constant sense of being stalked while playing madhouse, makes this platinum one hell of a ride that no fan should miss.

PLATINUM 132 - NIOH

1Le4b510.png

Date of achievement : March,7, 2017

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH  Difficult: 7,0

Hardest Trophy: Samurai of Legend

Nioh is the latest creation of Team Ninja, the same studio that brought us the incredible Ninja Gaiden series and the perfect relaxation game, called Xtreme Beach Volleyball. This time, the team behind those games decided to take a risk and developed a game that looks and feels like one of the masterpieces made by fromsoftware. However, there's not all, they successfully managed to develop a game that looks and feels like those games while being fresh and unexpected, so don't come here waiting to be ah, another clone, no is that and something more.

1703080056430087.jpg

Nioh takes place in the early 1600s during a fictionalized version of the Sengoku period, when Japan was in the midst of civil war prior to the ascension of the Tokugawa shogunate. We play as Willian, a pirate whose fate doens't look so bright, while being jailed for treason and faces execution. He however, has the company of a spirit named Saoirse, a spirit that has the power to always protect and bring his companion back to life. Shortly after coming out of his predicaments, William stumbles upon William Kelley, a insane madman that is currently in pursue of Japan's amrita, a incredible powerful artifact capable of ending a war. Leading our man, to the beginning of this incredible voyage.

Nioh plays and looks beautiful in action, the game does borrow some of the incredible gameplay from games created by fromsoftware, but somehow they managed to twist everything up and add a new flavor that makes the game shine on it's own. Needless to say, and as a huge fan of those games, I loved the game from the get go. Early on, you will feel trapped and unable to progress, however as you move forward and learn all there is to it, you will feel like a true samurai, capable of pulling out all kinds of combos and styles. 

By the end of this long and satisfying journey, you will feel like you're truly a master Samurai. This perilous path will ultimately lead you to on besting all your masters, possibly steel the heart of the Ninja hard to get lass, and be the true and worthy "Benevolent King" of the lands.

This is the end of you 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 133 - NIER AUTOMATA 

1Lbb991b.png

Date of achievement : March,17, 2017

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH  Difficult: 5,0

Hardest Trophy: Transcendent Being

Nier Automata is the latest creation from PlatinumGames and the first game from the franchise to feature the masters of combat and frenetic gameplay. The premise however is well know, set on a post apocalyptic earth, midst a proxy war between machines and androids, we are the last remnants of humanity, tasked to cleanse this decayed world of the grasps of their invaders. The truth however, is well hidden and buried within, one that will shake the inner core of existence itself.  

1703172041210081.jpg

As previously mentioned and for most games made from PlatinumGames, expect this one to be a mesmerizing and frenetic experience when it comes to combat and gameplay. At times i really thought they achieved perfect with Bayonetta and Metal Gear Revengeance, but the truth is that there's no limits for those guys. The gameplay is fluid, frenetic, fun and beautiful, not to mention Bootylicious, i mean,

Apart from all the visual goodies, the story actually manages to keep everything erected as well. Divided into three main courses, you will discover and unveil the story from the eyes of all the main protagonists, each with their own strenghts and weaknesses, that in the end really feels and plays differently from one another. So don't abandon the game after finishing for the first time, you will be surprised with how amazing the last one is.

Apart from the amazing back side story of 2B, the trophies can still prove to be a good challenge if you don't take the rather odd alternative path. Playing on normal and hard delivered a great experience, the feeling of conquering all the threats without the help of the auto assist really felt good, and the amount of buttons needed was indeed a blast.

Lastly i can definitely see myself returning to the game again in the future, this game is another example of how blessed we are with the excellence of Playstation gaming, a culmination of how incredible and fascinating our future in gaming will be.

Spoiler

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 2

PLATINUM 135 - SHADOW COMPLEX REMASTERED

1La34644.png

Date of achievement : March,27, 2017

Enjoyment : 9,0   Difficult: 6,0

Hardest Trophy: ChAIRness

Shadow Complex Remastered, as the name implies is a remastered version of the same game released way back in 2009 exclusively for Xbox 360. Developed by Chair Entertainment and Epic games, this awesome Metroid style game finally sees the life of day on PS4 7 years later and the result, is a game you just can't miss.

The game plays in 2.5 format, for the most part, it indeed plays like a old school Metroid game, and since that one is one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, it was no surprise i had lots of fun exploring each square of the map, finding all the power ups, and becoming a fully armed walking army.

1703260149460130.jpg

We play as Jason Fleming, a regular average Joe that is currently enjoying a day out with his new girl around Olympic Mountains. Needless to day, and by proving once again that girls knows how to seduce and enchant us, he soon discovers that Clare was more than she seems to be, leading our a alpha man into pursuing the truth behind all of this.  

