What's your goals before Heavensward?

Does anyone have any goals before Heavensward?  Mines are: (scored off are ones completed)

Original Platinum Earned

White Mage to 50.

Warrior to 50.

Weaver and Goldsmith to 50.

Ixal Beast Tribe completed (with Mount and Minion).

All Grand Companies capped.

3 Million + Gil.

Gear for DRG at i130. (currently i126)

Coils of Bahamut completed. (currently on Turn 9)

I've only played the first few hours but it was enough to know that I want to do everything possible in the game. Current goal is to have self control and not play again until Heavensward so I can can start fresh with all possible content, and get to experience the game with the badass looking new race :D

Do people still play Final Fantasy XIV? I only ask because I'm considering picking it up, but I don't want to pick it up if people aren't playing it.

Piles of people play it.  And I see you're from England, should join Ragnarok, it's easily the best server of the Chaos Data Center for end-game (which is the majority of the game).  Although, I recommend anyone thinking of starting now just to get the Heavensward bundle.  It's not worth it to start on the end game grind right now.

I've only played the first few hours but it was enough to know that I want to do everything possible in the game. Current goal is to have self control and not play again until Heavensward so I can can start fresh with all possible content, and get to experience the game with the badass looking new race :D

Yea, I'm gonna be guilty of buying yet another Fantasia to change over to that race for me.  xD It kind of suits me being demon/dragon based.

Edited by DEMON

Piles of people play it.  And I see you're from England, should join Ragnarok, it's easily the best server of the Chaos Data Center for end-game (which is the majority of the game).  Although, I recommend anyone thinking of starting now just to get the Heavensward bundle.  It's not worth it to start on the end game grind right now.

Yea, I'm gonna be guilty of buying yet another Fantasia to change over to that race for me.  xD It can of suits me being demon/dragon based.

What's included with the Heavensward bundle? And I haven't left it too late to start playing, have I?

What's included with the Heavensward bundle? And I haven't left it too late to start playing, have I?

You pretty much getting the Original Game + Expansion.  And no, when Heavensward comes out, the end game grind will be different for new players.  The end game grind is always changing in this game.  I recently introduced someone to the game, and unlike me at the start of end game, they were able to afford the i100-110 stuff reasonably easy since that gear is no longer on a weekly cap, they have moved it around now so it's your main currency with no cap apart from only being able to hold 2000 at a time, now there's a new currency that has a cap.  The game will keep going like this honestly.  It doesn't leave anyone behind so it is relatively easy to get into for new players.

Edited by DEMON

You pretty much getting the Original Game + Expansion.  And no, when Heavensward comes out, the end game grind will be different for new players.  The end game grind is always changing in this game.  I recently introduced someone to the game, and unlike me at the start of end game, they were able to afford the i100-110 stuff reasonably easy since that gear is no longer on a weekly cap, they have moved it around now so it's your main currency with no cap apart from only being able to hold 2000 at a time, now there's a new currency that has a cap.  The game will keep going like this honestly.  It doesn't leave anyone behind so it is relatively easy to get into for new players.

Okay, sounds good to me. I'm curious now though, but what is end game? I'm assuming it's not actually the end of the game, is it? I know you get a lot of different classes to choose from, but do you get currency in game? Or do you have the option of buying currency as an add-on? I've always loved Final Fantasy, which is why I'm really interested in possibly picking this one up.

Okay, sounds good to me. I'm curious now though, but what is end game? I'm assuming it's not actually the end of the game, is it? I know you get a lot of different classes to choose from, but do you get currency in game? Or do you have the option of buying currency as an add-on? I've always loved Final Fantasy, which is why I'm really interested in possibly picking this one up.

End game is just a term for the game after you complete the story/progression part.  It can be longer than the story/progression part.  MMORPGs don't end until they decide to stop the servers.