Cross-buy issue

ProGamerX56

My brother has a problem with this game's crossbuy feature. He had purchased the full game on PS3, so he downloaded the PS4 version for free off the PlayStation Store. Now, the game says he's in trial mode. I've looked it up, and people are saying you need to pay £4 to unlock the version. Thing is... it says he's already purchased the game, and he cannot find where to unlock the full game. I have already tried restoring the licenses, but that did not work. I've also tried uninstalling and installing the game, still, nothing.

Any suggestions?

Dude, I kind of had the exact thing, kind of. I don't remember exactly what I had, but I remember having the PS3 version and the PS4 one but then the PS4 said it was a trial.

Think I looked in the store a day or two later and the purchase option popped up. Keep refreshing? I don't know, but don't think you're screwed or anything because I had the same problem and then I got the full thing.

Sorry to not be of actual help.

Edited by Douchepants Dylan

Dude, I kind of had the exact thing, kind of. I don't remember exactly what I had, but I remember having the PS3 version and the PS4 one but then the PS4 said it was a trial.

Think I looked in the store a day or two later and the purchase option popped up. Keep refreshing? I don't know, but don't think you're screwed or anything because I had the same problem and then I got the full thing.

Sorry to not be of actual help.

No luck. Still says "Free, Download to PS4".

This is a Wild Guess but Maybe you have to buy it from the in-game Store rather than Psn?

The Ps4 Version is not Cross-buy, you only get a Discount for Having Bought the Ps3/Vita Versions First.

The Reverse is not true either, Buying the Ps4 Version Does not give you a Discount nor Cross-Buy for Ps3/Vita.

Edited by Akira

This is a Wild Guess but Maybe you have to buy it from the in-game Store rather than Psn?

The Ps4 Version is not Cross-buy, you only get a Discount for Having Bought the Ps3/Vita Versions First.

The Reverse is not true either, Buying the Ps4 Version Does not give you a Discount nor Cross-Buy for Ps3/Vita.

I'm not sure what to make of this situation then. No methods (PC, PSN, in-game store) work, all say the game has already been purchased. Will wait as the others suggested.

This might help - https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/20114-unable-to-unlock-full-game/

As I mentioned, I can't recall the exact process I used to purchase the upgrade, but it was not at all intuitive.

In my case, it appeared that I had already bought the game on PS4 after buying it on PS3, but I could only play an hour of the demo.

• 8 months later...