As a Metroidvania game, expect to start with barely any resources, you must explore, fight and conquer if you want to survive and impress your new girl. The platinum is actually a very fun challenge, even trough insane has some tough moments, is far from being impossible, it's actually a very fair experience, the speedrun however is another story, and the requirement for the plat lifts the difficulty level a bit.

In the end, Shadow Complex Remastered still a wonderful game, i really recommend to any player that enjoy Metroidvaniai games or wants a fun and enjoyable new game. Be ChAIRness

1703260203370127.jpg

• Like 2

Damn Mah2c you have been slaying these platinums lately :) I really want to get Horizon soon as it looks awesome but I am still yet to start with Kingdom Hearts yet .... hmmm which would you suggest I start with for when I come back from my holiday? 

• Like 1

Damn dude you've been getting a lot of awesome platinums lately. You certainly got an excellent taste when it comes down to video games. I'd love to play all of those games but I rarely pay full price so yeah seems like I have to wait as usual lol. :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, audiopile said:

You've been busy!  How much time per day do you get to play?  

Hey mate, thanks for stopping by :D I usually play only in the evening. Gladly my time to work for money is very flexible so I can stay up for a bit longer. I usually play around 3-4 hour each night. 

1 hour ago, Razza said:

Damn Mah2c you have been slaying these platinums lately :) I really want to get Horizon soon as it looks awesome but I am still yet to start with Kingdom Hearts yet .... hmmm which would you suggest I start with for when I come back from my holiday? 

Hey razza, :) well you're talking to kingdom Hearts lover here, so you're probably know my answer :P. Regardless of choice, know that both are amazing, I really enjoyed horizon, they managed to deliver a very good game and for being their first rpg, a major thumbs up is deserved 

56 minutes ago, Floriiss said:

Damn dude you've been getting a lot of awesome platinums lately. You certainly got an excellent taste when it comes down to video games. I'd love to play all of those games but I rarely pay full price so yeah seems like I have to wait as usual lol. :P 

Thanks buddy :) well you know me, between lessons from master zajac and my own personal love of games, I'm sure I'm bound to awesome display in taste :P Hahaha. All of then deserves your time, whenever you have the time and money play then, nioh is awesome, nier is amazing to look at and play too, horizon is beautiful :D

Stay tuned though, 2 are coming in April and I would love to receive your feedback, the already pre ordered persona 5 and yooka laylee. 

• Like 2

So, one of my favorite series comes to a breathtaking end. What a amazing dlc, is indeed bittersweet trough, because I'll deeply miss the series, but at least the legacy lives on. New games like Nioh being successful, proves that the core gameplay will keep coming, so I'm happy, thank you FromSoftware :D

• 1 month later...

PLATINUM 136 - PERSONA 5

1Lf68317.png

Date of achievement : May,5th, 2017

Enjoyment : Kingdom_Hearts_tattoo_design_by_XxSoRAsH  Difficult: 4,0

Hardest Trophy: Beyond Rehabilitation/Great Phantom Thieves Convene

"I am Thou, Thou Art I, We the Phantom Thieves, shall take your distorted desires and expose your true nature to the world" .

As this echoes throughout our minds, we are introduced to the wonderful world of Persona 5, the latest installment from this incredible JRPG franchise.

In Persona 5, we take the role as silent protagonist, a not so ordinary young men falsely charged of attempted assault. Needless to say, his failed heroic attempt of justice led him into Probation, resulting in expulsion from his school and ultimately his home town.

As a attempt of clearing his criminal record, he is transferred to a foster home for a year, in hopes of proving his innocence. 

kcmsci.gif

Soon upon his arrival, he is "welcomed" by a eerie app. Unaware of his current situation, he tries to get of it, only to be followed by a ghastly apparition that softly whispers I Am Thou, Thou Art I. Come Arsene!

Persona 5 plays just like his predecessors, we as the silent protagonist, must form social links, here confidants, in hopes of wakening their true strengths. Besides the social aspects, we must travel across Palaces, uncover the truth, and steal the treasures within, leading the corrupted to a change of heart. As a RPG, all the fun is here. the game is full of discoveries, things to do and sights to see.

In the end Persona 5 truly captured everything that made Persona 4 such a remarkable game and truly perfected it. By the end of my 145 hours for the plat, not a single "meh" thought crossed through my mind, matter of fact, it made me sad the game actually came to a end. Yeah is this good

hwwc2d.gif

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 137 - YOOKA LAYLEE

1L90fa50.png

Date of achievement : May,13, 2017

Enjoyment : 9,0  Difficult: 3,0

Hardest Trophy: From someone else's book

Yooka Leylee is the first game from Playtonic Games, a team comprised of a long forgotten team of keen minds from Rare. This time however, unlike the good old days of N64, they had to prove that those memories from when we were kids would still work nowadays. The result is a charming, nostalgic and a all around fun game that reminds us how care free and peaceful a game can be when it has a heart of child in it.

v657oz.jpg

As a Platformer, expect the game to have all those things that made the genre so well know of. Yooka Laylee actually feels like a old N64 game in both controls and worlds layouts, although I would go even further, by saying that the game not only shares those similarities, but they also managed to deliver a good representation of how and why they were like this in the first place. 

