Max Payne 3 alters Single Player for Used games

Orlay_

I posted this in another site that I use, but I'm just spreading the word. What do you all think?

------------------------

Googling Max Payne 3 pass got me this quote from Escapist.

The Escapist

Rockstar has dealt with a large amount of controversy since GTA 3, due to Rockstar's evil wizard-like control of the minds of innocent teens everywhere.

Wisely, Rockstar has decide to exclude a part of the Max Payne games that could have caused more controversy... unless you buy the game new.

That's right, Max's painkillers, which take the place of medkits, are off limits to those who buy the game used.

"When we where looking back at the first few games, we noticed something... kinda ****ed up." Says Dan Houser, lead writer of Max Payne 3. "I'm surprised we didn't get **** for this the first time. Max Payne is addicted to drugs. He can't get through a gunfight without one. Jesus Christ, and he's supposed to be a good guy, a cop!"

Dan Houser goes on to introduce a more nuanced (and much more mature, American solution -Dan Houser) gameplay mechanic than popping pills for those without the pass.

Instead, Max Payne will snort coke. This won't heal him, but it will increases his resistance to damage for a few minutes. It also changes his animations and dialog lines. After consumption, he walks with a twitch, and Max's noir-like narrataion become those of a raving strung-out lunatic taking on the world.

"Players who buy it used should try equipping the M16A4 with the grenade launcher, and then snort a f**k-ton of yayo before entering the next area" Dan hints, "trust me, it's worth it."

I never got into the older installments because they came out when I was playing Halo 2 in tournements. With this information, I think I'll skip out on the series all together. I mean, an online pass is one thing but changing single player game mechanics? Sorry Rockstar, ya lost me.

I posted this in another site that I use, but I'm just spreading the word. What do you all think?

------------------------

Googling Max Payne 3 pass got me this quote from Escapist.

The Escapist

Rockstar has dealt with a large amount of controversy since GTA 3, due to Rockstar's evil wizard-like control of the minds of innocent teens everywhere.

Wisely, Rockstar has decide to exclude a part of the Max Payne games that could have caused more controversy... unless you buy the game new.

That's right, Max's painkillers, which take the place of medkits, are off limits to those who buy the game used.

"When we where looking back at the first few games, we noticed something... kinda ****ed up." Says Dan Houser, lead writer of Max Payne 3. "I'm surprised we didn't get **** for this the first time. Max Payne is addicted to drugs. He can't get through a gunfight without one. Jesus Christ, and he's supposed to be a good guy, a cop!"

Dan Houser goes on to introduce a more nuanced (and much more mature, American solution -Dan Houser) gameplay mechanic than popping pills for those without the pass.

Instead, Max Payne will snort coke. This won't heal him, but it will increases his resistance to damage for a few minutes. It also changes his animations and dialog lines. After consumption, he walks with a twitch, and Max's noir-like narrataion become those of a raving strung-out lunatic taking on the world.

"Players who buy it used should try equipping the M16A4 with the grenade launcher, and then snort a f**k-ton of yayo before entering the next area" Dan hints, "trust me, it's worth it."

I never got into the older installments because they came out when I was playing Halo 2 in tournements. With this information, I think I'll skip out on the series all together. I mean, an online pass is one thing but changing single player game mechanics? Sorry Rockstar, ya lost me.

Is this for real or is it a joke? I am genuinely confused! :blink:

This is obviously a joke. If they were going to remove content from single player if you didn't have an online pass that is all they'd do, they wouldn't spend even more money developing something for the people that buy their game used. Although I will admit it would be pretty funny.

Parker