Black Ops 2 Confirmed + Other News

SideEffect23

Finally a bit of official news on CoD9; the Call of Duty Facebook page has changed it cover photo to this:

548329_342912555770475_229899403738458_963702_86743761_n.jpg

So it looks like we'll see some sort of reveal trailer on May 1st.

Then, if you go to www.callofduty.com, you will briefly see a loading screen, if you look closely;

vMF6mw.png

You will see a bit of Morse code on the edge of the loading icon, it reads "Black Ops 2" :awesome:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I found this interesting article on MP1st.

Black-Ops-2-Copter-600x368.png

Last night, Activision updated the official Call of Duty site with a countdown to the world reveal of the next Call of Duty on May 1st. Among the intel posted on the site, there’s a distorted image that MP1st reader, Feraltomahawk, cleaned up to see more clearly. The image shows a quadrotor drone, also known as a quadrocopter.

Black-Ops-2.jpg

Coincidentally, FPSRussia’s latest video showcases a prototype quadrotor with a mounted machine gun wreaking havoc. At the end of the video, he teases that the quadrotor “might just be in the next Call of Duty.” On the outro screen of the video, an on-screen caption reads, “A big thank you to my friend makers of Call of Duty for sponsorship this video.”

FPSRussia-Black-Ops-2.jpg

The quadrotor will mostly likely be one of the killstreaks, or pointstreaks if Treyarch goes that route, in Black Ops 2, or might only feature in the single-player. Be sure to watch FPSRussia’s video below to see this bad boy in action.

I am getting very tired of the CoD series, haven't actually played MW3 in weeks. But maybe CoD9 will bring some life back into the series... and you can never go wrong with zombies :awesome:

Edited by SideEffect
  • Like 1

eh, i doubt anybody cares about COD anymore. of course, there are fanboys, and there always will be, but lets face it (fanboy mode: activate!) COD sucks! get battlefield for something new in every title :D

You may say that, but when COD9 outsells MW3 you will find it is a different story. Regardless of the annoying haters, the COD series sells better and better with each release. For the record, I am excited for the inevitable Black Ops 2.

You may say that, but when COD9 outsells MW3 you will find it is a different story. Regardless of the annoying haters, the COD series sells better and better with each release. For the record, I am excited for the inevitable Black Ops 2.

i agree that cod is the best selling game. but its the people that play it that make me hate the game. theres always kids at my school who say "YOURE GAY YOU DONT LIEK COD HURRR I BANGED YOUR MOM"

this really makes me hate call of duty, really. its the fanboys point of view.

i agree that cod is the best selling game. but its the people that play it that make me hate the game. theres always kids at my school who say "YOURE GAY YOU DONT LIEK COD HURRR I BANGED YOUR MOM"

this really makes me hate call of duty, really. its the fanboys point of view.

I can agree with that, the game itself is awesome, but the people who play it are way less awesome. :D That's why they have a mute button. lol :awesome: I actually enjoy people cussing me out it an calling me every insult their limited minds can come up with. The only reason they are complaining is because I am usually calm and collected, and flat out decimate the opposition. The issue is that they suck and can't handle getting their a$$es kicked! B):lol:

• Like 2

Woop Woop! i just cannot wait till CoD9 comes out, most of the CoD community reakons that it was going to be Mw4 but nope it's Black Ops 2. I just cannot wait! Lets pre-order when it lets us!

Im a addict

Hmmm I'm not sure who thought it was ever going to be MW4 since that's Infinity Ward's series which comes out on a 2 yearly cycle. This year it was always going to be Treyarch's turn :)

• Like 1

eh, i doubt anybody cares about COD anymore. of course, there are fanboys, and there always will be, but lets face it (fanboy mode: activate!) COD sucks! get battlefield for something new in every title :D

First, let me state that I do NOT like CoD in any way, shape or form....HOWEVER:

Members really need to quit bashing games that they don't like when a thread or post is game specific. Although I too prefer Battlefield over CoD, would I not be the same type of jerk you refer to if I made comments about how bad I think this game is when it is clearly a post about this game specifically?

The OP did not ask if others do or do not like the game, or even asked others opinions on the game as a whole. In those cases, then yes, it would be justified to give our opinions on a certain game.