2rggyzb.jpg

At least from a perspective of how and if those games would still work nowadays, my honest response is yes. Yeah, those games may feel old school and somewhat clumsy at times, but we have to remember that we also grew up in the process, that with today flashy and edgy technology, we subconsciously left those charming games in the past, leading to a almost extinction of Platformer games.

In the end, Playtonic Games managed to bring joy and new ideas for the genre with Yooka Laylee. I just hope this is a new beginning for the genre and not a single voyage to a forgotten golden age know as childhood.

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PLATINUM 138 - COLOR GUARDIANS

1Lc40d9d.png

Date of achievement : May,25, 2017

Enjoyment : 7,5  Difficult: 3,0

Hardest Trophy: You shall not pass

Color Guardians is a endless runner created by Fair Play Labs, the game plays like most endless runners that are very popular among "smartphone gamers". The premise of the game and the actual story are very simple, as the guardians of colors we are intrusted in bringing back life into the land, where darkness continues to spread taking all the life from it

1705262153360108.jpg

Apart from the simple premise of the game, the actual gameplay is actually very fun and delivers some fun moments. The plat however is very simple and probably won't be troublesome for most people, funny because the game actually has potencial to be a great challenge, they just avoided that route, getting diamond stars or even 3 gold stars in all levels would elevate the plat considerably. Guess they aimed for "smartphone gamers", so let's just leave it a that.

The game on Vita runs smooth apart from some crashes along the way, so those that are short tempered be aware of those shortcomings. Aside from that, just enjoy this lighthearted adventure, the actual World would vastly benefit by adding some new colors and bursts of happiness

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1

Excellent, excellent thread. Lots of detail and images that help detail your point of view.

Color Guardians is on my backlog but just haven't gotten around to it. Looks relatively simple and seems like it appeals to kids, which I'm completely fine with. Will play sometime in the next month or two.

Horizon Zero Dawn will be a milestone platinum. I have the vanilla Playstation 4 and I felt that Horizon wouldn't look quite as good on the original console. It still looks utterly amazing.

Yooka Laylee is an interesting one. As a 10 - 12 year old kid I never had the opportunity to play the Crash Bandicoot series on the Playstation 1. However I played a ton of Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64. I am good enough on Super Mario to get all the stars in the game, including the ones that require a set number of coins on each world. Would you recommend I get this title?

I still have yet to play through Bloodborne but I've been put off by the difficult. Maybe I just need to go further into the game.

But all in all, very good profile and impressive thread here. I've been trying to improve on my own but just haven't had the time.

Best of luck in your future games to platinum.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-26 at 5:51 PM, Spaz said:

Excellent, excellent thread. Lots of detail and images that help detail your point of view.

Color Guardians is on my backlog but just haven't gotten around to it. Looks relatively simple and seems like it appeals to kids, which I'm completely fine with. Will play sometime in the next month or two.

Horizon Zero Dawn will be a milestone platinum. I have the vanilla Playstation 4 and I felt that Horizon wouldn't look quite as good on the original console. It still looks utterly amazing.

Yooka Laylee is an interesting one. As a 10 - 12 year old kid I never had the opportunity to play the Crash Bandicoot series on the Playstation 1. However I played a ton of Super Mario 64 and Donkey Kong 64. I am good enough on Super Mario to get all the stars in the game, including the ones that require a set number of coins on each world. Would you recommend I get this title?

I still have yet to play through Bloodborne but I've been put off by the difficult. Maybe I just need to go further into the game.

But all in all, very good profile and impressive thread here. I've been trying to improve on my own but just haven't had the time.

Best of luck in your future games to platinum.

Thanks for the kind words my friend. My checklist was once more detailed, but before the last main update I had to cut some texts because back then there was a limit, forcing me to rewrite some of my old texts. Then the update came and some of the older plat images started to disappear because of the different encrypted layout from the site :P haha. 

As for the games, I'm sure you're feel right at home, Yooka plays just like those old school games you mentioned. Later next month we can be both revisit or visit for the first time, the wondrous world of old platformer gaming with Crash :P

Lastly please play bloodborne, my goty of 2015 alongside Witcher 3. Play Nioh too whenever you can 

Edited by Mah2c
  • Like 1