Mushroom XIII

• 1 month later...

Mushroom 8 is going to be a nightmare for you 

The trick is unequiping Combo Master, that skill makes you ignore the enemy's state/beat/position and makes you prone to flying off.

How do i know that?

I tried so many time with it equiped and nothing, i removed it and tried again and got S-RANK! on the second try. (If you don't know, the S-rank for this bitch is 99 hits, and it yields alot of drops, including Goofy's final Mushroom shield)

I wonder if i should try making a Platinum guide for it?

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

If anyone needs help with Mushroom 8, I finally figured a way to make this easy, and I mean easy. May still require a little bit of luck, but not much. I even got 99 hits, and probably a good chunk more, but that's where it maxes and you get an S rank. That way you also get the Ultimate Mushroom, the best shield, weapon for Goofy, in the game. The Ultimate Mushroom has 9 Strength and absorbs 40% of damage taken (Protectga ability).

So here's what I did...

Ability: Berserk Charge (infinite combo while recharging MP, not required if Fatal Crest equipped)

Ability: Equip all the air combo plus and combo plus. Take off Negative Combo! Unlike what Sonny says above, I had on Combo Master as well.

Ability: MP Haste (just to save yourself some time)

Main Weapon: Sleeping Lion (long weapon with non-interfering ability)

Master Weapon: Fatal Crest (long weapon with non-interfering ability, in fact it's ability is the same as Berserk Charge with some strength bonus).

Don't use Ultimate Weapon or Fenrir, even though those are longer. (MP Hastega ability and combo reduction ability)

Customize your quick magic access menu so you can quickly use Thundaga by holding L1 and pressing X, in other words, just holding L1 to change from normal attacks to Thundaga. You also want to assign Curaga to another button.

1. Place yourself behind the Mushroom so you face the castle.
  2. Use the Master Drive.
  3. Quickly use Curaga. This makes you run out of MP and it will start to recharge.
  4. Wait until the MP has recharged barely past the F letter in the word FORM above the MP bar, then quickly press triangle to pull the mushroom up.
  5. With the mushroom in the air, aim and attack it.
  6. Just continue to attack it with a combo that will last until your MP has recharged. This may be a bit tricky, but the trick is to not move too much when you attack, except for when the mushroom starts moving in some kind of direction. In such a case you gotta face that direction. It will also at some point try to get away from you by jumping forward. You must quickly go after it then and attacking.
  7. Now that your MP has recharged, you will no longer be able to continue comboing him, and this is good, because the little guy will try to do some serious attempts to escape in a couple of hits more. I'm not sure about exactly how many hits that is, but it's usually around 49 and early 60s. I think you need to get up to around 60 before the MP has recharged though. This is the time for quickly holding down L1 and continuously mashing X to cast Thundaga.
  8. If done properly and with some luck, the mushroom will be kept juggled in the air by the Thundaga and when you eventually run out of MP, you will be at around 99 hits.

Just practice this some times, and you will make it. The luck dependent parts is if he drops at around 49 and if you can keep juggling him with Thundaga, but shouldn't take many tries to succeed!

• Like 2

For one of the, if not the, best staff in the game you need to beat one of the Mushroom XIII that drops staffs with an S rank. One of the easiest, often abused for leveling drives, summons and limits is the Mushroom V.

Mushroom V has 10% chance to drop Premium Mushroom if you beat it within 4 seconds, and 100% chance to drop it if you beat it in 3 seconds. For anyone who had a hard time beating it in 10 seconds, this might seem impossible, but it's far from it, you just gotta know how the game works. In fact, you can get around 2:50!!

The trick is that most stats have damage cap... :S Really, it doesn't do more damage or defense etc if you have higher above this cap. This makes it sound even more impossible, but there is a little loop hole. You can boost your attack damage etc further with equipment, weapons and rings etc.

What you need:

1. High magic stat (level 99 and magic boosts).
  2. Final Drive at max level.
  3. Thundaga customized to L1 + (a button of your choice).
  4. Photon Debugger equipped (boosting thunder damage).
  5. As many rings with as high magic as you can.

What you need to do:

1. Enter Final Drive mode.
  2. Wake Mushroom.
  3. Quickly spam thundaga as fast as you can while moving around/into the mushroom.

I found that moving around/into the mushroom sometimes made me do extra damage. My times would vary between 4:50, 3:50, 2:50.

• 9 months later...

If anyone needs help with Mushroom 8, I finally figured a way to make this easy, and I mean easy. May still require a little bit of luck, but not much. I even got 99 hits, and probably a good chunk more, but that's where it maxes and you get an S rank. That way you also get the Ultimate Mushroom, the best shield, weapon for Goofy, in the game. The Ultimate Mushroom has 9 Strength and absorbs 40% of damage taken (Protectga ability).

So here's what I did...

Ability: Berserk Charge (infinite combo while recharging MP, not required if Fatal Crest equipped)

Ability: Equip all the air combo plus and combo plus. Take off Negative Combo! Unlike what Sonny says above, I had on Combo Master as well.

Ability: MP Haste (just to save yourself some time)

Main Weapon: Sleeping Lion (long weapon with non-interfering ability)

Master Weapon: Fatal Crest (long weapon with non-interfering ability, in fact it's ability is the same as Berserk Charge with some strength bonus).

Don't use Ultimate Weapon or Fenrir, even though those are longer. (MP Hastega ability and combo reduction ability)

Customize your quick magic access menu so you can quickly use Thundaga by holding L1 and pressing X, in other words, just holding L1 to change from normal attacks to Thundaga. You also want to assign Curaga to another button.

1. Place yourself behind the Mushroom so you face the castle.
  2. Use the Master Drive.
  3. Quickly use Curaga. This makes you run out of MP and it will start to recharge.
  4. Wait until the MP has recharged barely past the F letter in the word FORM above the MP bar, then quickly press triangle to pull the mushroom up.
  5. With the mushroom in the air, aim and attack it.
  6. Just continue to attack it with a combo that will last until your MP has recharged. This may be a bit tricky, but the trick is to not move too much when you attack, except for when the mushroom starts moving in some kind of direction. In such a case you gotta face that direction. It will also at some point try to get away from you by jumping forward. You must quickly go after it then and attacking.
  7. Now that your MP has recharged, you will no longer be able to continue comboing him, and this is good, because the little guy will try to do some serious attempts to escape in a couple of hits more. I'm not sure about exactly how many hits that is, but it's usually around 49 and early 60s. I think you need to get up to around 60 before the MP has recharged though. This is the time for quickly holding down L1 and continuously mashing X to cast Thundaga.
  8. If done properly and with some luck, the mushroom will be kept juggled in the air by the Thundaga and when you eventually run out of MP, you will be at around 99 hits.

Just practice this some times, and you will make it. The luck dependent parts is if he drops at around 49 and if you can keep juggling him with Thundaga, but shouldn't take many tries to succeed!

Thanks for the setup, I used this one and it worked on the 6th try :D.