Can we get new button symbols for PS4 controls?

Hi there,

Just a quick suggestion, but it would be useful when creating guides to have some new symbols (you know, these things :square::l1::r2:) to match the DS4 controller. 

And, for that matter, the Vita, which only has one trigger on each side, the touch screen and the rear touch pad.

Essentially, we need emoji symbol things for the DS4 touch-pad and Options button (we could probably do without "share" as it is never used in a game).

For the Vita, a dedicated L/R trigger button emoji may not be specifically needed as we can probably make do with the :l1::r1: symbols, but it would be nice if we had Vita-looking ones as an option. It would be useful to have a symbol for the touch screen and rear touch pad.

Bonus points if, when starting a new guide, the site could tell which platform the game is on and give you the specific button symbols for that/those platforms when writing the text. 

Just an idea anyway. Thanks for such an amazing site.

All the best

I think it is more of a problem with the Vita. R2 is still R2 on a PS4, but both R1 and R2 are considered as R on the Vita because it just has two triggers.

I had one my guides for a Vita game edited so that every time I said R button, it was changed to the R1 button emoji by a guide team member before it was published.

What confuses me about your suggestion though is that your okay with L1 and R1 button emjois working as L and R for the Vita, but you're asking for complete re designs for the DS4's different styled triggers. I mean, why?

A touch pad logo seems like a good idea for both platforms though.

Edited by Blue Flare

What confuses me about your suggestion though is that your okay with L1 and R1 button emjois working as L and R for the Vita, but you're asking for complete re designs for the DS4's different styled triggers. I mean, why?

A touch pad logo seems like a good idea for both platforms though.

Essentially, we need emoji symbol things for the DS4 touch-pad and Options button (we could probably do without "share" as it is never used in a game).
Edited by StrickenBiged