The OP posted a thread that reads:

*Official* News about CoD9 + Other Stuff

Which, even for those like myself who are not fans of the game, it is obvious the OP was posting this information for those who do enjoy the game.

I wasn't even going to respond to this post because, as stated, it is not a game I enjoy. I'd have still read it just to keep informed, but when I saw the quoted post, I thought that was just wrong.

This whole "Let's bash games other people may enjoy" mindset/attitude really needs to go away.

• Like 1

First, let me state that I do NOT like CoD in any way, shape or form....HOWEVER:

Members really need to quit bashing games that they don't like when a thread or post is game specific. Although I too prefer Battlefield over CoD, would I not be the same type of jerk you refer to if I made comments about how bad I think this game is when it is clearly a post about this game specifically?

The OP did not ask if others do or do not like the game, or even asked others opinions on the game as a whole. In those cases, then yes, it would be justified to give our opinions on a certain game.

The OP posted a thread that reads:

*Official* News about CoD9 + Other Stuff

Which, even for those like myself who are not fans of the game, it is obvious the OP was posting this information for those who do enjoy the game.

I wasn't even going to respond to this post because, as stated, it is not a game I enjoy. I'd have still read it just to keep informed, but when I saw the quoted post, I thought that was just wrong.

This whole "Let's bash games other people may enjoy" mindset/attitude really needs to go away.

dont get me wrong, im not bashing on the game. im just saying that cod needs to improve and add stuff in every title, instead of adding a new weapon and saying "OOO YEAAH!!! FAMAS!!! WE DIDNT HAVE ONE OF THOSE IN COD YET! LETS ADD IT TO THE GAME, ADD SOME NEW MAPS, AND RELEASE IT!! THEN LETS ADD MAPS FROM OLDER COD GAMES FOR 15$"

until it changes its gameplay, or adds some new features, like battlefield does, people will keep on hating on cod. and eventually there will be more and more haters, and less fanboys. the only people left will be the 12 year olds breathing into their mics... COD will still keep on releasing the same game with new maps and a new gun, until even the 12 year old fanboys get bored of it and move to another game. only then the developers will change call of duty.

Hmmm I'm not sure who thought it was ever going to be MW4 since that's Infinity Ward's series which comes out on a 2 yearly cycle. This year it was always going to be Treyarch's turn :)

Color Code

Black = Activision

Yellow = Treyarch

Red = Infinity Ward

Purple = Raven Software

Aqua Blue = Sledgehammer Games

Gray = Gray Matter

Mustard = Beachhead Studios

Green = Modern Warfare

Blue = Black Ops

Agreed Sidewinder, ever since Activision signed Treyarch, it has always been planned that Infinity Ward do a game and then Treyarch, on and on. For example, COD1 - Infinity Ward, COD1:United Offensive - Treyarch and Gray Matter, COD2 - Infinity Ward, COD3 - Treyarch, COD4: Modern Warfare 1 - Infinity Ward, COD: World at War -Treyarch, COD: Modern Warfare 2 - Infinity Ward, COD: Black Ops- Treyarch, COD: Modern Warfare 3 -Infinity Ward (also Raven Software, and Sledgehammer Games, and if you want to include the COD: ELITE features, Beachead Studios), and the inevitable COD: Black Ops 2 - Treyarch. The equally inevitable COD: Modern Warfare 4 - Infinity Wardand possibly Raven andSledgehammer.See the cycle??? lol

• Like 1

Finally a bit of official news on CoD9; the Call of Duty Facebook page has changed it cover photo to this:

548329_342912555770475_229899403738458_963702_86743761_n.jpg

So it looks like we'll see some sort of reveal trailer on May 1st.

Then, if you go to www.callofduty.com, you will briefly see a loading screen, if you look closely;

vMF6mw.png

You will see a bit of Morse code on the edge of the loading icon, it reads "Black Ops 2" :awesome:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, I found this interesting article on MP1st.

I am getting very tired of the CoD series, haven't actually played MW3 in weeks. But maybe CoD9 will bring some life back into the series... and you can never go wrong with zombies :awesome:

Wow, this is excellent new information. Did you know Morse Code??? lol