Thanks for flagging me

Hello fellow profilers.

Longtime user, newtime premium member here. It saddened me to see when I logged on this week that somebody flagged me. For what, you ask? Okay, full disclosure, I understand completely why- online servers were shut down long before I could get those trophies legit- but would like to clarify. About a year ago I purchased Motorstorm: Pacific Rift- used- from Gamestop online as I couldn't find it anywhere in store and I enjoyed the original and Apocalypse so much. However, when I popped it in, trophies started popping as soon as I created my own account. This has happened to me before with other used discs- Crysis 2 and Final Fantasy XIII, to name a few- but never all almost at once. I tried turning off the console but everytime I came back the trophies kept popping, eventually popping the plat and even a DLC trophy or two before it finally stopped. This was OVER A YEAR AGO and in the time previously and the time since it is clear that I have never once cheated to get trophies. At the time it didn't set off any of the site alarms and I emailed Sony at the time to ensure my PSN wouldn't get banned- being a first party game, Sony could tell me that similar issues had arisen before with some used games and that my account was safe, so clearly someone with too much time on their hands went on a little witch hunt recently. Now look, I don't care much for leaderboards and all but I don't much like being labelled a cheater either for something beyond my control, particularly on a site that I've recently paid money for. Call 'hacker' and 'cheater' on me all you want but I'll leave the decision in the hands of the mods.

Hello fellow profilers.

Longtime user, newtime premium member here. It saddened me to see when I logged on this week that somebody flagged me. For what, you ask? Okay, full disclosure, I understand completely why- online servers were shut down long before I could get those trophies legit- but would like to clarify. About a year ago I purchased Motorstorm: Pacific Rift- used- from Gamestop online as I couldn't find it anywhere in store and I enjoyed the original and Apocalypse so much. However, when I popped it in, trophies started popping as soon as I created my own account. This has happened to me before with other used discs- Crysis 2 and Final Fantasy XIII, to name a few- but never all almost at once. I tried turning off the console but everytime I came back the trophies kept popping, eventually popping the plat and even a DLC trophy or two before it finally stopped. This was OVER A YEAR AGO and in the time previously and the time since it is clear that I have never once cheated to get trophies. At the time it didn't set off any of the site alarms and I emailed Sony at the time to ensure my PSN wouldn't get banned- being a first party game, Sony could tell me that similar issues had arisen before with some used games and that my account was safe, so clearly someone with too much time on their hands went on a little witch hunt recently. Now look, I don't care much for leaderboards and all but I don't much like being labelled a cheater either for something beyond my control, particularly on a site that I've recently paid money for. Call 'hacker' and 'cheater' on me all you want but I'll leave the decision in the hands of the mods.

I really hope your telling the truth because the detectives round here make Sherlock Holmes look like Inspector Gadget. Just explain your problem to the mods and they will sort it out. Also I wouldn't go round being cynical, did you see what the last guy got? 

The Sonic Boom of truth will come to those who aren't faithful. 

• Like 1

You may not have cheated, but i think we can agree that it wouldn't be fair to have your trophies on the leaderboard as they are.

There's two solutions to this, you count it as cheated or hide the games all together.

• Like 1