DS2 worth to buy?

PaBoun

So I think to buy Dark Souls 2. I had been reading /watching a lot of reviews and gameplays but I am still unsure to buy this game. So I want to ask the people who already played Dark Souls 2 what´s your opinion about the game. If you have already beat the game it would be nice to know if there is a bigger end-game content and if you have still fun to play this game.

i would wait for the extended version, i think its out next month. if you have a ps4, you can get it for ps4 which will be cool.

i enjoyed ds2 a lot. not quite as much as ds1 or demons souls, but still a lot. i did 2.5 playthroughs, but only the first one was challenging. i never really enjoyed the multiplayer part of these games. still i would def recommend you pick it up!

It was probably somewhere on top of my list of favourite games for 2014. I think they is a lot still to do after you beat it and you can get into PvP'ing also. Every NG+ makes it slightly harder, so it's not just playing the same thing again. Overall, It was a satisfying experience for me.

If you have a PS4 it might be worth waiting for Scholar of the First Sin, as it's going to be an nicer looking version with a few changes; more players in co-op, adding and changing some enemies, all the DLC.

I personally prefer the previous 2 games but its still a good game, as mentioned if you have a ps4 is worth the wait for the remastered version with all the dlc/upgraded graphics/60fps. On note its pretty amusing how the gameplay they are showing for the current gen consoles look exactly like the promo gameplay for last gen versions, and we all know it got downgraded to hell so maybe finally get the original one.

I'd totally get the PS4 version, but if you don't have a PS4, then sure, get the PS3 version. I think the new content of the new PS3 version will be free for those with the old version, but I may be wrong about this. Some people whine about the game not being good enough or whatever, I thought it was great. If you liked the previous games, there's little reason you won't like this one.

Edited by MMDE

Wait for the Scholar of The First Sin edition, be it PS3 ($40) or PS4 ($60). it's somewhat cheaper than getting the original version (digital) + Season Pass. Also, if you don't care about being invaded by 4 Red Phantoms or "I NEED DEM 60FPS", go with the PS3 version. It's a good game, regardless of frame speed and content.

The only thing (yes. ONLY THING) that catches my attention on the current-gen/DX11 version is the new enemy locations, such as having an Ogre right at the entrance to the Forest of the Fallen Giant (Which shouldn't be a problem if you decided to clear Things Betwixt and kill the 3 Ogres before heading to Majula. As I did on my first cycle), and the new NPC invasions. Other than that, it's the same game, with the same cool lore and now with a very twisted ending.

I think the new content of the new PS3 version will be free for those with the old version, but I may be wrong about this.

The free stuff is already live, which is the addition of the Scholar of The First Sin NPC to the game, the new ending, and the Agape Ring (prevents your character from increasing his/her Soul Memory. Read as: You get no souls), taking aside the calibrations. The only 2 differences are that the new version comes with patch 1.10 on the disc and also comes with the Three Crowns DLC (which also adds up to the new ending). Think of it as Dark Souls and Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition. One's just the base game, the other comes updated and with the DLC pre-installed.

Dark souls 2 is the easiest, lamest story, unbalanced ( Hex and lightning faith is beyond, BEYOND OVERPOWERED )

The NPC allies are so overpowered they cans solo bosses while you afk even in ng+.

If you want a good soul experience Demon souls is the best, and by a landslide. Dark souls 1 was good too, gameplay and levels were nice but the story is crap and uncomparable to demon souls

Yeah, totally forgot about the DLCs. Those might make the higher price worth it.

Dark souls 2 is the easiest, lamest story, unbalanced ( Hex and lightning faith is beyond, BEYOND OVERPOWERED )

Should be pointed out this is just in comparison to the other games, which means it doesn't say a whole lot about the game.

It's like comparing something to a 10/10, and when it doesn't match or is better, saying it's the worst ever. It is a great game even if it isn't as good in many ways.

Edited by MMDE

Personally I loved the story, well it's more of a journey that the bearer of the curse will take, rather than the conventional story stuff... 

You won't be able to fully understand the 'story' right away, there will be many things to take in - and things to piece together. You will have a better understanding of this if you have played the game through at least a couple of times.

The game has a very fitting feel and intriguing atmosphere which naturally made me curious about certain aspects.  

Edited by Ham

It's not on the same level as Dark Souls 1, but it's still easily good enough to rock 99% of the releases of 2014 out of the park.

There's some NG+ content, but if you want to stretch your gametime above 100 hours, you'll want to look into PvP.

If you've played Dark Souls 1, this is just more of the same.

If you haven't played Dark Souls, what the fuck are you doing? Go get Dark Souls. It's the best game of the last 10 years.

EDIT: I also forgot about the DLC. I haven't played the DLC myself, but i've heard great things.

Edited by HappyKastanie

• 1 month later...

I have to thank all of you who helped me to decide if Dark Souls 2 is worth to buy or not. I am really greatful for all of you who give me a good insight about their feels and impressions about this game. I have to say for myself that the game is really great. I love the boss-design + the gameplay who is not sending you in one direction. I had a lot of fun in the game especially with the coop feature and the people who are more nooby than myself :D

So i have to send out a BIG THANK YOU ! to

jens108 Ham Hyunyoung MMDE djGLCKR Tomoko Kuroki HappyKastanie

With a smile - PaBoun :)