What can you say about this game?

kurtskyKG

I've been trying to do some research on this game and there is little to go off of. It looks like a 2D platformer that is heavily inspired by Ratchet & Clank (hell, even the logo looks that way.)

I can't seem to find much more information on it. It seems like one of those games where Sony said "Crap... We don't have a second Vita game for Plus this month." And somehow managed to pull this one out. It has a very stealthy release to for whatever reason. I heard about it a year ago on the Blog and the news of the game coming to Plus was the next thing I heard.

It leads me to believe that it's not all that special. But hey, I haven't played it yet so I guess my opinion is invalid until I do so.

I´m almost in the end of chapter 2 and it was all very easy untill now, including the collectibles.

There was a couple of stages I had to replay due to missing a couple of core things or the special gear, but that was purely lack of attention from me.

Everything is in plain sight and you should have no trouble at all finding everything.

At least until now, stage 8 of chapter 2.

Also, start playing on Hard, there is no difficult at all. I don´t know what changes from normal to hard, as I never played on normal.

Anyway, you can´t get the platinum stars if you play on normal, I guess. I think gold star is the max you can get on normal.

Edited by Rick_Nya

I noticed yesterday that hard mode only removes the line for jumping as you only get a arrow while on hard mode (which makes aiming much more difficult) and you don't get any higher stars than you do while on normal mode, you have to get 50 total of those energy things to get full star.  Hard mode is required for one of the trophies so you might as well get used to it early on.

This was a huge surprise. It's maybe not the best game ever made for the Vita, but it is defiently one of the best PS Plus games given for the Vita. It's a charming platformer with fine graphics and a very charming/fun gameplay mechanic.

Go try it out, it's one of those games which surprises.

It does have a few bugs, specially a save corrupt problem, so be sure to backup your savegames to PS+ and check if your save is still working after a crash and if not, import from your PS+ backup. But the game was made by two persons and they should be aware of the problems, and working on a fix.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Its "ok". So far I'm in the middle of Chapter 3. Like others are saying, its easy in beginning but now its teetering somewhere between annoying and boring. I blame this mostly on trying to obtain all the collectables. This is definitely one of those games that NEEDS trophy support because without it, it would just be a bunch of platform jumping. The enemy encounters are very infrequent (at least up to this point in the game). The jumping mechanic and its broken accuracy   can become annoying at times as well.

I plan to see it all the way to the end but dunno if the 100% is still worth pursuing at this point.

I'm having a nice time with Kick & Fennick.

It's not the most perfect game in the world, but it's still better than some overrated games like Tearaway (which I'm playing too right now). Graphics are beautiful on that OLED screen. Music is memorable. Gameplay basics are simple, but mastering them takes time.

The best way to play this game is on Hard difficulty straight away and doing 2-3 levels per session, completing them with the diamond stars. Don't ever rush with the mechanics of this game, because if you die you have to start the level over, and it can get frustrating at times.

It's a diamond in the rough for me.

Edited by RainyDusk

• 3 weeks later...

I have really enjoyed this game, and ive completed it just an hour ago.

Ive got no freezes or problems during my entire gameplay... until the end: collecting all 50 gears didnt give me the trophy! :-O

Ive sent a tweet to developers, attaching screenshots of all levels: ill see what they are going to say about; meanwhile ill load my cloud save which is on 5.2 stage and complete the game again, before starting from scratch with a brand new save.

Edited by RjKO