New Member tutorial

I agree.

Especially that if there's no kind of tutorial, Parker's thread should be somewhere that people will actually see it. When I joined, I had absolutely no idea there was a topic like that until I had been here for months. I had zero interest in any of the forums except the Playstation Discussion forums. I didn't even notice the Introductions forum ._.;; I think it should be pinned to the top of every forum, because it'd be basically impossible to miss that way.

• Like 2

Yeah that would be wise.

There's too many newbies coming in with no knowledge and filling up threads with questions that wouldn't need to be asked if they had clicked on a few other links, if a tutorial could be implemented to the site that would be great.

Just something with the basics and site rules that pops up after someone links their account, would save everyone a lot of time explaining it to someone every second day.

• Like 1

Is there a way for when a new member signs up for the site it takes you on a little tutorial of the major elements of the site?

Like it shows you the gaming session, introduction forum, how to make a status update, the Friends thread etc. etc. etc.

This would not only give new members more knowledge of the amazing things this site offers, but it would also stop the dozens of boosting threads and "be my friend" topics we get every week.

Or if a tour is not possible, can we maybe pin Parker's New Member thread somewhere where people will see it (hopefully). Right now it is in Off Topic and I don't think a lot of new members go there right away.

Thank you :)

You could start creating a thread here on the forum with FAQs and mini guides and get it PINNED.

:dunno: