Ps Vita TV: question

killer91ITA

By the way, do you own a normal Vita as well?

From what I read some games are supported and are playable but some features are impossible to achieve on PSTV (like some touchscreen commands).

If you do encounter something like this, you should have Vita ready.

Sure i know this problem, i am ps vita owner from about 2 years and i have 2 of this (wifi-and another wifi+3g), i have purchased ps vita tv just for the price, compatibility with some games is a big problem,I hope in the future release more patch for certain games who require touch panel (for example uncharted, WTF SONY WAKE UP). 

I wonder how good it is as a streaming box to play PS4 games :hmm: Anyone tried this yet?

It works beautifully over wired ethernet, as long as you turn "Connect Directly with PlayStation®Vita System" OFF. It's ticked by default.

Disabling that setting forces the video feed to go over the much faster ethernet connection, removing all lag caused by a wireless connection.

• Like 1

PS TV is a silly console to play Vita games on imo, since you cant experience some of the best games, Uncharted GA, Gravity Rush, Wipeout etc. I wonder how good it is as a streaming box to play PS4 games :hmm: Anyone tried this yet?

PS TV in concept is silly for Vita games, but I've played more Vita games on that since I got it in November than I have on my Vita in most of 2014. Example, I platinum'd Need for Speed and Resogun on PS TV because I prefer those games on a big screen, it's awesome for the games it does play, if that's only, what, like a big third, probably not even half the games?

Streaming though, I did it once or twice out of curiosity, the picture quality is noticeably better than on a normal Vita (I have an original model and my girlfriend has the slim, they are the same quality) but obviously nowhere near 1080p, with that in mind though, there was no lag and the video was still prettier looking than most of the stuff I own on PS3. If you want your PS4 in another room and can't be bothered moving it / buying another one, for me, the PS TV would totally be great for that. Though I doubt there's **TOO** many people who want a PS TV for the streaming of PS4.

...Also, what ant1th3s1s said, I was using WiFi and it worked great because I have kickass internet, but it's supposedly a LOT better with wired if you have shit WiFi.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
  • Like 1

It works beautifully over wired ethernet, as long as you turn "Connect Directly with PlayStation®Vita System" OFF. It's ticked by default.

Disabling that setting forces the video feed to go over the much faster ethernet connection, removing all lag caused by a wireless connection.

Thanks for the tip!

PS TV in concept is silly for Vita games, but I've played more Vita games on that since I got it in November than I have on my Vita in most of 2014. Example, I platinum'd Need for Speed and Resogun on PS TV because I prefer those games on a big screen, it's awesome for the games it does play, if that's only, what, like a big third, probably not even half the games?

Streaming though, I did it once or twice out of curiosity, the picture quality is noticeably better than on a normal Vita (I have an original model and my girlfriend has the slim, they are the same quality) but obviously nowhere near 1080p, with that in mind though, there was no lag and the video was still prettier looking than most of the stuff I own on PS3. If you want your PS4 in another room and can't be bothered moving it / buying another one, for me, the PS TV would totally be great for that. Though I doubt there's **TOO** many people who want a PS TV for the streaming of PS4.

...Also, what ant1th3s1s said, I was using WiFi and it worked great because I have kickass internet, but it's supposedly a LOT better with wired if you have shit WiFi.

I might get it with my PS4 if I buy a TV for my room. We have a 40 inch Bravia in the living room so that would be a better choice for PS4 I guess, the TV for my room will probably be a 24 inch one, could use it for PS TV :hmm:

Thanks for the input guys!

Sidenote : My 500th forum post, woot! :dance: lol

Thanks for the tip!

I might get it with my PS4 if I buy a TV for my room. We have a 40 inch Bravia in the living room so that would be a better choice for PS4 I guess, the TV for my room will probably be a 24 inch one, could use it for PS TV :hmm:

Thanks for the input guys!

Sidenote : My 500th forum post, woot! :dance: lol

That actually makes sense, I forget people have families and whatnot, I just have a big ass TV with all my stuff hooked up to it in my big scary house where I live on my own and when no one's staying over I cry myself to sleep. I mean, nothing.

PS TV should suit you fine, you can also still have the powersaving stuff on as well, if that's at all of interest to you, so say you stream a movie to your room (don't hold me to that though, I'm not sure you can actually stream DVDs/BluRays) and fall asleep, you needn't worry about it being on all night.

• Like 1

That actually makes sense, I forget people have families and whatnot, I just have a big ass TV with all my stuff hooked up to it in my big scary house where I live on my own and when no one's staying over I cry myself to sleep. I mean, nothing.

PS TV should suit you fine, you can also still have the powersaving stuff on as well, if that's at all of interest to you, so say you stream a movie to your room (don't hold me to that though, I'm not sure you can actually stream DVDs/BluRays) and fall asleep, you needn't worry about it being on all night.

You can stream movies to PS4, but it requires a Media Server (PC, Mac or NAS), the Plex app for PS4, plus a Plex subscription.

To do it for free, open the Plex Media Server URL in a browser window on PS4 and play it full-screen. Then, I assume you can simply tap into the PS4 XMB via Remote Play on PSTV.

I personally use Apple TV for video streaming using Beamer 2 on an iMac for transcoding and to bypass iTunes, but that's another topic :nerd:.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

I've been playing on mine since this last Wednesday and I've been very happy with it. Some games will initially give you a message that it doesn't work, but you can hit the refresh button and it'll load. I know Akiba's Trip does that for me. I can say this will make platinuming games much easier for me. All those grind trophies and when needing a bigger screen to see land marks and items.