Great game!

Crispy_Oglop

I got this last night and I've been glued to it since. I love the interesting mix of action RPG, card game deck building, loot, dungeons & dragons and choose your own adventure elements. Definitely worth a look. If you don't like those things, you might not like it as much though.

Got this as an alternative to The Order 1886 and I'm really glad I did.

• Like 1

I've put a few hours into it so far and I'm finding it more enjoyable than I even expected. The game's focus on choice and consequence, along with the combat system make it a pretty unique, and imo successful, amalgamation of several various genres. It can be quite brutally punishing and the choices sometimes have such a low chance of working out in your favour, but as you constantly keep unlocking new cards with new situations, along with the fact that the consequences themselves are very random, I'm sadistically enjoying finding out how my next death will come about :P

It looks very interesting but the $20 price tag was too steep for me. I wish it had a week one ps plus discount or something. I'll eventually get it when it goes on sale.

To be honest, you would probably be better off waiting until they can patch it a few times. It can be prone to a few issues - sound breaks and lag to name a few. Plus the last level was never tested by the devs so they are waiting for feedback on it. So far everyone is saying the last level is nigh-impossible unless you are lucky enough to get a specific bug happen to you.

It is an amazing game though, really really surprised by it and looking forward to seeing what else they can make.

• Like 1

The game really is great, but I am unable to do specific events now that I'm in the final quarter of the game. Some events trigger battles with high numbers of enemies, like 18 plague rats, and the game just got slower and slower until the audio cut out and I had to exit the game because I would have died before killing a single enemy. I expect a patch to fix all this however, as it should be un-ignorable to the devs.

Hmm... Interesting! I might have to check this game out! :) It does sound like something up my alley. I was kind of turned off by the price, but I thought it was a PSN title, but I see now that it got a platinum.

Difficulty? Length? Online? Missables? etc?? Something I should know about the game?

So if anyone wonders, this seems to be like the old-school adventure RPG games, which was made popular with the Fighting Fantasy books. This game also have some real-time action-oriented battles. I actually happen to own almost every Fighting Fantasy book, so I guess I'm going to pick this game up. lol

Edited by MMDE

Hmm... Interesting! I might have to check this game out! :) It does sound like something up my alley. I was kind of turned off by the price, but I thought it was a PSN title, but I see now that it got a platinum.

Difficulty? Length? Online? Missables? etc?? Something I should know about the game?

It can be pretty challenging, but that is mainly due to some bugs/errors that are going to be patched soon (I hope). The last dungeon and the very final boss encounter were not tested before release so the devs are working on balancing it to be less difficult.

It should last about 10 - 20 hours I guess, depending on luck and skill

Nothing is missable and there is no online stuff  :)

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

It can be pretty challenging, but that is mainly due to some bugs/errors that are going to be patched soon (I hope). The last dungeon and the very final boss encounter were not tested before release so the devs are working on balancing it to be less difficult.

It should last about 10 - 20 hours I guess, depending on luck and skill

Nothing is missable and there is no online stuff  :)

eh, they didn't test it before release, that's ... interesting. lol

You'd think they would have the time to test their game before releasing it.

eh, they didn't test it before release, that's ... interesting. lol

You'd think they would have the time to test their game before releasing it.

Yeah hehe, not sure why. I think it might have been because it came from a Kickstarter, not sure though. They seem to be really helpful and are planning on lots of patches though which is a good sign (i hope).