RE HD Remake Discussion / Q&A

Shirrako

Soo I have the game on PS3, So far it plays amazing and the animations are more smooth and seem to be slightly faster, the loading is also greatly imrproved over the GC version.

here is a video of me playing the game

If you have any questions about the game then feel free to ask, I will answer as soon as possible!

Wait, what?! I thought the game wouldn't come out until 2015!
Well, I'll watch your video now anyways, as I want to see what's what in the re-remake, as I plan on getting the game, but I'll be getting it for the PS4, so it'll be awhile until I get to try it out.

Wait, what?! I thought the game wouldn't come out until 2015!

Well, I'll watch your video now anyways, as I want to see what's what in the re-remake, as I plan on getting the game, but I'll be getting it for the PS4, so it'll be awhile until I get to try it out.

I think it's out in Japan.

I heard that the Hong Kong version has English subs and dubs, so that'd be my guess this is what this is.  Probably off PSN.

Oh. I immediately thought of Japan as well, but once I saw the game had subs and dubs, I was a bit confused. Well, if it's as what you say, then it's probably the Hong Kong version, and was bought off PSN.

Oh. I immediately thought of Japan as well, but once I saw the game had subs and dubs, I was a bit confused. Well, if it's as what you say, then it's probably the Hong Kong version, and was bought off PSN.

Just looked at ebay really quick for this.  It looks like this is the HK version

Version:  HK Region Free Version

Voice: English, Japanese

Subtitle: English, Japanese, French, Italian, German Spanish 

Format: Region Free can play on all PS3 consoles  

• Like 1

This isn't the HK version, it's the japanese version, I was suprised to see that the game has english subs and dub. quite impressive but confusing, if the game is fully in english, why not release it in the west too? doesn't make sense to me.

All RE games before RE6 only had the english dubs, this is nothing new. Also they already have the game in english since 2002 so that's not the reason, it's obvious a decision made by them to optimize sales in the west.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

How are the controls? Specifically did they utilize the analog stick or do you still have to push the d-pad left or right to move forward? I really hope it's the former.

You can use either one of them, I personally prefer using the classic d-pad. analog just doesn't feel right for me in classic RE games.

Only the PS3 version of Resident Evil HD was released on JP. I though people already knew JP would get the PS3 version first . The PS4 version will come out next year on all regions.

Some thing to note.

The english sub doesn't make any with the english dialogue.

Wesker Report 1 & 2 audio is Japanese only on the JP version.

The physical version of Resident Evil on PS3 is exclusive to JP.

Yeah, the dubs in all early Japanese RE games (Biohazard) are completely in English.  I actually have a nice collection of Biohazard games, 1 on PS1 (includes RE1.5), 2 on Dreamcast (includes CV demo), 3 on Dreamcast, CV on Dreamcast, then CVX on Dreamcat (yeah, the remake was originally a Dreamcast game). And now Biohazard Remastered on PS3, just for collection's sake.  I'll probably play both anyway, both because it'll be on PS4 here and that I played old RE games over and over for fun.  I must have played RE2 at least 10 times.

• Like 1

You can use either one of them, I personally prefer using the classic d-pad. analog just doesn't feel right for me in classic RE games.

Thanks for the response, this would have been a deal breaker for me. I could never get into any of the games before RE4 because of the d-pad left/fright forward only.

Thanks for the response, this would have been a deal breaker for me. I could never get into any of the games before RE4 because of the d-pad left/fright forward only.

The controls of the old RE games are exactly the same as RE4, the only thing different between them is the camera, you still have to press up to move forward, down to move backwards and left and right to turn around.

If you have any questions about the game then feel free to ask, I will answer as soon as possible!

I bought the asia / jpn ver yesterday. Playing it for maybe 6-7 hours (just toast that giant shark). So far there's no problem with the game.

But i want to ask:

1) Did you got a DLC code?

2) If yes than are there 12 digits or 16 digits code on your card? Mine have 16 digits which is weird and i can't redeem it on my asia account  :(

I bought the asia / jpn ver yesterday. Playing it for maybe 6-7 hours (just toast that giant shark). So far there's no problem with the game.

But i want to ask:

1) Did you got a DLC code?

2) If yes than are there 12 digits or 16 digits code on your card? Mine have 16 digits which is weird and i can't redeem it on my asia account  :(

The code on mine is 16 digits, but I'm wondering if it's even worth the hassle to make an Asian PSN account.   Assuming I get the code to even work.

Here you go: http://game.capcom.com/dlc/biohd/

Don't get too excited though, it's just 2 videos that you get to download to your PC, you also only have 72 hours to download them after you use the code, and if you delete them you can't download them again.

Edited by Devil_Spooky

Here you go: http://game.capcom.com/dlc/biohd/

Don't get too excited though, it's just 2 videos that you get to download to your PC, you also only have 72 hours to download them after you use the code, and if you delete them you can't download them again.

Thx for the info mate :) . Already downloaded the DLC and it's just a video for door animation and how to kill all enemies with knife. A bit useless although the play knife is quite interesting to watch...

Anyway, just finished the game with Jill. A bit angry that capcom not rework all CG cutscenes. Some even look like a straight port from GC ver with pixelated graphic :angry:   

Also, there's no english dub / sub for Wesker Report 1 & 2. WTF capcom  :angry:

I really considered getting the import version of this but decided to wait for the PS4 version to come out. Love this game and still remember the puzzles and where to go so I will be able to go through multiple playthroughs quite quickly. I'd like to see a remaster of RE Zero next, even though it was one of the weaker games in the series it was still a fun game.

Also, there's no english dub / sub for Wesker Report 1 & 2. WTF capcom  :angry:

Of course not, it's the Japanese version, the only reason the game itself has that is because it always had it, ever since the game was released all those years ago, these reports are brand new, they are not the ones that we already have, no way they would waste time putting them in english, that's part of the reason why the international version is not yet released too.

Of course not, it's the Japanese version, the only reason the game itself has that is because it always had it, ever since the game was released all those years ago, these reports are brand new, they are not the ones that we already have, no way they would waste time putting them in english, that's part of the reason why the international version is not yet released too.

So wait, the US release will have Wesker's Reports? On PS4? If so, I'll be VERY happy, I've never actually seen/read the old ones.