Is the game any good/fun?

KyuubiWarGreymon

Um... Podcast Beyond?... o,o

PB is an IGN Podcast focused on Sony... I think?

On topic, I remember reading several places that Naughty Bear is impossible now, if that matters to you. I don't know why, or what the cause is, or whether it's been patched, so it may be worth looking into

Whether or not it's "fun" is one's personal opinion :P I personally have played this game and did like it to an extent, but it does have downsides: gameplay can get repetitive, some of the platinum requirements can get frustrating if you keep failing, the multiplayer is not that fun and it freezes (at least it used to) fairly frequently which makes trying for the platinum naughty cups even more annoying on levels that have several "long" zones.

Note: Should any of you get the game, I will gladly help with any online trophies even if I have them. The online for this isn't active much.

I put it on hiatus and then subsequently lost all my old save data with my old PS3 so I never got the platinum :P I have been thinking of getting back to it someday (including the DLC) since it's sad seeing it nowhere near 100%.

The game also got a sequel, which has no platinum, but which fixed most of the issues present in the first game (still froze a lot, but they said they'd patch it, no clue if they did) and was a lot more fun in my opinion. I did get 100% in that one at least xD

As for what madbuk said, I'm pretty certain the platinum is still possible. It did have glitched trophies thanks to patches, but deleting said patches (and in some cases, the DLC that the game has) fixes the trophy-specific glitching.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...

The con: The game became very stressful when I began to grind gold and platinum cups for the episodes. I have fairly plenty of experience with this game, but this video game can be overwhelming at times with camera visuals and movement bugs, the controller gameplay feels unpolished, fast-paced gameplay, and the mist of it, needing to be knowledgeable and experienced at the game. This game is not fun when it comes to trophy hunting.

The pro: This game could be enjoyable when playing for fun and not playing for the episode cup trophies. The secret, ironic kills and challenges-related trophies are easy.

The real challenge in this game is grinding higher-tier cups for episodes. The tiers for cups are bronze, silver, gold, and platinum. Episodes are missions, and cups are score performances. Score performance for cups is determined by how fast-paced, and the best way to accommodate the score, and the game has various episodes that strictly challenge you to make the experience harder.

DLC: I have little experience with the three expansions, but what I had played might be harder compared to the base game. Enemies are stronger.

My overall experience: I got a headache while going for the gold and platinum cups. I like the game because of its charm but the gameplay can get repetitive with having only three small maps. I don't recommend this game for trophy hunters. 

Edited by Remain-Vigilant