Thoughts about the game.

kevcio1

• 3 weeks later...

nice one in the beginning, but make me angry with all its freezes, crashes( nearly 1 per hour) and endless enemies without a good map

What i really love is the retro style, the jokes and that you are allowed to change difficulty nearly everytime. i guess 10 EUR / 12 USD are fair, when issues gets solved.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm thinking the patch that I downloaded for the Vita version of this game fixed all the freezing issues mentioned here since I'm already about 8 hours in and have yet to experience them.

I haven't completed the game yet but so far I'm having a "so-so" time with it. The gameplay is addictive and I do like the humor & retro charm...BUT, there are little things about the game that are a bit annoying. The game is fairly large and lets you lose in its world about a few hours in, however exploring the world without the character that allows quick travel (The Pilot) will become more of a chore than anything. Especially when doing citizen recruitment quests that demand you do a bit of traveling to different areas of the game's map. Said "quick travel" character isn't particular easy to recruit either or at least not early in the game. In fact, quite a few of the playable characters (40 in all) have tedious recruitment tasks in order to get them to join your party. 

Oh and this game is not very trophy hunter friendly either. At glance the trophies seem easy enough but fulfilling most of the requirements is actually very time consuming, so expect to spend a lot of time on this game if getting the 100% is a goal. I definitely recommend using this guide:

http://ps3trophies.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=PS4-Trophy-Guides:Citizens-of-Earth-Trophy-Guide

Edited by merciful84
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...

Downloaded this game last week, completed it today with 100% trophies. This game could have been one of the best rpgs for the VITA if it wouldn't have all these awful issues. First of all the game is constantly crashing, even more often with the patch than without it. So basically the patch didn't fix anything. 2nd i haven't found any way to avoid enemy encounters, there is no auto-win in the game (even its literally saying so ingame) - the worst part is you go somewhere, end up in a dead end, have to go all the way back and fight every 2-3 steps agains weak enemies. I recommend to save manually often and restart the game (which transports you to the beginning of the screen). 3rd the world map, what an awful decision to make such a large map with some screens containing absolutely nothing useful, some areas are too large scaled, some are just confusing (you can't see where to go or on which layer you are), the quest markers are completely irritating (sometimes for one goal there are 6 markers in different spots because you could potentially go another way, even more complexing if you have 30+ side quests activated). Very often you have no idea where to go, what to do or how to get somewhere.

It could have been a great game without crashes, a better more linear world map (kinda like Zelda gameboy or snes titels) instead letting you go to every place from the beginning. The cities are way too large, too much screen transitions combined with loading times, no auto-winning, better quest markers, quest info that tells you what to do and where the objective is. I could write more, but its enough at this point.

Edited by dwproject

• 7 months later...

Probably late to the party but I just wanted to say that while playing the game I've noticed a pattern where the game only seems to crash shortly after I save manually. So maybe saving the game is what causes the crashing some of the time? So far it hasn't crashed on me as long as I didn't save manually and luckily it autosaves frequently.

• Like 1