Q&A with Kotaro Uchikoshi - Director of Zero Escape series

GumiDeLaGumi

Oh damn, I thought it was the new interview and new info about ZE3 :/

Is this a new one or is it the same one that's been up for about 2 years?

Sorry for teasing you guys. I finished the game today and browsed web searching for opinions and discussions on games story and endings. It wasn't posted here yet, so i thought i would share it to psnprofiles community :)

Is this a new one or is it the same one that's been up for about 2 years?

It seems to be the one from 2 years ago with additional answers.

Because I don't remember Kotaro saying that Snake will be included in ZE3 before.

Edit: Yep, it's definitely newer one.

I mean... this is too memorable to be forgotten =D

Q55: What was Kyle’s favorite pastime when he was a kid?
Angry Birds.
Edited by Satoshi Ookami
  • Like 1

I know he talked about funding problems in the past so I am shocked he hasn't done a kickstarter for this. See the real interest the fans have in a third one. I would support it.

Actually, he did thought of kickstarter... 

On February 13, 2014, Uchikoshi revealed that Zero Escape 3 had been put on hold indefinitely, as the first two games had not sold well enough in Japan for the third game to be considered likely to be profitable. He said that he has not lost hope, though, and suggested that if one of his future games sells well, it could drum up interest for the Zero Escape series in Japan. He also said that he has examined crowdfunding sites like Kickstarter, but that "the idea is not quite persuasive enough", and that he is currently seeking out opportunities with investors and executives.[42] On February 17, 2014, he posted an update on his Twitter account, saying that "various matters are now under consideration", and once again apologized for the wait.[43]

As a response to the news of the game's indefinite hiatus, Operation Bluebird, a campaign to raise awareness of the series and support the development of Zero Escape 3, was made, and received attention from video game news outlets.

I really do hope that his next project will succeed... :3

I know he talked about funding problems in the past so I am shocked he hasn't done a kickstarter for this. See the real interest the fans have in a third one. I would support it.

He doesn't own the IP for VLR/999 so he can't make Zero Escape 3 until Spike Chunsoft lets him. I remember reading a interview where he said kickstarter isn't enough to persuasive them or something like that.

:ninja: by JeieeM.

Edited by soultaker655